It's another episode of user not getting replies to his job applications on indeed and so he begins contemplating lying...

>It's another episode of user not getting replies to his job applications on indeed and so he begins contemplating lying on his resume or maybe fixing adjusting his coverletter format or paying a professional resume writer to modify it for him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=leAHmpKRVMo
youtube.com/watch?v=lpWruHm3VBQ&list=RDlpWruHm3VBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this has happened to me all day as well... considering just kms to save time.

Maybe try looking for a local job opening, physically.

i was think the same thing, might apply for a prop firm soon.

I get random calls all the time from employers on indeed fuck company's that random tho they can get fucked

What kind of jobs are you applying for?

Did u make ur resume public

Literally anything I can do that isn't fastfood or retail

>not having a useful degree/experience

Do you have a degree?

Spoken like a true high schooler

No

How old are you and do you live in a city? Most employers (except trades) require a degree now for any job that puts food on the tables. If you are still young, look for blue-collar jobs.

>wageslaving

just work some easy effort service job and trade crypto for a living pleb

22, not in a major city. The best paying job I ever worked was $16/hr, I'm looking for anything where I can gain actual skills to later leverage.

Nobody fucking cares about emails.

I was hired on the spot by a dude into an engineering company based on being assertive and responsive and writing well.

He confided later that he saw hundreds of emailed resumes and tossed all of therm because he could not determine the qualities of any one person like that.

Get off your ass cunt.

And buy MGTI.

If college is not right for you, seriously consider a trade. You are still young and could make a killing in it. If you want to escape poverty, get a easy job that pays ~15 an hour during your time in trade school. If you pick something like becoming an electrician, you could easily clear 100k a year.

Where am I suppose to go? Take a bus to a large office building then knock on every office and ask if they can hire me?

I don't really know how to find an apprenticeship. I live in Ontario Canada.

He is right, emails and applications get filtered out by HR. You need to walk . in and ask to speak to the manager
If you could be content with trades, look up local businesses and ask them where you could find an apprenticeship/ any helpful information. That way you can learn about the industry and network

Speak to the manager? In an office? That's ridiculous man. That works for fastfood or grocery store jobs, not anything above. I cant even imagine that happening.

You keep making these threads, user. It's time to nut up and just fudge it.

I have no nuts.

Be my girlfriend.

sucks to be born between centuries, I'm sure people born in 1880 felt the same way in the world of 1917

That works for any level of job. Stop being a cuck

Blue collar it would. Not for a cubicle job.

Do you have any personal experience?

>hurr that'll never happen so i won't even try

loser

I don't get where you retards get off that trades pay 100k I'm 23 and made 50k last year and that was with quite a bit of overtime

Actually I am wrong, it works for any level of job
youtube.com/watch?v=leAHmpKRVMo

I think they're thinking down the line, after you branch off and start your own business.

It's just an absurd suggestion.

Fuck it just join the army and learn a trade there, aka not combat arms.

I just posted this in another thread:

S M A L L B U S I N E S S

Seriously, don't work for someone else. Work for yourself. If you know you are smart enough to think about things like "revenue" and "customers" you can succeed in business.

Don't invent a new wheel, just take what you're good at/passionate about/willing to tolerate, and do that.

t. Building small business and enjoy it far more than begging to be hired by companies that never give me a chance

youtube.com/watch?v=lpWruHm3VBQ&list=RDlpWruHm3VBQ

Listen to this chill beat.

Think about the small business you're making.

Goodluck, I just solved your life.

Also learn to meditate and realize everyone on earth is a snake looking for things that will benefit them over others, it's in our nature. If you're not doing it someone else is.

I'd rather work a regular job PLUS a small business. Most businesses fail or make barely anything especially at the start so it seems dumb to put your eggs in one basket.

nah you're just a brainlet without inner drive. But hey, you do you.

Try taskrabbit or uber. Also moving company where you lease property as needed.

Okay.

are you professionals, or "professionals"? use linkedin.
re: CV, add any experience you may have had in areas relevant to that of the company you are applying for..

do you have any interests that could become useful in a company? say teaching, computers (software, hardware, ...), etc.?

you need money to make money...
also, you usually need knowledge (at least basic math to understand what you are doing, i.e., to know what a profit is, percentages/proportionality, etc), the more specialized it is, the better

Interests yes, I have many of them. But no degree or experience doing anything. I'd really love to get a job that's challenging and teaches me a lot.

well, what are some of your interests?
>no experience doing anything
are you sure about that? as someone who dropped out of college, fell ill, then was a NEET for 4 years and then suddenly got a high paying job, simply because I kept learning by myself... anything counts

Ask for job openings in person. It makes a good first impression.

Programming(only dabbled in a few programming languages but never got very far), capital markets, structures and organization of businesses, health and fitness.

Not much I can say really.

Go places in person.

When I graduate in six months I'm going to do what my friends step-mom did for him. Hire a god damn professional head hunting agency, I'll ask her for the details. My friend graduates late and with a mediocre GPA from a no-name hick college and gets a job for 60k in three months with no relevance to his degree. I remember he said it cost his folks 4 grand for the "top" package. Given all that I should do okay. Dean's list, Finance, well-respected State uni. No affiliation to his parents (his employer), I'll admit my friend isn't stupid though, and he cleans up well. Also the job market here is just about as good as it gets, lol.

>paying someone to find a job for you

The most brainlet thing anyone can do

that's a lot, more than enough to get a well paying job IMO.

go make a website, use github while doing so, then put that in your resume. also, upload any programs/scripts you may have. if those show your multiple interests, even better.

your CV should only mention what you have done in the past, so mention all the things you have done. even if you made half a shitty android app, mention that. mention ALL the tools you have used and ALL the languages you have ever used. if you have been interested in learning a new programming lang, then add that and then learn a bit. if you get hired in a company that uses that language, then read some ebook and watch videos that teach the language.

also open a linkedin acct, and put all that info there

go ask for advice, there usually are job threads. if there isn't one, start one.

also, get some confidence, seriously. again, I'm saying this as an insecure fuck that got lucky some months ago... I thought I was a lost cause, but now I'm recognized by my peers at work.

>leaf

I just feel greatly overwhelmed all the time. What website am I suppose to make that anyone gives a shit about?

Are you white? If so, you're not welcome in the Ontario job market

>brainlet
I don't know if "brainlet" is an insult. The truth is though these agencies have connections and reputations to maintain, all boons for their customers. All you need is an in. Some good work and time, and you're set for life if your career is actually relevant to society. The difficult part is finding an in. I'm not going to grind my teeth with the masses if I don't have to.

Yes I'm white. I dont think that's the case. When I look at senior executives of any company in Canada they're primarily white.

In SoCal, CalTrans needs more people to hire so they can fill up pot holes on the street/freeways.

>senior executive
>uneducated scrub
Which better describes you?

I don't understand what you're trying to say with your first post and now this one.

You're just starting out. Senior executives are old and connected. You're also evidently not all that bright. I'm out.

I really dont think the situation has anything to do with race here.

I don't know if you appreciate how bad things have become in Canada.

>What website am I suppose to make that anyone gives a shit about?
did I say someone should give a shit about your website? no, I said build a website, nothing else. if you made a website people gave a shit about, you'd probably be rich already

you need some discipline to start a project. go see how other people do it, make a TODO list with features, then add those to the github repo, alongside any bugs that may appear in the future. don't be ashamed of the bugs, it's absolutely normal for devs to make mistakes. in fact, "refactoring" is part of the dev process...

btw, git is easy af to use, but you, as a noob, should always keep track of your changes.. just in case you fuck it up

why do right-wingers always blame left-wingers for economic problems that have nothing to do with them? for example, oil and mining falling...

Joke's on you, I'm a radical centrist.

so, the same shit

>Dropped out of uni
>Got a job, but shit job making €13/hour
>No serious businesses respond to applications
>Decide to fake uni diploma for a useless degree that can never be practically applied to the business world
>Get a friend to act as reference for a "bankrupt business"
>Less than a month and I have 2 job offers
>Work at a large corporation making €67k/year + tons of benefits for 3 years
>Move on to competitor for €75k/year

Everybody lies.

>Literally anything I can do
That opens up some things
>Not fast food
Reasonable
>not retail
Man there's good money in retail, take a fucking retail job if you can. Talk to your manager and say youre looking at getting into actual sales and you're looking at doing callouts and sales/accounts training. That's how to branch from retail into sales, and sales teaches you low level social engineering and how to get into people's heads and pays really well.

The way to be unhappy with a job is to say "it's just a job, I just want to do anything to pay the bills" cause guess what. When the bills are paid you're left with a shitty job you can't wait to get out of.

Also, get fucking interviews. Don't be picky about what role. Don't say "well I don't want to flip burgers". Get your foot in the door, and talk about what you want from your life and how their company will help get you there. That is what will get you hired, and if there is appropriate work (even if it's not what you're being interviewed for) you will hear about it and if there isn't, then you have the option of saying "this position isn't what I'm looking for, thank you for your time".

People who have things they want don't have them fall into their lap, they don't keep looking until they find something, they create them out of what they can get and use their merit to generate value out of it and move up in the world by constantly showing you want to.

>centrist
>not a closet neoliberal right-winger

>projecting this hard

Well before you were asking for advice but now you just sound like a bitch

>projecting
>implying I'm even close to the center, let alone a right-winger
not everybody in this website is a right-wing /pol/tard, or a US """leftist""", you know

insecurity and being unemployed does that to you

>suffering to be a wagecuck

There are so many possibilities to make money in the world and you can only think of slaving yourself away...

>this was an "im unemployed" thread
>now it's an "i feel mind bogglingly insecure about myself and my capabilities, but paradoxically I also think very highly of myself and will definitely hold a particular standard of what positions I would like to keep as long as they don't inconvenience me and probably am not actually putting in as much effort into getting a job as i am letting on because realistically I don't actually want one as much as I want to post on Veeky Forums" thread

Here are the only ways I've ever successfully gotten a job.

1. Apply to 1000, get 10 interviews, get 1 job offer.

2. Volunteer for 6 months, make connections, get job without applying.

3. Play sports with baby boomers, make connections, get job without applying.

you just described me a year ago
yeah, I'll admit I'm a dumbass... but I got the job I wanted, so it worked ;^)

>Only 19
>Want to just find a casual job at some retail store (only a few minutes walk from a shopping centre)
>Refuse to work anywhere involving cooking and handling food
>Apply for dozens of jobs, only ever gotten one interview and didn't get the job of course
>Also rejected from all Christmas/Holiday season jobs propping up

bump

All the jobs that do not pay only pennies receive at least a few hundred applications, it's a very low chance game to play it like that

didn't need this man

aren't we all supposed to be selling are cryptocoins at a high price on this board

what about in Alberta?