How do we get American evangelical Christians to stop making an idol of the American flag?

How do we get American evangelical Christians to stop making an idol of the American flag?

Other urls found in this thread:

patriotdepot.com/1599-geneva-bible-patriots-edition/
csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2017/1010/Amid-Evangelical-decline-growing-split-between-young-Christians-and-church-elders
washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/05/12/christianity-faces-sharp-decline-as-americans-are-becoming-even-less-affiliated-with-religion/?utm_term=.59dffd6afd9d
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Flag
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can't, the USA isn't Christian, their religion is the USA.

Kill them all. Nothing of value will be lost.

We need better education.

>how can we make this fiercely loyal and patriotic group be less so?

I found you, filthy Gommie.

>defending the american taliban

wow m8

That's like calling the CIA the American KGB. Simultaneously true and irrelevant.

You Gommie swine.

spoken like a true terrorist

By reminding them that the American flag LITERALLY stands for gay marriage; any Christian who identifies as an American patriot in the post Obergefell era is a cuckold. The United States government that flag represents has made it abundantly clear that it values homosexual interests above Biblical truth.

The United $nakes of AmeriKKKa is rotten to the core, the aborted child of Calvinism melded with the worst parts of the Enlightenment. Only one American president was a man of God rather than a heretic, and he was murdered in his prime by Masonic fascists.

Fight me you godless red fucks

Let them be, the period of strong evangelism in America comes and goes, Americans dislike when they are told what they can, and can not do. It's basic on our history, and culture

Give them some meaning to their life so they identify at something at a higher level than "I squirted out of my mother's vagina on this patch of dirt".

this thread is filled with red euro cucks where its illegal to stand for your own flag without being arrested..

Are you able to point me to single European nation that makes it illegal to stand for your "own flag"?

>Für Gott und Vaterland!
What did he mean by this?

How many people have the Evangelicals killed in the past 100 years? They're not even close to the Taliban.

t. Person from a 98% white country who claims they're super diverse while they've probably only seen a black person once in their entire life

>what did he mean by this

destroy europe

American reading comprehension. That guy isn't liberal, he's pointing out how your shitty country is a jewish protestant shithole by its origins.

Native Americans, unlike Spanish Catholics who breeded with natives, puritan calvinists tought that the indigenous people were children of the devil and killed them.

>If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination

>protestant shithole
That's an oxymoron, my brown papist friend

>breeded
That isn't a word, Pablo
>puritan calvinists tought that the indigenous people were children of the devil
Vicious slander, lies

Hello fellow intelligent person, nice to read some actual history on Veeky Forums

the flag would look so much better if it was just stars on a blue field desu

Evangelicals love idols, though. They worship the Bible, you know.

idolatry is the logical conclusion to modern christianity since it merged with the pagan catholic church a long time ago, if you dislike it, but want to worship God for God itself instead of through an idol, then you should join a different abrahamic religion

What is the difference between a symbol and an idol for christians?

They were the cultural impetus behind giving Bin Laden exactly what he wanted: a culture war between "civilizations", with each side becoming increasingly more like the other.

>the USA isn't Christian, their religion is the USA.

This. It might only change with the demographics of the USA, and if an increasing amount of non-white Americans / immigrants embrace Evangelical Christianity.

White Christians are beyond all hope, imho. Even these radical fundamentalist Baptist types who believe that the USA is Babylon are only recently anti-American because of gay marriage etc. They are pretty much just two supreme court judges away from being all patriotards again. And besides, they still religiously worship the constitution.

It's not only the flag ... but the constitution! There are Study Bibles with the fucking constitution in it!

We can't. Evangelicals are base idolaters. You can't appeal to them on the basis of reason, because they reject it. You can't appeal to them based on orthodox Christian confessionality, because they reject any creed that isn't their own personal feelings drawn from the aether, or the political platform of the Religious Right. You cannot appeal to them on the basis of Scripture, because to them, Scripture and its authoritative teachings only exist in their own personal affectations and interpretations. You cannot appeal to them on the basis of the Ten Commandments (one of which states that "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them"), because they reject the abiding validity of the Ten Commandments as the moral law. You cannot appeal to them on the basis of patriotism and proper flag etiquette, because they are hypocrites and find it much more emotionally appealing to tear a hole in the flag and wear it as a poncho than to actually respect the flag and follow the basic rules which have already been written down. They suspect anything written down, except their English Bibles, and even those they suspect unless they feel a certain way about certain passages in their own hearts.

Evangelicals, in other words, aren't Christians and they are anti-American. There's not much you can do with that except hope that the more intelligent among them will eventually tire of the idiocy and hypocrisy required of them by their de facto religious establishment.

Forcibly convert them to Catholicism until they see the light and Christendom in the Americas is once again united under the banner of the Holy See of Rome.

This is so stupid it hurts

>There are Study Bibles with the fucking constitution in it!
This should infuriate any Christian who gives a damn about the Bible, even more than the inclusion of useful books such as the Didache or the Apocrypha. Rank, base idolatry.

Just watch. While "the West" and the islamic world battle it out ever-more-stupidly, while religion gets cynically exploited for political agendas, gradually neither religion will be taken seriously any more.....

The Chinese will surpass us in everything, since they don't give a shit about religion and don't put up with that kinda nonsense.

Historically, Christians of all denominations have diligently studied the Apocrypha anyway. Even the KJV, which still plays such a prominent role in American Evangelicism, included the Apocrypha!

patriotdepot.com/1599-geneva-bible-patriots-edition/

What flag is that?

You only hate it because white people do it.

Breeded

Aka raped.

Conquistidors were brutal, horny fucks

Weee! So white Christians either rape your country and your women and/or enslave you and/or just fucking genocide you. Great...

Do nothing. Literally, the way to still muddy waters is to do nothing. They are doing a fine job on their own of driving themselves into obsolescence.

csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2017/1010/Amid-Evangelical-decline-growing-split-between-young-Christians-and-church-elders
>The number of white evangelical Protestants fell from about 23 percent of the US population in 2006 to 17 percent in 2016, and only 11 percent are under 30, according to a survey of more than 100,000 Americans

The best thing you can do is teach your children and encourage your family members not to associate with the corporate Christians/republicans.

Their religion is Israel you mean. Most evangelicals would unironically side with Israel over USA if they were forced to make a choice.

>The number of white evangelical Protestants fell from about 23 percent of the US population in 2006 to 17 percent
>white
Key word. They're not becoming less radical, they're becoming less white.

It's the "Christian" flag. Some Sunday school principal in the 1800s made it up one day, and for some reason it caught on worldwide.

I really don't think you understand what "The Troubles of Jacob" are all about.

If you honestly think that rape and genocide is a core tennent of Christianity and it's value system, then you're an idiot. In the past it was very clearly used as a justification for opportunism and lust.

I've literally heard this statement before. Some "Christians" here believe that siding with Israel will play a role in salvation when Armageddon comes.

What is the solution to the Evangelical problem?

>No man whose testicles have been crushed or whose organ has been cut off may become a member of the Assembly of God.

>Whoever utters the name of the Lord must be put to death. The whole community must stone him, whether alien or native. If he utters the name, he must be put to death.

>Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material

>Ye shall not round the corners of your heads.

>All that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you.

I really don't think your post is related to mine.
Yeah. Some of them unironically viewed Obama as a traitor because he didn't suck Israeli cock 24/7. I mean there's plenty of things to criticize Obama for but come on.

Nah, it's habbeding across the board
washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/05/12/christianity-faces-sharp-decline-as-americans-are-becoming-even-less-affiliated-with-religion/?utm_term=.59dffd6afd9d

>habbeding
Blow off back to KC

It's the "Christian" flag. Very common sight in Protestant Churches in the US, usually alongside the American flag.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Flag

I'm an American Christian. Your post stated that I would likely side with Israel before America.

Because you have no idea the shitstorm that God is going to put Israel through, is the only reason I can think of why you would make such an asinine assertion.

Would you side with America over Israel then?

Israel can suck my Atheist dick.

I wasn't asking you.

Some bright oversized handkerchief a protestant cooked up one afternoon.

Honestly how do we get rid of the cultural right in this country in general? Pretty angry that this whole "oh man, Bannon is gonna unleash on the GOP now" stuff has turned out to be more Tea Party bullshit which basically just means the typical culture warrior evangelicals combined with GIBS MONEY BACK NO TAXES FUCK YOU shit.

>>All that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you
Does this cover marine mammals then too? Are sea snakes kosher, or does the lack of fins kill that? Beavers?

When in doubt, it's safest to interpret it as literally as possible, no exceptions, and if anyone complains tell them they're not true Christians.

So no, if you eat sea snake, beaver, or shrimp, you're going straight to hell

>American Christians
Nice meme. They're filthy heretics at best and outright idol worshipping apostates at worst

>or shrimp
Oh shit

Fucking saved. I've got about 2 dozen bible thumpers on Facebook who are about to get totally trolled.

God bless you, dixieboo scum
>t. Yankee degenerate