What did the average Roman looked like before barbarian invasions?

What did the average Roman looked like before barbarian invasions?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italo-Celtic
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etruscan_civilization
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not like pic related, that's for sure.

The same way they looked after the barbarian invasions and the same way they look now.
The barbarian invasions had no influence.

The only group that changed Italian demographics (pre-21st century, I guess) were Greek settlers in Sicily, long before the Romans. But then, Sicily was always considered part of Greek. Archimedes tends to be considered a Greek genius, not an Italian one.

Shit tier bait thread l

Spot the shitalian.

Like modern day Italians I'd wager.

>oxidized brass
desu they look like average 56% "white" Americans

>oxidized brass
That's gold leaf encased in glass.

The hue and saturation aren't that relevant, especially considering the images are mostly monochromatic anyway. A greyscale version gives just as good of an idea of what they looked like.

You can't tell anything about them by either of those images, other than the shape of their faces.

Okay.

I love the way Dresden burned, so pretty.

Pls sate my curiosity: have you really never heard about Luigi Luca Cavalli-Sforza and his studies, in spite of how often they get posted here, /int/ and /pol/, or are you just trolling?

Like this

Metatron is a Sicilian, so he's basically a nigger

True Roman nobility had blue eyes and blonde hair

Wrong

>it's always shitskin-looking italians that we wuz about rome the most
Really makes you(me) think.

Fine, show proofs. Hard mode:
>reliable source
>no renaissance interpretation paintings
>evidence that majority of Roman Emperors being blonde and/or light skinned
The fact is, that you weren't born anywhere near Rome or Greece and you can't accept the fact that your ancestors were deemed as barbarians. The Greeks called you Celts and Germanics, "the tall ones". And blonde hair/blue eyes was a rare trait of beauty in Rome/Greece. Also fuck off back to /pol/ autistic barbarian.

Pic related, fresco from ancient greece, tyrins

Look at the shitskin butthurt. Roman elite looked like modern-day North Italians. There is no need to get upsety, you swarthoid. Germanics had no impact on North Italians, they're the same as they were during Roman times.
So they were red according to you?

Mycenaeans

>Germanics had no impact on North Italians
>what are Austrians
South Tyrol literally speaks German
>HURRR DURR 1488 MAGA /POL/ PRAISE KEK AMIRITE
Where are the proofs faggot?

Why are you still butthurt? Perhaps you look like Terrones are funny. Just because you're shitskins doesn't mean all Italians are.

of course "white Americans" are descendants of Roman serfs

Post proofs mate. Instead of LARPing. Why do you think the Romans were pale?

>Why do you think the Romans were pale?
Are you fucking retarded?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italo-Celtic
What were they? Africans?

I am so fucking sick of this skin color autism I hope you all fucking die

Yup

South Italians are basically North Africans, except they're more swarthy.

>byzantine greek shitskin
>roman

>Italo-Celtic
>A language group composed of two Indo-European branches. The celts continued to migrate west and North.
Pic related, they weren't anywhere near Rome, only in the "Germanic" parts of Italy, as previously mentioned for example, South Tyrol.
>Retard en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etruscan_civilization

Constantine was Illyrian-Greek, and ruled Rome. Now back to /pol/ nigger

South Tyrol is not Italian. It is an Austrian territory they annexed on WWI.

And yet, they are the prime example of white, North Italians. Yu ar the butthurt now mein friend

pigmentation is a completely secondary racial feature

South Tyrol is a small province, as far as I know.

This is Francesco Totti. He is not from that province. He is a Roman.

There is no real conceivable genetic difference between Northern and Southern Italians.

This is the Italian football team.

inside European variation, there definitely is, to the point that almost all studies about European genetics included separate samples from north and south Italy

This is De Rossi. Another Roman.

He doesn't look different from the guys in the statues.

Rome had more territory in Africa than Northern Europe

Lmao
This is a 100% pure blood Italian kang, that doesm't look any different from the statues

Nigger, ITALO-celtic. As in, the fucking italics, which the latins (and consequently the romans) were part of.
That map you posted is about the celts, a SUBGROUP of the italo-celtics.

don't see how that is in any way relevant to my post, north Italy is different from the south due to prehistoric/preRoman reasons, the former has more continental input(Yamnaya+WHG) and less west asian/near east input, while the latter is the opposite and likely got bronze age input from Anatolia

>Roman was black

Pigmentation is more important than facial proportions.

? North Africa was never black

said not a single anthropologist ever

Not between north and south as the cultural borders are drawn, but there is a measurable difference between the deep south plus Sicily and the rest of the country.

>celtics are a subgroup of Italo celtics
Italo-Celtic isn't a race either. But thanks for the laugh

>Marcus Aurelius
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WEWUZ KANG NIGGA

He was being sarcastic, faggot.

How do you think Marcus Aurelius looked? We do have statues of him, you know?

He was probably blonde and blue eyed. But that doesn't justify the fact that your filename of some potatonigger in colour is "Marcus Aurelius" hahahahhaha. Like I said, blonde hair and blue eyes were a rare feature of beauty, not the norm.

sup you Dominican nigger.

Romans looked like Deal with it, shitskin boy.

You're an idiot. The genes for blondism exists only in white people and a tiny group of Melanesians, meanwhile things like thin lips or prominent nose aren't exclusive to a single race.
>not a single anthropologist
Physantro is not considered scientific for a reason.

Of course it isn't a race, you moron. What has race to do with what we're talking about?
You were denying that italo-celtic languages speakers settled Italy based on a map showing the diffusion of the celtic branch of italo-celtic languages, which is moronic in light of the fact you just posted a pic asserting that the italics (map related, their diffusion in the peninsula) are part of the group you denied them to be.
Can't you even follow the thread of your own reasoning?

>when T*rrones claim they were Romans near me

>potatonigger

That is an Italian footballer

Why are new worlders so obsessed with skin color?

he's probably a celt from northern italy(gaul) and not descended from the romans.

Listen to this faggot. You wanted to prove that Romans weren't pale, so you posted a link to the Italo-Celtic wiki. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, explaining that the Celts themselves, before forming the Italo-Celtic linguistic group with the native Italians, never went near Rome. You insisted on your Autism and said they succeeded them and migrated to Rome, which is where I stated that Italo-Celtic isn't even a genetic race, but a language mix that was adopted, not genetically inherited you fucking mong.
See

Just some ass-mad south american wewuzzers

Were pale*

This. A bunch of Dominicans and Argies going WE WUZ ROMANS AND SHIET

One drop rule has corrupted the American view on heritage.

You really need to go back

>the Celts themselves, before forming the Italo-Celtic linguistic group with the native Italians
The fuck? The italics and celtics branched OUT of the italo-celtic linguistic group, they didn't form it by mixing up.

The natives didn't speak Italian, Jesus fuck they spoke other languages before the Celts were even there.

Wrong. There's less than 9% more "germanic" admixture in Northern Italians vs Southern Italians as whole. You have no idea what you are talking about.

The natives? Are you talking about pre-IE populations? Because the italics spoke (surprise!) ITALIC LANGUAGES.
What have pre-IE populations of which we know barely anything to do with this discussion anyway.

>You have no idea what you are talking about.
the irony is killing me, guess you'll have to explain to me why pretty much every single damn study on European includes a Bergamo sample vs Sicilian samples, or why even a simple fucking PCA clearly show strong genetic differentiation between the north and the south

Sicilians aren't Southern Italians.

This is how average Roman woman looked like.

I mean fuckign christ, even Cavalli Sforza himself, one of the founders of population genetics, noticed a gradient of differentiation in Italy back in the day

even looking at uniparental markers would show you a major different

they cluster with them

Here's the link I sent in the first post, faggot.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etruscan_civilization
Your out of snowkang land theory is gay, you will never be Roman no matter how hard you wewuz

Oh good lord, are you honestly so ignorant you're trying to imply that Rome had etruscan ORIGINS? Jesus fucking Christ.

Truth hurts.
>a bunch of Romans romanizes the natives in Iberia
>said romanized natives mix with the Moors and Sephardic Jews later on
>said mixture migrates to the New World and mixes with native Americans and blacks
>their descendants literally claim to be Roman centuries later
peak wewuzery

The Etruscans were absorbed by Rome. Are you so ignorant as to imply that Rome was fucking Celtic? Or an even more retarded claim, that Rome was solely derived from a single ethnic group and not a bunch, some of which included the odd blonde population? Rome was Rome faggot, it had a majority swarthy indigenous population. Blonde, tall and pale people were described as barbarians. What more proof do you need to show you that you aren't a descendant of some Roman Emperor, you sad faggot.

Where do Iberians and Americans come into this fucking concersation. Look at your average Italian.

what?
are you blind?

what?ยก
im just seeing this thread now, i havent made any comments
but latins werent pale skinned with blonde hair

he comes from lombards or other germanic tribes
that pig doesnt look like pompeii, sorry germanic, latins werent like you, deal with it

what is germanic invasion, retard?
why any of roman portraits have blonde hair then?

>literal bust of one of the most prominent Roman patricians in history
>germanic
you just give yourself away too easily, your shitposting is of rather low quality

dude, i always use a name, that isnt me

It's always Latin Americans who LARP as Roman the hardest. They unironically think their nigger genes are "Mediterranean".

>GettyImages-621188106-1160x772.jpg
Wow, sweety Europeans of near future.

your pic related to doesnt match either

there isnt any portrait/mosaic with a blonde haired/light eyed people, why?

You're on that picture.

Im from Torino

there's even Etruscan paintings depicting people of mixed light/dark type

Something like pic related: A somewhat mixed Nordic.

lol, those are haitians, you guys are very funny, i like this board a lot

if you even bother to read you will see those are females as they copied from egyptians and painted females with light hair and eyes, look it up