I want to make a popular imageboard/anonymous forum. Any advice?

I want to make a popular imageboard/anonymous forum. Any advice?

Yeah, build a timemachine and come up with the idea when it's the year 2000.

Do I have any chances now?

yup. build it lean, dont use apache, use nginx

Lmfao that tech stack is great, yes op use this you will be crafting cross platform synergies through socket API integrations in no time my friend

How to promote it? What should be the main points?

just set up tinyboard instance or go to 4 plus 4 chan and make your own board.

There are already a lot of such shit chans.

That place is scary!? Do you mean the Mongolian basket weaving forum or the Bhutanese knife juggling forum?

Are you being sarcastic?

Yes no one uses fucking jquery and php stack in 2017 lmao. Better off using vanilla js and .NET if you're gonna use shit tech

facebook uses react.js and php(HHVM)

are you ok?

Yeah, because when you have a website with 200 users and 30000 boards, its hard to have a conversation.

Or just make an app to use Veeky Forums that is actually usable.

>popular
good luck. you are not the first kid asking this, and certainly not the last. every ducking summer.

there are thousands of death, forgotten chans.

I would say give it up.

There's already a bunch that no one cares about, and people only relate chans to dark corners of the internet. It won't become popular.

With that said, I wouldn't mind making a simple chan website for fun. I've been teaching myself a little bit of PHP and MySQL. It's pretty damn neat the things you can do. Too bad I start up classes again soon.

Well, maybe I should make something different than a chan!?

>and people only relate chans to dark corners of the internet. It won't become popular
What if I make a chan for the normies?

for those of you that don't know, MariaDB is mysql

mysql officially supp by oracle, Maria DB basically a fork from mysql, has more devs working on it, open source as well

use new technology like frontendframeworks (angular 2, react, redux), it will give an edge over competitors

it basically lets you do stuff without reloading the complete site

I want to think chans are kind of counter-culture by nature, though.

>Anonymous? You mean I don't get to show off my special snowflake self!? No name!? No profile image!?

Normies like that crap, so...

It can be both anonymous and not at the same time.

OP being a fag again.
>Asks how to build a message board.
>Says tech is shit.

Ok kiddo, leave now...

Yeah, yeah. And it can be the next best thing since sliced bread. Do what you want, but it's my opinion that it just wouldn't do well.

If you really want to do a social media website, and want it to become famous, I'd say just do anything besides a chan.

People like to connect. Facebook did that well.

>I'd say just do anything besides a chan
Like what?

Gotta think for yourself man. You seem to want everything handed to you.

I don't know the answers. If you want to make it big anywhere in life, you gotta think.

lol 2008 on the line

Use node, mongodb en ZERO FRONTEND JAVASCRIPT YOU STUPID CUNT.

>Using Jquery
>having any skill

YikYak was popular with normies before it stopped being anonymous.

this guy shills every new batch of coins sayin' they are better programmed than the previous

i think you are worst kind of autist