Was this guy real?

Or is it some kind of afrocentric legend?

No

>any african accomplishment is afrocentrism

Of course he was real

>any african accomplishment is afrocentrism
Correct

Where did his wealth come from? was he terrible or good to his people? did he left any buildings?

He sold niggers to slavery for gold. Today the descendants of said sold niggers celebrate him as a hero.

>Where did his wealth come from?
Gold mines
>was he terrible or good to his people?
By all accounts he was very kind and charitable
>did he left any buildings?
Yes, many.

>He sold niggers to slavery for gold. Today the descendants of said sold niggers celebrate him as a hero.
Musa lived around 300 years before the African slave trade even started

Manna Musa always reminds me of those Negroid athletes who retire after making millions in the NFL or NBA then end up going bankrupt after they buy twenty cars and open up wig shops and restaurants in their home town.

Limited cognitive ability + lack of impulse control + quick wealth = do no end well

>Musa lived around 300 years before the African slave trade even started
Africa slave trade existed for thousands of years before he was born you dumb fuck.

You know the first user meant the transatlantic slave trade because he referred to the "descendants of sold slaves today celebrating him as a hero", meaning American Afrocentrists likely. This trade didn't exist back then.

>do no end well
What did you mean by this? Musa died peacefully at the height of his realm's power. His relatives were retarded and quickly succumbed to dynastic infighting but Musa's reign definitely ended well.

He was real, we have both European and Arab records of his existence.

His kingdom was sitting on top of huge gold deposits. He gave freely, it's not like he was ever short for cash in his life. His palace is gone now, but we were left with a great mosque and a university which had the biggest library in Africa since the Library of Alexandria.

From the wiki:

The Arab-Egyptian scholar Al-Umari quotes Mansa Musa as follows:
"The ruler who preceded me did not believe that it was impossible to reach the extremity of the ocean that encircles the earth (the Atlantic Ocean). He wanted to reach that (end) and was determined to pursue his plan. So he equipped two hundred boats full of men, and many others full of gold, water and provisions sufficient for several years. He ordered the captain not to return until they had reached the other end of the ocean, or until he had exhausted the provisions and water. So they set out on their journey. They were absent for a long period, and, at last just one boat returned. When questioned the captain replied: 'O Prince, we navigated for a long period, until we saw in the midst of the ocean a great river which was flowing massively.. My boat was the last one; others were ahead of me, and they were drowned in the great whirlpool and never came out again. I sailed back to escape this current.' But the Sultan would not believe him. He ordered two thousand boats to be equipped for him and his men, and one thousand more for water and provisions. Then he conferred the regency on me for the term of his absence, and departed with his men, never to return nor to give a sign of life."

That would be a pretty cool death for a king, like something out of a fantasy book.

He was real, but the precise legend of him (that he had like tens of thousands of slaves carrying a couple pounds of gold each during his pilgrimage to Mecca and devalued the gold in Egypt from spending too much of it there ) and his alleged wealth are myths with little proof. Even if he was that wealthy, he must've hoarded his wealth and never used it until his pilgrimage as Ibn Battuta doesn't describe Timbuktu of a city that was impressive or grand, nor was there any abnormal infrastructure projects or any public monuments that could've been said had a bunch of wealth invested into it. So the question must be asked if Mansa Musa was really that rich, and it's likely that he was rich from goldmines there would also be a decent amount of other nobles of his land that were also pretty rich from their resources (although not necessarily near the same levels as him, but still, pretty wealthy if they were just a decent small fraction of his supposed wealth) , where did they put to use the money outside of the pilgrimage to Mecca? If they had such large surpluses, they would've likely imported far more stuff and have a bunch more novel artifacts than that they found, and it would've been documented by travelers.

then you know nothing about his reign

He's actually hated by the people of Mali for ruining the economy

>By all accounts he was very kind and charitable
The only accounts are people encountering him traveling through their towns on hajj. Of course he'd be charitable then.

Fuck off back to pol

He was real, his gold was due to a lack of trade which led to an accumulation of the precious substance by the elite who had the means to cross the desert.

Early fledgling trade is also why his father attempted to establish trade by sea and died in the attempt allowing Mansa Musa to take the throne.

People think racism is bad because its not nice, this is incorrect. Racism is bad because it clouds your thinking and ability to reason.

Wow are you American? Not everything is about you guys

he sold his people to arabs to be used as slaves. he also mined all the recourses from his land and sold it to the arabs. i dont suspect he made a good bureacracy so he was basically the one that kept the money

>Massah Musa

topkek

t. Amerishart

Tell me, how do the massive communities of black slave descendants in the Middle East feel about Mansa Musa?

"Waaaah!!!! *sobs*"
that's you

>devalue gold because you spend like a nigger

So like every famous coon?
family fighting for the gibz after they be dead

fuck off sjw

>*the screams of the ghosts of castrated slaves echo in the distance*

He was real

Yeah, he basically got rich by selling niggers to arabs

lmao this

>Of course he was real
prove it

Okay? So if he's charitable on hajj why wouldn't he be charitable the rest of the time?

t. I can only think in 'murrican

The transatlantic trade most certainly wasn't around under mansa musa. Iirc most black slaves bought by arabs were from east Africa

the richest spook in history made his wealth selling niglets

topkek