Out of Europe

independent.co.uk/news/science/teeth-fossil-human-history-evolution-development-germany-rhine-mainz-archaeology-a8010506.html

>Archaeologists in Germany have discovered a 9.7 million-year-old set of fossilised teeth they say could trigger the “rewriting" of human history.
>The dental remains were found by scientists sifting through gravel and sand in a former bed of the Rhine river near the town of Eppelsheim.
>They resemble those belonging to “Lucy”, a 3.2 million-year-old skeleton of a human ancestor found in Ethiopia.

>Their characteristics resemble African finds that are four to five million years younger than the fossils excavated in Eppelsheim.
>"I don't want to over-dramatise it, but I would hypothesise that we shall have to start rewriting the history of mankind after today," he said.

ummmm

researchgate.net/publication/320518472_A_new_great_ape_with_startling_resemblances_to_African_members_of_the_hominin_tribe_excavated_from_the_Mid-Vallesian_Dinotheriensande_of_Eppelsheim_First_report_Hominoidea_Miocene_MN_9_Proto-Rhine_Riv

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170831134221.htm
phys.org/news/2017-05-scientists-million-year-old-pre-human-balkans.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominidae
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_L3_(mtDNA)
enca.com/technology/happy-350000th-birthday-humans-study-pushes-back-homo-sapiens-origins
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Out of africa refers to humans not great apes. This isnt even the first find like this. If you want to disprove out of africa you will need to find a human outside africa before any human fossils were found in africa.

how about a hominid?

This
OP at least try to understand material before making unsubstantiated claimes

Learn what out of Africa means

>autists

sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170831134221.htm

>Newly discovered human-like footprints from Crete may put the established narrative of early human evolution to the test. The footprints are approximately 5.7 million years old and were made at a time when previous research puts our ancestors in Africa -- with ape-like feet.

phys.org/news/2017-05-scientists-million-year-old-pre-human-balkans.html

>7.2-million-year-old pre-human remains in the Balkans
>"While great apes typically have two or three separate and diverging roots, the roots of Graecopithecus converge and are partially fused - a feature that is characteristic of modern humans, early humans and several pre-humans including Ardipithecus and Australopithecus", said Böhme.
>Graecopithecus is several hundred thousand years older than the oldest potential pre-human from Africa, the six to seven million year old Sahelanthropus from Chad

There's more than one Out of Africa theory you know.

Ok be pedantic, when people say the internet, they are talking about a specific one usually and its the same with this. Just because there are multiple internets doesnt mean I go around all day correcting people.

Whenever someone gets excited to disprove Out of Africa, its because they dont want their ancestors to have come from Africa so they are all referring to the one where you know humans came out of africa.

>If you want to disprove out of africa you will need to find a human outside africa before any human fossils were found in africa.
Like those found in Georgia (the country)?

So you're saying there was a an indefinite amount of OoA migrations across the ages. How does that affect the last one, though?

Notice the words "could" and "hypothesise""

How do I keep track of research on hominid evolution?

WIR
WESSEN
LITERAL FUCKING APES
who gives a shit?

These recent finds push back the time-frame of human development back millions and millions of years, and suggest a Mediterranean point of origin.

Those footprints they found in Crete are crazy, they have human features in a time when previously it was thought such features did not exist and 2,000,000 years before their earliest known African equivalent.

>The new footprints, from Trachilos in western Crete, have an unmistakably human-like form. This is especially true of the toes. The big toe is similar to our own in shape, size and position; it is also associated with a distinct 'ball' on the sole, which is never present in apes. The sole of the foot is proportionately shorter than in the Laetoli prints, but it has the same general form. In short, the shape of the Trachilos prints indicates unambiguously that they belong to an early hominin, somewhat more primitive than the Laetoli trackmaker.

This.

Also:
Any alternative explanation of human spread on the planet must explain the following observations:
>The earliest hominin fossils are from Africa
>Greater divisiveness within African genomes than Eurasian and Australian genomes.
>1-4% neanderthal genes in modern North African, European and Asian genomes.
>Absence of neanderthal genes in populations in South, West and East Africa.
>4-6% denisova genes in modern populations in Melanesia

This tooth finding does not even begin to prove anything, other that there is an "ape-like" tooth in Europe (if we conclude it is indeed from any simian (monkeys) lifeform at all. Likely it is from another form of primate.

Georgia is not a country, is a state dumbass

also the were no ape in america

Homo sapiens, SAPIENS, nigger

Wow, Africans are Europeans?

Let's not forget haplogroups that somehow perfectly trace human migrations.

Impossible, this leaves no room for Yakub.

Yeah. Think this is /thread for me.
See you guys around in other threads.

what the fuck are you talking about? Did the phrase hominin confuse you? Maybe the classical definition of hominid is more your style.

>The earliest hominin fossils are from Africa

Not any more.

>there is an "ape-like" tooth in Europe
it's not defined as "ape-like". The teeth resemble very closely those of "Lucy" or Australopithecus afarensis, except they are 5,000,000 years older.

>While the molar shares characters with various other taxa, the canine reveals intriguingly potential hominin affinities: its lingual outline is clearly diamond-shaped; its ratio of lingual height / mesiodistal length is within the range of Australopithecus afarensis, Ardipithecus ramidus, Ardipithecus kadabba, and females of Pan troglodytes. The relative size of the canine, i. e. the ratio of the buccal heights of C and M1, is similar to those of e.g. Dryopithecus sp., Ankarapithecus meteai but also Ardipithecus ramidus. Both, reduced size and shape of the canine likely indicate that the new species from Eppelsheim had lost a honing (C/p3) complex already ca. 9.7 Ma ago. From all information gathered up to now, the question arises, if the newly discovered Eppelsheim species may be related to members of the African hominin tribe.

lolling at your damage control

journals and shit, idk

It takes about six months to walk from Kenya to Greece.

your assumption relies on the subject having human-like feet.

given that those hominins were shorter than us, I'd wager it probably took them a little longer to walk from Greece to Kenya. Maybe seven and a half months give or take a couple million years here and there.

Ahem >human-like footprints

Maybe all the walking around, back and forth in the Sahara and the dry Mediterranean basis during the Messinian salinity crisis lead to the evolution of these so-called Human-like feet.

It would make perfect sense. Africa and Europe were not divided but one, indivisible entity.

>normies don't understand hominin evolution:the post

They said the same about Ramapithecus, you know.

>Likely it is from another form of planet.

Just misread. I need to stop it with all those scifi novels.

Lmfao how dumb are you?

Nice out-of-context quote.

'He' is the mayor of that small town. Sure no way he would over dramatize this find, right?

Who else /outofthemiddleeast/ here?

nice

I'd like to think the method has been refined somewhat since 1932. Too many finds for me to ignore.

I think it's been fairly well established that homo sapiens sapiens came out of Asia.

Unfortunately news sources have only gotten worse. Every time something even vaguely hominin-like is found any distance from Africa at any point in the past, the headlines boast "WE WUZ EUROS N SHIET!!!"

We had oreopithecus with supposed humanlike posture, anoiapithecus with a ln orthognathic face, and graecopithecus/ramapithecus with their teeth/jaws. This is no different than the last 20 claims.

Guaranteed replies

Lmfao.... I don't know if you guys are serious anymore of if you're just memeing.

Amerindian biological superiority.

>Multiregionalists however have discussed the fact that the average difference between the Feldhofer sequence and living humans is less than that found between chimpanzee subspecies,[78][79] and therefore that while Neanderthals were different subspecies, they were still human and part of the same lineage.

PRIME
NEANDERTHAL
GENES

hominid remains have been found all over africa and eurasia. to think homo sapiens walked out of some valley in ethiopia is laughable.

Why do people insist on talking about things they don't know anything about?

Surui are the real natives though, they are 4% pre-Amerindian.
Give America back to the Surui warrior.

>pre-Amerindian Amazonian megafauna
we have to go back

Anyone can fix the Veeky Forums so it is better visible?

someone add Veeky Forums

>Out of africa refers to humans not great apes.

No, the “out of Africa” theory postulates that _all_ hominids evolved in Africa in series and then moved out in the greater world, supplanting the hominids that came before them, who had also all evolved in Africa. It’s not limited to Homo Sapiens.

This is an illogical theory that came about in the 1960s and is clearly based on political correctness not sound science, whereas the earlier multi-regional theory not only makes sense but is now supported by genetic research.

The modern theory is a synthesis of recent OoA and shallow multiregional.

I think it's funny when the new LCA actually is millions of years older than the last one and on another continent.

What are you talking about?

This

You do know chimps and gorillas are hominids, too, right?

See this is exactly the thing I was talking about here. Taking the science and trying to sell the narrative as something It's not. I can't even get on the It's case that bad because I have seen legitimate MSM sites push the story with a similar headline

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominidae

>Several revisions in classifying the great apes have caused the use of the term "hominid" to vary over time. Its original meaning referred only to humans (Homo) and their closest non-extant relatives. That restrictive meaning has now been largely assumed by the term "hominin", which comprises all members of the human clade after the split from the chimpanzees (Pan).

> The current, 21st-century meaning of "hominid" includes all the great apes including humans. Usage still varies, however, and some scientists and laypersons still use "hominid" in the original restrictive sense; the scholarly literature generally shows the traditional usage until around the turn of the 21st century.[4]

stfu faggot

I don't see any austrolopitecus getting the hots for a mantis lady or a brown elf.

There were other ancient hominid populations besides homo sapiens. Homo sapiens came out of Africa and interbred and overtook these other hominids, putting them out of existence, kind of like the Spanish in Latin America. Leaving only homo sapiens left, though there are remnants of these other extinct hominids in the DNA of people's outside of Africa that interbred

all the best history threads pre-Veeky Forums were on Veeky Forums imo

Thanks for backing up what I said.

>changing the definitions of words so that shitty models can retain the image of validity
pls, as if "hominin" is any better

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say he means the Dmanisi people.

>implying it wasn't a heirloom going back to the homo habilis days that was passed down generation to generation for million of years
Some Neanderthal just walked around with his ancestor's tooth as part of a religious ritual dating back millions of years. It is the pre civ ark of the covenant.

>This is an illogical theory that came about in the 1960s and is clearly based on political correctness not sound science, whereas the earlier multi-regional theory not only makes sense but is now supported by genetic research.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_L3_(mtDNA)

We all came from India not africa.

WEW
E
W

>The exact place of origin of haplogroup L3 is uncertain.
>According to the Recent African origin of modern humans (Out-of-Africa) theory, the clade is believed to have arisen in Africa and dispersed from East Africa between 84,000 and 104,000 years ago.[1]
>L3 is common in Northeast Africa, in contrast to others parts of Africa where the haplogroups L1 and L2 represent two thirds of mtDNAs.[6][7] L3 sublineages are also frequent in the Arabian peninsula.

>L3 is the haplogroup from which all modern humans outside of Africa derive.[11]

Can someone shoop the pic so that the centerline is the Atlantic Ocean instead of the Pacific?

I've got this one

He's talking about Homo georgicus, which was actually a subspecies of Homo erectus.

Turns out Homo sapiens is native to either Southern or Northern Africa.

enca.com/technology/happy-350000th-birthday-humans-study-pushes-back-homo-sapiens-origins

It's HOMININS, not hominids, you stupid fuck. Hominids include all great apes, hominins are Homo, Pan, and any other bipedal proto-human around.

But they're just a primitive subspecies of Homo erectus, and they aren't even the oldest finds of that species either.

People who spout nonsense like "the LCA being millions of year older," probably aren't going to get any details right.

They're the kind of guys who love pushing the goal back.

Why?

It's from Siberia

>Georgia is not a country, is a state dumbass
kek
surely you're not serious...

He probably is. This is Veeky Forums after all.

>It's from Siberia