Historically, what is the Germanic homeland? Where did the Germanic peoples come from?

Historically, what is the Germanic homeland? Where did the Germanic peoples come from?

The depths of Hell. We missed the chance to send them back there after the Second World War.

fpbp

>Ireland
>Scotland
>Wales
>Iceland

>Saxons

what weird map is this?
>saxons in ireland and scotland
>franks in southern england and eastern europe
>arabs in finland
>"atlantians" in central europe
>big whole in central europe/balkans
>greeks in egypt?
>andals

Scandanavia. Not to be confused with Scandinavia.

>Where did the Germanic peoples come from?

Mars

Scandinavia

get a new map retard

Linguistic evidence point to Southern Scandinavia being the Germanic urheimat.

>Germans
>Germanic

What's wrong with the map?

>Historically, what is the Germanic homeland? Where did the Germanic peoples come from?

European Russia, Baltics, Ukraine, somewhere there.

But that's wrong.

Germanics developed in situ in Scandinavia and Northern Germany.

>greece is italian
>egypt is greek
>scandinavia is arabic
>poland is german
>orange is ???
>around hungary is not europe i guess?
kek good bait map

>72 years
>Schlomo is still buttblasted

Remind yourself where we fist meet the goths, for example.
Remind yourself how the germanics burst into the empire only after the huns pushed them onwards.
How the fuck would that work if they were that far north?

Attila landed paratroopers in Trondheim and opened up a second front against them in the north

You're ignoring archaeology entirely

Germanic expansion from the north is a well understood topic

>Germanic expansion from the north is a well understood topic

Well understood by nazi larpers aryan nordic atlantis in the ice wizard types.
The rest of us know that they came from the east, after being pushed onwards by other easterners.

Is this some kind of Polish wewuz again?

The germanic homeland isn't scandinavia like everybody on this thread is saying. It is Turkey. Germanic peoples come from Turkey.

oh I thought andals and atlantians were real peoples. I got BAITED

Debunked

While this migration happened, the language associated with it is unclear but definitely not IE. Maybe Basque, maybe not.

>anything I don't like is polish
?

germanic peoples came from their ancestors in turkey, no shit.
but where did the split happened between germans and the other groups

Its likely humans coming from the black sea region and a few from anatolia ended up in the regions around Denmark/North East Germany.

There the formative proto germanic "culture" and "identity" was congealed.

The migration period saw entire tribes move into western Europe. These germans were also joined by tribes from the black sea which were sorta german cousins.

That answer?

>These germans were also joined by tribes from the black sea which were sorta german cousins.

Alans?

I meant the Goths, perhaps the Alans as well but I dont know too much about them outside of video games.

>anatolian "theory"
HAHAHAHHAHAHAA

>poles
>wanting to be associated with krauts
???

The Himalayas

Also Germanic tribes already moved within the Roman empire prior to the migration period.

Goths originate in Gotland and Western Poland

>T*rkey
>T*rkey
>T*rkey
You've only lived in anatolia for less than 1000 years. No go spray yourself, emir.

shit map tbqh

Germanic groups expanded east before they got forced west by the huns you retard. Most people understand that they developed in Southern Scandinavia and Northern Germany after splitting off from the proto-Celts and Italics.

Who do you actually think the Suebi that Caesar fought in the Gallic wars were, user?

IIRC after coming into Europe (from around the black sea btw, not Anatolia) the Germanics split off from the Celtic and Italic peoples around the Carpathian basin.

Probably around Switzerland

Would it not be further north?

As a german i can testify that we were hand carved by Jesus Christ himself.
Can i get an amen?

>german
>germanic
Wishful thinking.

WE

Goths came from Gotland and migrated in all directions becoming the "Jutes" of Denmark, the "Geats" of Sweden with the ones migrating east landing in the baltic states before moving south into the Ukraine