How does coups work? So some military guy tells their people to overthrow government. Aren't they obligated to not obey...

How does coups work? So some military guy tells their people to overthrow government. Aren't they obligated to not obey? What about rest of the military? Why they don't attack in full force? Or you're some secret police chief and tell your men to arrest prime minister. Won't your men just tell you to fuck off? What about military amd rest of administration? Or lets take failed hitler coup. If he succeded wouldn't it lead to civil war?

t. never served in the military

You're right. So how things look then?

Underpaid, unhappy cannon fodder that know how to handle weapons aren't going to be particular loyal to the so-called legitimate authority, particularly when compared to people they would actually trust their lives with.

these dumb wojaks are starting to get out of hand
I love wojak and i don't want him ruined by this semi-disturbing meme

Be the Wojack you want to see in the world.

Don't know about others but aren't soldiers in America basically welfare queens? free shit, free college, all that jazz

Insubordination basically doesn't exist.
t. no idea what he's talking about

>Won't your men just tell you to fuck off?

Because there are situations where an army might feel more loyalty to their officers than to the civil authority. It could be because the civil government is seen as being incompetent or dangerous (such as when the German army tried to kill Hitler) or because you've been with your commander for so long that you've come to see him as something like a father figure (such as when Caesar led his army into Rome).

America doesn't have a problem with military coups

And how many military coups did you see in America?

The IRL wojak was a literal retard so it fits.

I was pointing out to the "underpaid" segment

>insubordination basically doesn't exist
So government is at mercy of military leaders?

In a properly-structured government, the military isn't allowed to make any budgetary decisions on their own, meaning that they are dependent on the civilian government (congress, parliament, etc) for funding. The civil authority also has the power to fire or demote officers who seem to be getting too uppity.

But what about hitler coup? He wasn't in military

you gonna launch a coup if trump gets impeached lmao?

>irl wojck
wat

Um, he was the figurehead of a very large paramilitary force, the SA.

LOL, understatement of the century.

America doesn't have a problem with military coups on its own soil, but is otherwise very very fond of military coups in other countries.

Newfag detected. Wojak was a retarded autistic libertarian virgin from Poland, active on various Polish imageboards and Krautchan, he created that face that is called Wojak on this shit imageboard. It spread here from KC.

So american general might just order his people to arrest trump? What if head of state is also commander in chief?

In theory, yes. And in theory, Trump being the commander in chief wouldn't matter.

Every rule in every country is just something that is upheld by force. If the US would disband and the police wouldn't feel like doing shit anymore, there would be nothing to stop me from taking all your things, for example (Except you, maybe).
Same goes for the military, if your men are loyal to you and you have big enough of a support so that you can't be fought off, what is stopping you from seizing power? "Being in command" means nothing if people don't follow your orders.

I love them.

You are thinking SS, SA would be either on the side of coupsters or irrelevant.

How am i supposed to know it came off board. Nobody called it wojaj originally in the first years it was popular. I always thought the wojak name got tagged on by r9k for no reason other than to give him a mythos comparable to pepe the frog

In the first years he was known as feelsguy to add

The SS didn't even exist at the time of the Beer Hall Putsch

Because you're a Veeky Forums newfag brainlet who's probably not even aware there are other imageboards.

You could argue that, but that's not why a coup isn't likely in America. It's because the American people revere its soldiers, realizing that regardless of the actions of the politicians, the boots on the ground are just there to do their job.

Besides, it's hard to call someone a welfare queen when they have to put their lives on the line to protect the very system that benefits them. That's not welfare, that's symbiosis.

fuck off faggot I've been here since 2006 and I thought the same thing

Reading ED a lot doesn't make you a fucking oldfag

>newfag
No
>brainlet
No
>not aware of other boards
I am but i wasnt aware that wojak had those origins when originally he wasnt known as wojak around here. Im sorry i dont know all the Veeky Forums lore f*ggot

I'm from KC originally and had to endure Wojak's autistic Szarlotka and Ewa Farna spam for years. Once again, this applies:

>Veeky Forums lore
That's the point, it's not a Veeky Forums meme. Veeky Forums just stole it.

Please die in a gas chamber, dumbass, and don't post when you obviously don't know shit.

if the USD were to collapse, the chances of a coup happening will shoot up exponentially.

stable governments and well paid soldiers don't coup.

should either of these not be true, then anything can happen.

the point
---------
your head

I think a key part of a coup is basically hijacking the military and using it to decapitate the government before the military fully realizes what's going on.

Since soldiers are expected to follow orders without question without fully understanding why they are doing hem, a sufficiently high-ranking guy can order those beneath him to do something coupy (block the streets around this area of the city), in cooperation with another high-ranking guy who claims to have orders commanding the arrest of X,Y, and Z, and another high-ranking guy who orders his soldiers to secure the government building (because he heard there was going to be a coup lol), so most people in the military including a fair number of it's participants aren't actually in on the actual coup.

At which point it's a race against time to round up all your enemies before the system wakes up, realizes what you are doing, countermands your orders and the rest of the army drops on your head.