Why wern't they colonized?

Why wern't they colonized?

Colonizers feared the tranny warrior

I colonise it every summer holiday

*doesn't be isolationist*

Their powerful, masculine royalty

They were a good buffer zone between france and britain.

Britcucks in Burma and Frenchfaggots in Indochina don't wanna fuck each other up so they just let Tranny Land be.

This (joking)
This (reality)

Because traps are gay.

Because Rama V was that nigger. I mean the Rama's before him did big things in expanding Siam. Bringing the Lanna Kingdom from Burma (Modern Chiang Mai), bringing in what is now Southern Thailand (was part of Malaysia), and Isaan (was part of Laos). Also, Western Cambodia, to include Angkor Wat, was part of Thaialnd/Siam.

The British and the French rather than have their borders touch, as they started colonizing Asia, used Thailand as like a neutral zone, a buffer between them. Later on the French was like fuck that, England we should just split that shit. Rama V politicked with the UK about how that would be a bad idea, and an independent Thailand was in the UK's best interest. French was still able to deebo Thailand for what is now the Western half of Cambodia, but Thailand remained independent. Rama V did a bunch of other stuff to bring Siam/Thailand into the modern world.

Side note, Thailand getting cost with the UK is why they are one of only handful of countries to drive on the left hand side of the road.

They played the colonial powers against each other pretty well.

France couldn't take them without Britain losing out on some deals, and vice versa.

>This (reality)
How it started, but the French eventually want to carve up Thailand, too.

This is now a Thailand General History thread. Later on I will drop some old photos from Chiang Mai and Pattaya. As old as the 30s

Insanity. LIKING traps is gay. Traps themselves can be anything.

>want
wanted

This!
If the Americans fought on Napoleons side in 1812, and he accepted the Frankfurt proposals, then he certainly would have had Thailand.

Beck, the Brita might even give him Jamaica too!

>they never got thailand......

They did eventually carve up Thailand, nowadays the carved up territory is called Laos

Underrated post

Wrong, Laos was a separate Kingdom, and Thailand in fact took the Isaan Region from Laos. I mentioned it hereIt was Western Cambodia, that was Eastern Thailand, that the French carved out. Angkor Wat and all of that was part of Thailand/Siam.

kek

>having this jpg on yourt hard-drive will unironically get you arrested in Thailand

>was still able to deebo Thailand
>deebo

I've never seen anyone use this word in text. I fucking applaud you sir.

>This is now a Thailand General History thread. Later on I will drop some old photos from Chiang Mai and Pattaya. As old as the 30s

Mostly this. And also there's absolutely nothing valuable to do in this peninsula. At that time it was just about having a port and some diplomatic prestige.

they are now tho and in a worst way possible

oh the irony

what?

It's eternally been as inhospitable to any kind of governance in the same way Afghanistan region has been

I have 3 more Chiang Mai pics, but they involve topless women, like old black and white Nat Geo style. I don't know the rules on that

Someone said it was cool in another post

Last for old Chiang Mai

^^^ I imagine these are okay, if Facebook even allows them

Classic Pattaya, as this is modern Thailand, though more 25 years old. Nothing too crazy.

>CHALKD

Rumor has it that he has HIV