The Balkans

I need as much info about the region's history as possible. Know a little bit about the bosnian war but that's it.

>muh religious beliefs
>muh cultural differences
>OTTOMAN EMPIRE GET OUT REE

Thats all you got to know

>>Balkans
>>History
LOL

What the fuck. European history started there. Democracy started there. Standing armies started there. Its where christianity began in earnest in Europe. Thracians, greeks, slavs started a lot of important states.

Greeks did, Thracians were never important, slavs came into the picture in the 9th century AD

>greeks aren't balkan

Anyways, using your logic only 4-5 countries have history. Its almost as if you are full of shit.

>Democracy started there
No

>Standing armies started there. Its where christianity began in earnest in Europe
No and No

Why you brainlets think all that?

>I've never heard of Greece

>Greece
Greece was created by the British tearing a chunk off the Ottomans.
You are thinking of the Hellenic city states, there was no "Greece". They were different people, Greece was invented later.

>i never heard of sumerians, canaanites, etc

>slavs came into the picture in the 9th century AD
make that the 6th century

it's a place were people of slightly different ethnicity and culture slaughter each others because of that differences

>the region is a poor shithole now so that means it was always unimportant and boring ughhh
>also there are several small countries there, I can't remember them lol whatevuuuur

>there was no hellas
check out this retard

Why do all fucking americans believe this? Why is education so fucked on the other side of the pond. Greek is a term that unites all the Hellenic kingdoms. The olympics hosted greek competitors only. Greeks allied to fight the persians. They believed in the same gods and spoke the same language. The Trojans fought against united Greeks. Alexander the Great united all the Greek tribes and sought out to fulfill his father's dream of Macedonian expantion. Greek is a discriptive term, not a modern construct.

the Balkans have the highest amount of indigenous european dna, they're the same as always

they got Slavicised though, only Albanians kept their language

Should I believe that Serbs were in Balkans first, that they are God's chosen people, that they came from India and other jazz?

>European history started there.
No.

religious fundamentalism
extreme nationalism
low education
low iq
high corruption
no hope of being part of the western world or europe

As a european I hate slavs more than raping niggers from africa and syria.

Can Slavs redeem themselves?

I've lost all will to explain this, because of trolls foreign and domestic.
I hate my countrymen, i hate my neighbors and i hate uninformed foreigners.

>Haha fuck you Rome. We'll take your Balkan territories
>WTF OTTOMANS?!?! Get out of OUR Balkan!!!