Historically, have pirates or ninjas had the edge in warfare?

Historically, have pirates or ninjas had the edge in warfare?

Ninjas. Pirates would see little actual combat, mostly just taking merchant ships that surrendered immediately

are you eight years old?

Are you kidding me. Ninjas would win (like Naruto) they have special jutsus of immense power than can destroy pirates

>ad hominem respond to my serious question

I know a makeshift army that included Jean Lafitte and was led by Andrew Jackson beat a much larger and more professional British army at the Battle of New Orleans

I agreed that ninjas were better though, did you not read my reply?

get

so close

Damn

More like eighty. Holy ancient meme, Batman!

Let`s try to change this to a more historical thread. So can we declare the Netherlands Empire the pirates of Europe

Who'd be the ninjas of Europe then?

The Opium wars

Pirates are just sea-thieves. Hollywood really dolls up what their lives were like.

The Spanish

I saw a youtube video saying all Ninjas werent martial artists, but spies. So I guess an average pirate could defeat an average ninja.

Unless the ninjas are spying the pirates

>trained warriors or sailors
GEE I WONDER

>mfw MCU Netflix had zombie-ninja-pirates as the main villains

>but made them SUCK

They weren't modern pirates in past times.

They were a large subset of the European oceanic population. They set up states of their own. There was a significant overlap with whalers, naval forces, merchants, and all kinds of coastal or sea people.

I'd have to cast my vote for the pirate if we're talking about just a straight forward 1v1. Ninjas really weren't trained for combat iirc because they were primarily spies and assassins and the like. Most of their skills were related to sneaking around and being undetected instead of being a superior warrior. While the average pirate would have had little to no training/experience in combat, they had a significant technological advantage in regards to the use of black powder weapons and their simple hack-and-slash fighting style was pretty effective despite being shockingly crude. The question is kinda flawed in that neither option was really all that good at fighting though. It's like asking whether a Ford Focus is better at off-roading than a Toyota Echo.

what was the show called?

But what if the pirates are pirating ninjas?

Pirating was huge in east Asia. Japanese were notorious but I believe it was Chinese pirates who were the biggest threat in the region. Some ninjas in Japan could have been used to counter piracy. Some pirates could have been ninjas. The answer I can give will never be definitive, though, as I have never witnessed nor read of such interactions. I simply understand the two existed simultaneously on a historical timeline. The stories are pure conjecture.

As for an edge in warfare... pirates have never been used in warfare. Privateers, paid mercenaries, were used quite often between the French and the British in multiple wars. After the wars many privateers would turn to piracy as their work had dried up. This was a huge problem for the British who had to hunt a large number of pirates, once on the British payroll, who were raiding trade lanes. Pirates are not things of war by are the byproduct of it. As for ninjas, they have been used quite often and effectively in Japan as spy's and saboteurs during the myriad wars of the different Shogun. I know little on their origin though. Ninjas are not solely used for war as the Tokugawa used them quite often and to keep tabs on their vassals.

you wouldnt download a galleon

Pirate, what does a spy have to do with combat?

Pirates have guns, which is major advantage but in hand-to-hand melee combat, ninjas would have the advantage.

what year is it

No they would not, Ninjas werent martial artists by definion! Most of them focused on intelligence gathering. Rubbing shoulders, gambling, that kind of stuff.