See this

>see this
what do

that would never happen because i play as spain and convert all of iberia and north africa meaning i have like 6 different cardinals in the college.

Assassinate pope.

Be sad.

Train lots of priests and hope to control the papacy in the medium/long-term future.

I invade Rome and brace for the upcoming crusade.

ANTIPOPE
NTIPOPE
TIPOPE
IPOPE
POPE
OPE
PE
E

Attack Rome and murder the fucker.

What game is this?

take him out with my ten level assasian who is standing by rome

i want to be a good catholic but these fagbags dont want peace

Assasins creed 2

battletoads: total war

I got my own pope once.
Didn't do much. I think he turned against me anyway.

Not kidding, that would be awesome.

Crusader Kings II

Hyrule: Total War

Medieval 2 total war

Literally just kill the Pope, easy.

Stop shitposting

You cant be excommunicated by catholic pope if you orthodox christian

Execute the Queen of Scots and blame it on the Privy Council

*kills all of your best generals*
Nothin' personnel, heathen.

Of course you can

*literally kills the crown prince*
Why is this allowed?

>see THIS
what do

I once modded the game to play as the Papal States, literally just better assassins

How do you think the Schism started?

CROSS THE RUBICON

I'm Christian, not Catholic, so big deal

t. evangelical americlap
neck yourself

Continue waging war on the dirty french

call of duty 9: world at war

That's an actual mod.

die is cast senpai

A) Pay him off. Requires 10's of thousands of florins

B) Take Rome, then negotiate your return to the fold by offering the city back.

At some point you'll be powerful enough where this won't matter. So in one game I took Rome and any other Papal State cities, killed the Pope in combat, and he would respawn as a general nearby in the fields. If he wasn't a Pope of my own faction, I'd continue my reign of terror in Europe and kill him off he protested.

>steampunk brown elves
>use lizard people slaves as cannon fodder
>shoot through their backs at the enemy
>genocide a race of literal children

Good mod.

Can't wait until the next version of 'Europa Barbarorum 2' gets released. We are getting really close after all this time of waiting.

I almost never had this happen to me. Don't inquisitors only spawn when there's high heresy? The times I had an inquisitor attacking my people was after conquering regions full of heretics.

The Pope asked the Patriarch of Constantinopole to admit the Pope is above all patriarchs(3 of the patriarchies had almost no power so only Rome and Constantinopole were competing), to which the patriarch said "Fuck off" and created the Orthodox church.
"You can't excommunicate me, I excommunicate you" memes happened during the early schisms.

Immediately after conquering Jerusalem in the First Crusade, give it to the Papal States. You'll be the Popes golden boy for the rest of the game. It'll probably rebel or be recaptured instantly so you can just recapture it and repeat if you ever need to boost your popularity.

That's not a bad idea at all.

>Don't inquisitors only spawn when there's high heresy?
I blieve they only spawn when a region is about 80% Catholic, but they're not really tied to that region so once that's out of the way they'll just start roaming around and catch you off guard.

I'd appeal to the Pope in tattered clothing and barefoot in the middle of winter and accept a compromise regarding investiture.

Oh we're talking about video games...

>not maintaining a large network of spies and assassins within your territory

This, or just get one of your own cardinals elected.

that means no more "cease hostilities" quests

Invade and subjugate papal states, this will win favour with other nations who have bad relations with the pope, proceed to elect the next pope and always choose an allies one to build trust, and then rejoin cathocucks, declare crusades and take over.

Found the Protestant sect whose adherents would come to dominate the world

It works. The only thing that can go wrong is if the game randomly delcares the First Crusade against somewhere other than Jerusalem. Trying to take and hold Cairo as the Danes was... interesting.

>10% assassination chance

>not training with merchants and generals

>3% chance
>all merchants are dead

Scratch my head in confusion, then call a Jihad with my imams.

>captains

This is why you have multiple assassins trailing inquisitors.

>2 inquisitors come in and kill them

Legend of Zelda, medieval edition

>randomly spamming with inquisitors everywhere

I would always try to start a crusade against the Byzantines,

I've never had the first crusade trigger against Jerusalem in the base game, only Cairo unless I've paid off the pope so I can get it on the city of my choice

Wait till I get 35% and convert to atheism

Game was broke. You take Rome, assasinate all inquisitors, and keep killing the Pope's army that spawns southeast of it. Then you declare crusades on your Christian enemies.

That's the point where you would have at least 2 full stacks to bum rush the comp SPQR.

Papal Simulator 2: The Cardinal's Revenge

..game?

Set up an Antipope. Maybe later create protestantism

Wait, this fucking happens?

I've played a few dozen campaigns of this and never once did anyone demand my suicide. Maybe I just take Rome before the Senate has a chance to demand it.

Make your own Church

It happens when you're powerful, and your popularity among the masses is high, but you disregard senate missions and are unpopular with them.

It basically triggers "muh empire" mode.

nump;

Unfortunately it's pretty much unplayable and the guy never fixes bugs, instead he just randomly adds new features without debugging the existing features.

>Not even the royals escape God's judgement!

he stopped modding for med 2.