Alexander the '''''''great''''''''

>alexander the '''''''great''''''''
>marches his army into a fucking desert because he thinks it would be a nice detour on the way home

And people admire this guy?

Post Persia Alex was a dick who demanded everyone treat him like god

He did nothing wrong.
I too hate to go back the same way I came when I am taking a walk.

He was pretty autistic

How can I achieve this haircut?

You unlock it after defeating a Persian king and reaching the end of the known world

Does beating up my muslim immigrant neighbour outside of my apartment count?

Only if you marry his wife afterwards

Threadly reminder Alexander was a protofacist tool of the capitalist elite Greeks and threads like these normalize racist rhetoric on Veeky Forums

Great haircut and faithful wife just for walking outside of my aparatment and killing a roach? Okay, will update.

It's not racism, we're talking about culture. The Mede may become Hellenized if he only decides to improve himself.

*daughter(s)

>In 516 BCE, Darius embarked on a campaign to Central Asia, Aria and Bactria and then marched into Afghanistan to Taxila in modern-day Pakistan.
>Darius spent the winter of 516–515 BCE in Gandhara, preparing to conquer the Indus Valley.
>Darius conquered the lands surrounding the Indus River in 515 BCE.
>Darius I appointed the Greek Scylax of Caryanda to explore the Indian Ocean from the mouth of the Indus to Suez.
>Darius then marched through the Bolan Pass and returned through Arachosia and Drangiana back to Persia.
Alexander copied Darius the Great's Indian campaign to the letter, even dragging his army through Arachosia and Drangiana (Gedrosian desert). Too bad he wasn't as great as Darius the Great.

>muh six million Greeks found dead, crossing the desert
His soldiers openly disobeyed his orders and his punishment was 100% legitimate.

>ugh why would you want to go home after a decade and a continent away fucking cowards

DUDE BAZ "Fall of Numenor: Battle of Tardis (Audible sponsored)" BATTLES LMAO

>Ugh, fuck uniting the humankind under the God-Emperor and shit, I miss killing other Hellenes because muh polis wants to be the dominant one - I'm going home (with my Iranian wife btw :^))

this tbqh

>dude just keep going I'm sure we'll reach the edge of the world any day now

Baz Battles is alright in my book

What's wrong with Baz battles, nerd?

Pic related you infidel dog

He could have easily filled the same niche as Chandragupta, then on to China to fill Qin's niche and back to Greece in his old age to fill the same niche as the Romans. Finally, nearing his 80s, he would embark on a voyage across the Atlantic to say hi to the preclassical Mayans and induct them into the fold, perhaps by helping them deal with the Tikal.

The unified empire guided by his benevolent principles would accelerate progress, we'd be in the industrial revolution a few centuries later and there would be no degeneracy, reason and well rounded philosophy would be the norm. People would just live out their lives accomplishing things, advancing science, devoting themselves to and enjoying the arts.

more like
the greek may become persianized.

t. greek faggot

He had his bad moments.

>Implying numbers matter in a narrow valley
>Implying "heavy" loses aren't relative to the Persian numbers
>Implying assaulting always takes considerable loses compared to defending
>Result: Macedonian victory
>Territorial changes: Alexander consolidates control of half of Persia, capturing its dynastic center
Are you retarded, user? Alexandros utterly blown them the fuck out, and one less impressive victory still doesn't overrule how badly (F)ersians got beaten

The soldiers did him a service, if he kept going he would've been fucked by logistics and Chinks breeding like roaches, this way he's still undefeated.
>guy turns a Teutoburg into victory
>doesn't even lose that many men
>b-but he should've solo'd them all with one hand tied behind his back

Ungrateful Persian shits

wash with olive oil and let it ride in the wind of the middle eastern desert for a few hours

He was literally a mommy's boy

spbp

Parmenion did nothing wrong

>raise shitty ingrate son
>nothing wrong
but user, you're wrong.

Alexander was a homosexual who killed his friend in an autistic rage that saved his life at a key battle in his conquests and then proceeded to get BTFO by 150cm tall curry niggers and marching his army through deadly terrain just because he was an asshole like that.

>get BTFO by 150cm tall curry niggers
Streetshitter propaganda. Porus was rekt, but Alex was a bro and let him live.

I didn't imply anything like that, my memeing friend.

wasn't his mom an evil witch?
at least in the pseudo-anime she was