History of India - An Overlook, , Prehistoric India

History of India is divided into three sections:
>Ancient
>Medieval
>Modern

>Ancient India
From the Advent of Man to 712 AD (Arrival of Mohammad Bin Qasim)

>Medieval India
712 AD (Arrival of Mohammad Bin Qasim) to 1757 (Battle of Plassey)

>Modern India
1757 (Battle of Plassey) to 1964 (Death of Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru, First Prime Minister of India)

>ITT we would be discussing the the Prehistoric Part of Ancient India i.e. Pre Indus Valley Civilization

IVC is pretty much prehistory, and the period between its fall (1700-1400 bc) and the rise of the Vedic city states around 500 bc certainly is

Evidence of anatomically modern humans in the Indian subcontinent is recorded as long as 75,000 years ago

Isolated remains of Homo erectus in Hathnora in the Narmada Valley in central India indicate that India might have been inhabited since at least the Middle Pleistocene era, somewhere between 500,000 and 200,000 years ago.

The first confirmed semi-permanent settlements appeared 9,000 years ago in the Bhimbetka rock shelters in modern Madhya Pradesh, India. (Pic related)

I know, But I will be making a separate thread for Indus Valley Civilization and Vedic Age.

>Stone Age in India

>Paleolithic Stone Age

Life : - Food Gathering and living a Nomadic Life

Food and Tools : - Omnivorous diet consisting of Fruits and Hunting Big Animals in groups

Dresses - Nothing but wore Leaves and Bark in the Later Period of Paleolithic Stone Age

Fire : - Knowledge of existence of Fire by observing Forest Fires through Thunderstorms but no evidence of Man knowing how to create a one.

Art - Rock and Cave paintings at the site of Bhimbetka Caves/Shelters

>Some of the shelters were inhabited by Homo erectus over 100,000 years ago

>Mesolithic

Life : - Food gatherers and Nomads

Presumed Domestication of Dog during the later phase of Mesolithic Age.

Food : - Fruits and Animals (Big and Small)

Tools : - Both big stone tools and Microliths

Dresses : - Leaves, Bark and Animal Leather

Fire : - Discovery of Fire in Mesolithic age, Findings of Chakmak Stones along with Mesolithic tools

Use of Bow and Arrows

Use of wheels

Art - Caves and Rock paintings

>Neolithic

Life : - Practicing Agriculture, Proof of beginning of Settled life and family through huts, Use of pottery

Proof of Agriculture of Cotton, Wheat and Barley from Mehrangarh Site (Modern day Pakistan)

Koldihawa (Allahabad, India) - Excavation of Oldest Rice on the Indian Subcontinent

Food : - Fruits, Big and Small Animals, Grains

Tools : - Polished tools

Dresses : - Unwoven clothes of cotton and wool

Fire : - Use of Fire

Wheels used for making pottery

Use of bow and arrows

Proof of domestication of Dogs in Burzahom (Jammu and Kashmir, India), Burial of Dog with a human.

This was a brief info on the Stone Age of India,

Tomorrow will be a brief info on the Indus Valley Civilization (Chalcolithic and Bronze Age) on a separate thread.

neat thread i like it

>Ancient India
>From the Advent of Man
>India might have been inhabited since at least the Middle Pleistocene era, somewhere between 500,000 and 200,000 years ago.
This is Korean hyper-empire tier, do you also believe in the “out of india theory”?

Noice.

>believe
We don't believe in facts, we just know them.

It may not have been inhabited by homo sapiens. He said Homo erectus.
Who is "we"? What are these "facts"? Why does this thread have no sources?

I said Homo Erectus you Homo Idiotus

I have written site names, now do the rest yourself. I am not citing a paper, I am educating Veeky Forums.

Kek, and nice thread. Sorta reminds me of the Great Game thread. I hope you continue. Only thing you could use help on is making it less dry because it's somewhat boring right now.

>Homo Idiotus
here have this for next time you need to pull out that one

Thanks, well I sure will continue. There wasn't much in this age, I will make a Indus Valley Civilization thread today and will try to make it fun or less boring.

This is cool. When did the technology of toilet arrive in India?

>When did the technology of toilet arrive in India?
First flush toilets - Indus Valley Civilization around 26001900 BCE

>I said Homo Erectus you Homo Idiotus

>reading comprehension