How different would WWII turned out if Spain had joined the Axis in WWII...

How different would WWII turned out if Spain had joined the Axis in WWII? Would it have any effect in the African Campaign?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yew3fDEPqEQ
youtu.be/VgjTrgIDK2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it would be an even bigger drain on Axis resources since Allies have an even bigger coastline to launch amphibious operations

Spain is still heavily damaged by war and there would probably be a big partisan flare-up, so the main purpose of Spain in the war would be for allowing Germany to invade Gibraltar and some modest support in North Africa. Portugal is probably occupied by Germany in response to the Portuguese government (which was fascist but aligned with Britain) allowing the British to use the Azores. Britain occupies the Azores and Canary Islands, and I suspect they hold on to Gibraltar since Hitler would want to devote most of his forces to Barbarossa (this might also avert the invasions of Yugoslavia and Greece). If Gibraltar falls, it gets liberated anyway in Operation Torch, which also includes landings in Andalucia. Spain is probably the main battleground of 1943 rather than Italy. The end result is that the war in Europe ends a couple months later and the Soviets are further west, while the Spanish Republic is restored.

The Spanish navy was utterly devastated,

But it's air force was just fine.
It definitely would have defeated Britain,
But it certainly would have no chace against the Soviets

Closing the straits of Gibraltar would have a major logistical impact on the british army in North Africa

The Spanish Blue division could fight better than most SS divisions

That doesn't mean that they could have defeated 20 million soviet soldiers dumbass

Why do you think the soviets would have reached Spain? They stopped in Germany. The allies would not allow them to reach France.

Spanish Atlantic coast would be far easier than defending Italy, southern France, north Africa and the Balkans at the same time.

Again, this doesn't mean they can successfully invade the USSR

>20 million soviet soldiers
Haha the russians couldnt feild an army that size, if the spanish army helped germany they would have enough manpower to stop the soviets.

Who's bringing the "Spain would have stopped Russia" subject? The fact is, if Spain would have joined the axis, they'd have given a bad time to UK/US, not Russia

In HOI4 having Spain on your side as Germany is quite helpful so I assume the real life effect is similar.

SPBP
Not even one (You) poor guy.

Veeky Forums is shit.

this is what Spaniards actualy bealive

Suez was still open retard

>giving the u turn round Africa while the germans sail from Greece to Egypt

>open retard

Rommel's Afrikacorps couldn't hold North Africa in real life, let alone take Suez what makes this scenario different? Spain was not a major power and had little to contribute to an Axis effort. It was a heavily impoverished country coming out of a brutal civil war.

And British supply routes to North Africa came from Suez anyway.

I'm not really sure but what I do know about Spain

>recent civil war infrastructure still heavily damaged
>poor industry and no home grown aviation/armor industry
>weapon production isn't even that great
>debatable quality of commanders
>no navy

I don't think they'd help much unless they were able to rush Gibraltar and hop across and quickly take French North Africa. But after that I don't think they have the supplies to actually do much beyond take and hold the coastal cities. Plus it would strain Germanys industries even worse to supply another ally

Us doesn't enter until 1941.

I will say Britain would have surrendered as France, but the allies would still win

>Spain goes full retard and enters the war
>shit industry can't adequately supply troops who are currently busy holding the mangled shitfest of a country that is Spain
>waste countless lives and materiel trying to take Gibraltar
>fail
>Operation Torch smashes through Spanish Morocco
>Brits and Americans land on Canary Islands
>Spanish population pissed about entering another shitty war that gains nothing for them
>Western Allies aid leftover Republican rebels to undermine and weaken Francoist Spain from within
>Western Allies have giant thicc coastline to invade
>Spain falls easily
>Francuck gets Mussolinied
>Western Allies now poised to invade Southern France through the Pyrenees
>Krauts have to divert troops to wide border in Southern France
>Italy falls even easier as Krauts get stretched even more thin
>D-Day even easier as more Krauts are diverted south
>Occupied France now getting gang-banged from two fronts
>Krauts have to divert more men from the Eastern Front helping the Soviets even more
>war ends sooner than OTL and Franco doesn't live
Damn, I kind of wish Canaris didn't warn Franco not to help, sounds like a better world.

>retard again forgets that America doesn't enter until 1941

What battle is that?
>Spanish navy was utterly devastated
Context?

>retard thinks this makes a difference

Civil war

Unless Britain can withstand attacks from Spain, Italy and Germany for 1 and a half years (Which it would certainly not) then Britain would surrender.

>Republicans destroy spanish navy with communist idealism

Good take. Imagine the survivors of all the Spanish Civil War Republican factions would've raised some real hell for the Axis.

youtu.be/yew3fDEPqEQ

This happens, EVERY FUCKING TIME

>Britain couldn't outlast Germany, Italy and fucking Spain

What delusion. Spain couldn't have done anything to make a British surrender more feasible

Then the French right wing shits the bed and turns on Germany, because the only way Franco was signing on was if he got Morocco

They still would have lost.

>what are the pyrennese

Look at this video dumbass

youtu.be/VgjTrgIDK2Y