Let's get to the point Veeky Forums. Is it immoral to lie on your resume in 2017?(almost 2018)

Let's get to the point Veeky Forums. Is it immoral to lie on your resume in 2017?(almost 2018)

I see tons of jobs I could easily learn to do but I dont have experience to do.

corporations are inherently violent so it's completely justified

no it isn't. capitalism is about doing whatever you can to win as much as you can

How are they violent?

Not immoral whatsoever. Corporations would take an opportunity like that in a millisecond. All the giant food distributors in USA half-truthed for years about the nutritional content. They had to be regulated into shape and still pull sneaky shit. Microcosm of all capitalism.

It isn't. It is not immoral to convince a company to hire you under false pretenses if you can do your job.

It is immoral in a semi-strong sense to leech from a company once you work there, however.

Every job I've ever gotten I've been "underqualified" for and then been one of the most valuable employees. This is how you get ahead

hiring pmcs

Okay can we discuss best ways to lie then?

It depends on the company. Don't lie to a small business run by some dude who's just trying to make it. Feel free lying to a big corporation or company that actively lies and cheats its consumers/ the government

no it's not, too much competition nowadays

Wait... you're the same user that owes rent to his parents

Who gives a fuck?

The best way is to exaggerate experience and imply expertise in areas that you are only familiar with. For example, it takes a day to learn the vocabulary of a new programming language and get a little experience setting up the environment and writing some basic programs. Then you can put that you're intermediately skilled in that language on your resume, and brush up later before the interview when you get a call back. Same thing for almost all software suites (CAD, Mathematica, whatever) and areas of skill (Experience with Machine Learning, experience with GUIs, whatever)

It is completely justified, a lot of people do it, esp. "pajeets" in the USA. I can confirm that as I work at a software company in an analyst capacity.

How about lying about a job you worked? I intend to say I worked as an office cuck

are you the faggot that makes this thread literally every single day?

Please nigger just do it already and stop making these threads. Shit or get off the fucking pot already.

No see making up entire jobs is really dangerous. You need to take things you did that aren't impressive and make them impressive. Say you were an intern somewhere that mostly did jack shit. Well instead of putting bs like "performed office tasks" just talk about the project that you were assigned to in technical detail and you are implying you were highly involved in the technology. You can lipstick any pig on a resume, just don't make up stuff from nothing

If it's literally your only experience they are gonna try and call whatever references you put for that place. If you don't put any references and have 1 fake job they aren't gonna hire your ass unless they are desperate as hell.

How do you people all know it's me making these threads

But I have no degree and nothing really. That's why I need to make shit up, are you sure they'll check?

It's the exact same thread multiple times a day lmfao it's obvious.

> keep your word. keep your stuff
lying is anti-capitalist

Bump.

I just did my first CV today and spent a lot of time thinking about this. I was thinking about telling them that I did an internship teaching spanish in Poland while I was on an Erasmus, but I would probably stutter a bit while talking about it. So I just exagerated some of aspects of my thesis.

Gay, nowhere in the Constitution of Capitalism does it say that.

If there are no checks to see that I didn't lie on my resumeeayy, and I have much to gain from lies, then I am incentived to lie on my resumeayylmao