tfw they actually come back

FOR ROOOOOOOOME

CATAPHRACT CAMELS

LAST NIGHT THE CRYING OF THE CHILDREN KEPT ME AWAKE

ROME HAS WON TODAY

GUYS, FORM TETSUO!

>Rome 2 will never be good

THEY HAVE BEARDS LIKE CHILDREN

Craven whore son that he is, the enemy general flees!
The enemy king lies dead. Unfortunately slain, before the pox could kill him.

forgot pic

ENEMIES ARE BAD

RYSE: SON OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

Fucking zombie army.

The virgin legionnaire.

hellatorius...
victorialis.......

The DEI mod for Rome 2 is actually pretty good, though it can be really complex at times. They piled on even more systems for the sake of autism (supply lines and class based population), but you can turn those off with submods. It's not quite EB Rome 1 levels of amazing, but it's pretty good. Not the same as Rome 2 at launch at all.

HOPLITES OF SPAAARTA!

bomber caesar do it again

>dei
>literally fantasy armies

Fuckers are too dumb to read actual books and just copied EB.

problem with DEI is that rome is extremely overpowered, which isnt a problem when youre playing as the romans, but then its suddenly impossible to beat them in battle when you play as somebody else. I tried doing an armenian campaign and my units were just utterly outclassed. 0erfect tactics, surrounding them, raining their assholes with arrows none of it works. roman infantry in that mod carves through fucking everything and never brraks.

BOAT ROWERS

I was slapping their shit when I last played as Macedon. They were streaming stacks down through Dalmatia and through Apollonia almost every turn and I kept swatting them. May have been because they were pre-Marian though idk.

they may have patched it, last I played DEI was like 2 years back when they first released the supply chain update and I wanted to check it out. Back then you could take a historical fullstack of premarian troops (5 hastati, 5 princepes, 4 triarii, 3 velites, 2 equites and a general's bodyguard, about 2000 men) and easily beat back like 4 stacks of gauls (7000-12000 men) as long as you did the proper line switching and always had fresh troops at the front, playing like that actually works in dei since roman troops dont take casualties until they start getting tired, and its really easy to pull out of combat in that game with little to no penalties or losses, basically i conquered all of gaul with a single fullstack, killing probably 50 thousand gauls with it whilst simultaneously conquering all of africa with my second fullstack, basically had almost historical borders by like turn 60 and I was still premarian, it was so ridiculously easy. hopefully its not that easy anymore.
anyway in my armenian campaign i had two roman stacks attack, got them bogged down in riverbed and had heavy cavalry constantly ramming their flank. My cav couldnt break them and actually took more casualties than they dished out despite being under perfect circumstances, and the romans pushed right through my lines to the other side of the river all the while under heavy missile fire and literally continous amd nonstop hammers from the best heavy cavalry in the game with no results whatsoever. Thats when I realized that rome was overpowered even with AI and that I had exploited that my whole previous playthrough by slaugtering like 20 gallic stacks one after the other with a single roman stack.

YOUR MEN FLEE FROM THE FIELD
SHAMEFUL DISPLAY

DESPERATE PARTISANS TAKE TO THE HILLS NEAR BABYLON

SPQR, mufugga

>tfw numidiam faction using skirmishing and diversion to win against technologically and numerically superior foreign conquerors
>tfw a TW game feel fresh and pretty entertaining again

mod is EBII as I'm sure you guys know

t. Tacfarinas

BOZ BOZ BOZ!

t. gaul

I love how that's the wrong usage of the word partisans.

I dont know why, but I always liked Roma Surrectum II and Barbarorum for Rome much more than for Medieval

Well thankfully, they're all gone now

BUTCHER THEM!

EBII was intentionally different. Romans aren't even the focus, really, which is fine.
Idk. taste is taste, yours, mine.

Exactly what I thought. Fucking hell

I never realy likes playing for Rome anway, my most favourite factions were always greek states with pike infantry and cavalry (Macedonia)

*liked

> greek
> Macedonia

STOP IT
DELET THIS NOW

BERSERKER GANG!

Alexander the Great was a Slav

Alexander was a BLACK Turk

Alexander the Great was a Kurd

This but unironically

EBII was pretty shit when it first released, and it took the team a really long time to get it patched (something like a year).

>2017
>being a fyromlet
Lmaoing rn

Alexander the Great was american

Alexandrescu cel Mare was 100% Romanian or as i've recently taken to calling them Dacian

*starves*

conventional tactics don't work against an enemy that's perfect for doing them in every way

with Romans you a)kite b)skirmish c)arty

the AI knows this and often runs away from your formation, splits up and forces you break apart your formation. Sometimes they intentionally deploy in low ground to force you to follow them uphill under fire.

Don't mind be, just being the best Hellenic Garrison Unit.

i would run out of ammo and artillery before i made a dent in their lines is what im saying, even rear shots werent enough, like 20 volleys would kill 10 guys it was stupid. idk if they patched it but they were ridiculous a few years back.

If nothing else, I would recommend the Faster Battles submod. I think the battles in DEI go too slow by default, giving the player more advantages over the AI. Faster Battles will make combat more fatal, so high armor units like Legionnaires will die faster. Of course, they'll chew through things faster too.

I don't remember how it was years back but now legions do start to crack if they're stretched and bled enough, i've had several of mine break after receiving enough front + side pressure. The key is to never go dead on, even if you need to disengage for a bit and juggle units, inflict as many casualties as you can but pull out if they seem to be getting their act together. They might recover their stamina but the morale impact will stay.

also as usual, terrain advantages are vastly, vastly overpowered and a steep enough hill will kill more men than any fancy trick.

unf

theres no joke

>It's a wait 45 minutes while the Armenians wheel up their four battering rams and then run into your waiting spears episode
>It's a repeat

?

This unit doesn't exist though user

Or is it from mod?

he was the romanian superproletarian

>it's a "taking barbarian town assaulting the same gate with no arrow coverage every time and they just camp atop the hill at the center and doing nothing while you clamp all sides and pepper them every time" episode
>it's a "greek army tries to throw down with a lot of phalanxes but their cavalry is hilariously shit so you kill them and their skirmishers in seconds and their neat line turns into a clusterfuck of single units pointing in every direction while they try to avoid flanking" episode

QUINCTILIUS VARUS, LEGIONES REDDES

THE GODS BE PRAISED, THE ENEMY GENERAL HAS BEEN KILLED!

But is the day ours?

youtube.com/watch?v=chPRYXS0YZI

PLEBS

Europa Barbarorum

THE DAY IS *voice cracks* OURS

STAND AND FIGHT

>I WANT TO SEE BLOOD
>I WANT TO BATHE IN THEIR BLOOD
>I WANT TO BATHE IN THEIR BLOOD FOR A WEEK

I knew I wasnt the only one doing that.

Do you also do the
>4 units of Levy Hoplites + 2 Archers.
>Archers burn down siege towers and rams while levy hoplites meatgrinder anyone who goes up.

>THE JULII PROSTITUTE THEMSELVES! AS I THE PEOPLE MATTERED!
Gotta love how other roman families roast eachother

TAXEIS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

this just proves that video games must be stopped

ENOUGH
Seguntum is lost and our western allies has failed us
where was the last reports of his whereabouts?

My spies in Iberia tell me his fleet
has
sailed.

WE MUST EXPECT AN INVASION AT MASSALIA

SPABOHDE!
ALAHWAN FAROZ!

I am a GAUL

>Anno Domini 2017, Octobribus XX
>Ancient Empires still not released