What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OuGax5gafU4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

corruption and the use of slave labor as the major economy made people lazy and complient

they feared the black warrior
/thread

Chr*stianity

Thinking they could fight a horde of roaches with a crusader knife sticking out of the back of their head.

I personally think that the borders for 1025 AD look the best.

It's just too damn big.

agreed

Byzantium still had Campania and Sardinia well into 959 AD, in "De Cerimoniis" a luad to Costantine Porfirogenitus is sung by Sardinians

racemixing
christianity
jews

A combination of various things
1) Civil wars
2) Climate change causing mass migration of barbarians
3) Plagues decimating population
4) Income inequality, too many poor people who can't find job because of slavery
5) 3 and 4 together cause Rome to have trouble finding enough recruits for the armies
6) Roman armies always relied on superior manpower and the willingness to not give up, both are now gone
7) This causes over reliance on barbarian auxileries
8) The barbarians are allowed to settle in Roman borders without being disarmed and dispersed first
9) De facto barbarian kingdoms form inside borders of western roman empire
10) It all goes to shit

Ha, it took a long fucking time for that to kick in, then.

G*rm and roach infestations

Gay feminist Christian immigrants.

all the hot baths they took fried the males testicles and killed their fertility

Muslims, Germanics, Bulgarians, Catholics, Normans, Latins/crusaders, Venetians/Catholics/Latin tag team, Muslims again, Muslims, Latins, Muslims.

In that order.

The Venetians

Georgius Sorosius

snow niggers

Christianity destroyed social cohesion.

>useless eaters
>hypothermia
>excessive culture

wut

this desu

>anti-germanism
>hellenization
you are a john green-tier cuck

they survived longer with Christianity as the official state religion than in any other form. it can't be argued that Christianity killed the empire because the facts show that embracing Christianity extended their lifespan by a thousand years

as slaves that starved to death and got conquered

>celibacy
>gout
>hedonism
>heresy
>hubris
>inertia

pissing myself over here 10/10

The Roman Empire reached its Zenith when it was Pagan. Rome was strongest when it was pagan, not when it was Christian. Byzantine Rome didn't even come close to the power that was pagan Rome.
It's not paganism that made them strong per se, rather, it was Christianity that made them weak.

Why did the Byzantines lose so much land in 600? Shouldn't they have steamrolled everyone else at that point?

Muslims beneath muhammed invaded

The Byzantines were bled dry in both manpower & treasury, their holdings were pretty flimsy, and their traditional subjects in the Levant were not all that pleased with being taxed to death. Then the Muslims came.

A small band of elite barbarian tribal warlords overwhelmed the exhausted forces of the Romans and the Persians, the system of taxation the new conquerors imposed was "fairer" than the one they replaced, and their Jewish-based faith was amenable to the Christians of the East who had been persecuted for not being Orthodox. Also, them being fellow Semites helped some.

Finally, there's the matter of Egypt. Without Egypt, Constantinople was on life-support. The cities of the Aegean needed Egypt just as the major cities of Italy needed Tunis, Algeria, and Libya. Once the grain stops flowing, shit goes south real fast.

The Justinian reconquests drained the economy.

Rise of Islam, plagues, shit leadership, lack of innovation.

Reality isn't EU4.

I'm talking about between 570 and 600. How did they just lose large, unconnected portions of Italy?

Multiculturalism.

See

then most of Egypt and Syria belonged to a different sect than the rulers of the empire. It lead to a strong rift in the empire that helped the Arabs in their conquests.

pretty damn comfy though

>What went wrong?

Treason against the gods and God-Emperor.

youtube.com/watch?v=OuGax5gafU4

>1204
JUST fuck my shit up, crusader are worst than niggers.

117 AD best year of my life

Nice dubs. Now untie them all psycho.

I'm afraid I can't do that now

Mercury
D A M A G ED

Even though the Roman spirit died long ago, it was sad for its body to end like this.

They should have moved the capital to Sardinia. They'd be unassailable then.