Has there ever been a successful matriarchal society? If so which one?

Has there ever been a successful matriarchal society? If so which one?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matriarchy
youtu.be/mKUJWtm-_gs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There hasn't ever been a matriarchal society

The EU

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matriarchy

literally one googling away

*successful*

Minoan. The Indus Valley civilization was also matriarchal.

Proofs?

More or less every matriarchal society that have existed have been isolated and/or hunter gatherers. Then there are a bunch of temporary ones. And there are certain historians and scholars that say people like the minoans were matriarchal. However this still needs some conclusive evidence to be taken as fact.

>ywn live in an amazon matriarchal tribe where naked qts use you as their sex object

>More or less every matriarchal society that have existed have been isolated and/or hunter gatherers. Then there are a bunch of temporary ones
Such as?

Literally do just one google search. Just to name a few:
Mosuo
Bribri
Ancient Sitones
From wikipedia: Spokespersons for various indigenous peoples at the United Nations and elsewhere have highlighted the central role of women in their societies

>Mosuo
Not a matriarchy.
>However, unlike in a true matriarchy, political power tends to be in the hands of males

>From wikipedia: Spokespersons for various indigenous peoples at the United Nations and elsewhere have highlighted the central role of women in their societies
From the same page you quoted that from

>Most anthropologists hold that there are no known societies that are unambiguously matriarchal.[58][59][60] According to J. M. Adovasio, Olga Soffer, and Jake Page, no true matriarchy is known actually to have existed.[54] Anthropologist Joan Bamberger argued that the historical record contains no primary sources on any society in which women dominated.[61] Anthropologist Donald Brown's list of human cultural universals (viz., features shared by nearly all current human societies) includes men being the "dominant element" in public political affairs,[62] which he asserts is the contemporary opinion of mainstream anthropology.[citation needed] There are some disagreements and possible exceptions. A belief that women's rule preceded men's rule was, according to Haviland, "held by many nineteenth-century intellectuals".[4] The hypothesis survived into the 20th century and was notably advanced in the context of feminism and especially second-wave feminism, but the hypothesis is mostly discredited today, most experts saying that it was never true

>unambiguously matriarchal
>true matriarchy
in this case I agree. I don't think anyone acually belive societies like the amazon warriors. However certain cultures have elements of matriarchy in them.
I don't want to be that guy, but one definition of matriarchy is "a family, society, community, or state governed by women." Cultures where the "head" of the family is the mother is therefore often conciderd matriarchies, but not "ture" ones, since men will always at least share the authority in society.

>play

>tfw you want to indulge the idea of the pre-Aryan European matriarchal societies
>ywn on horseback with bronze weapons slaughter all their emasculated """""men""""" and take their beautiful dark-skinned blue-eyed women
>ywn pray to Dyeus for swift victory in war and Hausos for sticky creampies in pre-IE wombs
just give me a bronze dagger to slit my own wrists already

>literally a /r9k/ or /pol/ shitpost on the 'level of kids these days'

Not really a true one, no.
[spoiler] social constructionists BTFO [/spoiler]

i apologize for messing up that spoiler, guys. I'll try harder next time, don't worry.

Minoan religion was primarily goddess worship. But we can't say for sure that this means their society was matriarchal.

Mosuo have matriarchal elements though.

Elements. They aren't a true matriarchy.

everything has been tried before in the early stages of civilization , since there are no matriarchal society's today proves it doesn't work , or at least they get the shit kicked out of them

Some ancient cultures and civilizations had laws that protected women and allowed some of them to be more than breeding cattle, women's sexual power over men was acknowledged. But that was lost once violent sandniggers began to spread their desert adventures book.

I wouldn't really call that matriarchal though.

isn't every western country matriarchal now?

just point at a man and take him away on charges without evidence

I'm not calling it matriarchal though. There really isn't any matriarchal society we know of, just some VIP women in ancient history that were treated fairly well in comparison.

Nah, that's an over exaggeration. The west is still not matriarchal in general, but if things keep going in that direction we could have a matriarchal rule after some decades. Probably won't live to see it though.

I mean like back in the day men could call women a witch , with or withour proof and at the very least the woman was ostracized by everyone

now the woman could call a man a rapist or a pervert and at the very least the guy is ostracized, shit flipped

Sweden

>men could call women a witch
*men could call anyone a witch.
The salem witch trials saw men as well as women being accused.

What if I told you ALL societies have been matriarchal?

Women only let men play in public and pretend to be boss.

But they have always pulled the strings from behind the scenes.

Nope. Conservative people breed more as do minorities. We're in peak matriarchy now.

>this thread again.

To answer your question, the Germans. Their leaders tend to be huge cunts.

Butthurt mra virgin spotted

youtu.be/mKUJWtm-_gs

lol leave your basement and slap a woman see what happends

It's all about the kind of brainwashing you do to kids at school. Kids spend more time at school than they do at home, and when they are at home they barely interact with their parents. Whatever they learn about advanced social norms they will do it at school.

>slap woman
>go to jail
>slap man
>get your nose broken and go to jail

Anasazi, Indus Valley civ, the list goes on...

Not true matriarchies.

The way European and American Society is going, you may not have to go back in time brah, just have to beat the Muslims and Mexicans to it

>tfw may live to see California secede
>tfw may live to rape and pillage with my veteran buddies Mad Max style
>tfw may live to put CA feminists and female liberals in your harem

wew lad, Im ready

>california seceding
top fucking kek

Eric... go easy on the white nationalist propaganda

I'm not white

Do you wish you were

No