Was there an uglier uniform in history than the British WW2 battledress?

Was there an uglier uniform in history than the British WW2 battledress?

also uniform thread

Not as ugly as the GDR's uniform and their helmet

I agree about the camo but that helmet is at least an upgrade from the stupid helmets the Wehrmacht used.

Honestly, I like British WWI and WWII uniforms. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the high pants.

>Was there an uglier uniform in history than the British WW2 battledress?

I would sooner go into battle butt naked like some retarded Liberian Army general than wear an Army Combat Uniform. That thing is an absolute piece of shit and every last one of them should be thrown into a concentration camp oven.

Most modern American uniforms make my eyes bleed. The only good ones are the Marine's uniforms and the maybe the multicams. Air Force has the ugliest pattern, though. Pic related.

BDUs.

How can one make tiger-stripe camo so unaesthetic?

Like one of the secret camos in Metal Gear Solid 3

Afrika Korps had the most aesthic uniform of WWII.

why are there moustaches on the uniform
gay army?

*sighs with smug reignaion as he does his best not to indulge his racism*
I mean it's neat.
Very original working cartoon animals into what is probably a moderately effective camo pattern.
but wew
WEW

The Army at least has been phasing out UCP in favor of OCP, pic related. It's a dramatic improvement.

You can’t deny the animal elements are a cool touch and don’t hinder the camouflage qualities of the uniform in any way, which look like conventional woodland pattern at a distance, which is how the enemy would see it.

For context that is the camo for wildlife guards.

I'm guessing those are the guys armed with AKs who stand around old rhinos all day to keep away poachers

Aesthetics

Maybe I'm the retard here, but why the hell would they be using woodland camo in a desert??

I want one of these to use as pijamas.

The US had mostly camo for the forests of Europe, not for the desert.

>It's a dramatic improvement.

So is spraying a pile of cowshit with Febreze, I'm still not going anywhere near it.

>didn't even change out desert helmets for woodland ones so it would at least look consistent

The Iraq War was a mistake for this reason alone.

Love me some Vietnam-era patterns.
>Pic related ERDL pattern camo

The US Military went into Iraq half-cocked on account of George W. Bush and 90% of the DoD being complete retards. They issued MOPP equipment to the invasion forces that was mainly M81 Woodland Camo. US forces suffered disproportionate numbers of casualties to heat stroke (brought on the suits) as well as snipers during the invasion and it later turned out MOPP wasn't even needed at all because Iraq's chemical weapons caches were destroyed or expired. Meaning a whole lot of US soldiers literally died for nothing.

The book Generation Kill touches on this in the first few chapters.

Look at that sweet m4 mmm

>Look at that sweet m4 mmm
>M4
>Vietnam

>Hating on the Stahlhelm

Git out.

Why did modern weaponry and warfare kill the aesthetics of true uniforms? Will we ever see a return to the good looking uniforms?

Many countries still have parade uniforms

>Wears them only at parades
user that is terrible and you know it.

Function > Form

>STEMfags will defend this

The British battledress didn't look too bad. I think the ugliest part is the short tunic. They should've kept the one they had in WW1.
The Brodie looks ugly on its own, but with scrim it can look cool.

>U.S war department
Kek. These are actually illustrations from the Osprey uniform books.
Also what's up with that purple uniform on the left?

the colour looks slightly off but they're mostly correct
Also anyone knows what unit pic related from?

Might look stupid but that camo and helmet design worked great.

Why couldn't we have just adopted the goosestep like the Prussians?

Literally and unironically die.

Fairly efficient though, together with the '37 patt webbing at the war's outbreak at least it was superior to that of most forces.

Might be Leibstandarte during the very early 1930s

Probably the American M41 uniform

>Hey everyone else is using wool uniforms with lots of pockets that blend in well
>Let's give our guys a shitty little wind breaker with little storage space that doesn't blend into anything

Say what you want about infantry uniform, but British AFV coveralls looked alpha af

That's Veeky Forums you fucking retard

I beg to differ

that rifleman looks like they took the worst looking parts of Russian and French ww1 uniforms and putted it together.in shitty colour.

They look like walking sleeping bags gtfo m8

Nothing changes the fact that that helmet is ugly as hell

That is the Stahlhelm you faggot.

>aesthetics are more important than utility
found the homosexual

I wouldn't want to be pressed in with these retards

>Estonian Militia is more play-pretend than a military force

I've always loved Russian Uniforms since the 1990s just because of how pratical their gear can be. Plus the camo isn't that bad.

they looked great

>aesthetics don't matter in a thread about aesthetics

The rifleman's uniform looks fucking retarded. Color doesn't blend into anything and it just looks impractical.

They have nice camo

Actual Russian camo is good. These guys seem to be wearing knock offs of various other camouflages like DPM. Too bad Russian spec ops all use Multimeme now.

BENIS :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Uniforms aren't supposed to be pretty.

I don't get it. What's wrong with them? They seem fine to me.

What are some examples of actual Russian camo

Partizan, flora, KZS, TTsKO

KZS is sexy as fuck

Water buffalo

this is the attitude that killed millions in ww1. some armies never even issued helmets because their caps were too jaunty to give up

Don't know if that's it but Valkyrie was unironically worth the watch solely for how well they captured the aesthetics.

This
British uniforms look dumb on paper but in the shit they look aesthetic

leibstandarte adolf hitler

>This is the attitude that killed millions in ww1
You make that sound like its a problem or something. They went fighting off to war, the least they can do is die looking good. They wouldn't want to live in the post-war world anyways.

I bet you'd go into war without theme music playing in the background too you faggot.

dubs of truth.

>Fukkin Reporter got his balls stuck

it will never stop being funny that this happened with the ginormous military budget of USA

It's retarded and the stahlhelm went on to greatly influence later u.s helmet designs.

You mean the field jacket that was temporary? Still looks better than British battledress.

>this is what it looks like to be retarded

I own an original M35, that fucker is heavy compared to my brodie and M1. The Stahlhelm wasn't completely remade from WWI as I'm sure you know. It's very much a product of the times where most concern was around shrapnel impacts. In this regard, it is a great helmet because of the apron and visor. Granted, I would also trust the M35 more in a firefight specifically because of those features.
Is it really any good against a rifle though? In combat I doubt it. Many fire tests have been done on it and you can them on YouTube and it fares well. In reality though, getting hit by anything more than a scraping or grazing bullet is probably going to kill you. They were just comforts to the soldiers out in the field. If you look at a lot of photographs, you can notice that some Germans preferred their cap to the helmet, even in battle or in situations where they were required to wear it.

>Is it really any good against a rifle though?
Not a /k/ommando, but aren't most combat helmets used by modern forces also useless against bullets? During my military service, they told us that the helmet would protect you from nothing more than pistol fire and shrapnell

Modern helmets have stopped rifle rounds, but it isn't what they're meant for