Why didn't Europeans develop any proper martial arts?

Why didn't Europeans develop any proper martial arts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pankration
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrestling
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch_wrestling
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fencing
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_European_martial_arts
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:European_martial_arts
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_martial_arts
youtube.com/watch?v=4GoQlvc_H3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lmao, wasnt he supposed to be a european purist?

His face looks like it belongs in mount and blade

I really feel sorry for that old man.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pankration
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrestling
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch_wrestling
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fencing
Dubble Yew Tea Eff?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_European_martial_arts
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:European_martial_arts
Google is your friend

Nyandertal taktiks

But they developed plenty, armed and unarmed: go read up on HEMA. They just weren't turned into memes by action movies and fraudster McDojo "masters".

They did. Theres a a thing called HEMA dedicated to studying and practicing it.

Hahahahahahaha

What is his problem?

T. White people

He is only 44 and looks 60 there

>0:21
Oh shit Nigga what even happened

He have lived a hard life.

because crop yields are less reliable and smaller the colder the climate gets

martial arts is part of something i like to call "too much spare time projects". Rituals for tea drinking and overly complicated ceremonies also fall within this category.

the reason europeans didn't as many martial arts as e.g. asian cultures is because they barely had enough time making sure they didn't starve.

Does gunpowder predate martial arts in Asia? I would imagine europeans never developed martial arts because they never had to.

>Escaping Prison because you think think it would be safer
I mean I guess whatever Muslims and blacks live in Norwegian prisons must really hate hate him, huh?

Imagine talking out of your ass this much

Scroll up. You've already been proven wrong.

I just cant stop watching this video, he looks so funny

Yes, because Europeans were always malnourished and starving while Chinese and Japanese are known for historically being robust and well-fed.

>what is boxing

Because martial art is art. It's not meant to be used for actual combat.

There's a reason that religious monks are the ones who invented it, it's because they use it for meditation, not to hurt people.

Whereas Europeans had actually wrestling and contact-sports for millennia, such as Pankration.

Didn't martial arts become popular in Qing china after the government banned peasants from having weapons?

you are retarded

The climate in asia is more forgiving and allows for a higher yield by less sophisticated agricultural means, resulting in a higher average crop yield per capita at a lower initial cost.

proven wrong by what? I never said that there weren't any european martial arts, I just explained why there were fewer.

>I just explained why there were fewer.
Do we even know if they were fewer...? How do you count them?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_martial_arts

>literally kill someone
>escape prison
>hold a family at gunpoint
>gets off scot-free
How did he get away with it?

the nigga was cute as a button that's how

Fucking lol, he looks like a Rien Poortvliet illustration

Which video is this webm from?

Where is that video from good sir?

Inb4 Hema fags come in and vomit out their pseudo-history from unsourced webblogs written by paint-eating chads

Martial Arts mostly develop in tribal(a tribe passing on their way of fighting) and heavily patriarchal group(a master teaching his disciple) so martial arts were never able to develop among the White Race

Christianity made it so that Europeans were less tribal(the church replaced the tribe as the supreme authority) and less patriarchal("we are all equal BS")

>Pankration
Gay

>Christianity made it so that Europeans were less tribal
>Europeans were less tribal.
>Region that could easily be part of one big fucking Empire is crammed with bajillion states.
>This is still true today.

>inb4 weeb shalion martial artists forget that their martial art is barely a 100 years old.

>State
>Tribe

A tribe is an union people who share common descent from a patrilinear ancestor, it has nothing to do with sharing the same land

youtube.com/watch?v=4GoQlvc_H3s

They were too busy perfecting Military Science, that Heavy Calvary, defensive Castles, and eventually Armor and Combined Manuever Warfare.
Learn some military history.