So... lets talk about this coin folks. Here's my honest take on it

So... lets talk about this coin folks. Here's my honest take on it.

Trends:

- In response to BTC's rapid growth, governments across the world are creating blockchain analysis tools for coins such as btc; defeating one of its most primary strenghts - privacy. In turn, this will create a larger run into privacy coins such as cloakcoin, monero, verge, etc.

- Crypto's are all over the news nowadays. Now that normies and soccermoms are picking up on this, it will create a new generation of crypto investors. A large portion of them will try to play out the old "bought btc for a few cents" meme and will thus look for relatively cheap coins - thus functioning as a sort of nitro-boost, when this coin goes green, it goes green bigtime.

Selling points:

- very fast currency.
- wraith protocol ensures that both parties involved in a transaction are totally obfuscated.
- Experienced dev team; started out with Dogecoin dark but eventually dropped that project for something more serious.
- very active and vocal community (needed for adaptation)
- will enter new exchanges soon.
- fast development cycles (many new wallets created recently)
- low downside risk, very high upside potential. (doesnt require a shitload of USD to make some decent profits at this current stage)
- Solid blackpaper with good stuff on the horizon
- Has apparently gained the interest of some bigtime players in the privacy field, such as John McAfee - who is in the process of developing a privacy focussed smartphone.

Cons:

- has a high marketcap.
- Lots of margin trading going on, creating a somewhat tough resistance at these price levels.

Considering these things, i think it would be a smart move to invest a few hundred USD and putting it in a hardware wallet for one or two years. Agree, disagree?

im in this one pretty hard

>invest a few hundred USD and putting it in a hardware wallet for one or two years
already done
I have a bunch and can absolutely sit on these bags for a long while
I will play with other stuff in the mean time

well for what it's worth, i just bough a 100K for about 550 USD. Feels good. Time will tell what it will do eh.

btw... why would McAfee experience difficulties aquiring verge? Any thoughs on it? Pic related.

He's a wanted criminal in US and that is where the exchanges are that hold XVG

IMHO the market cap isn't a con. From what I gather they intend for this coin to be normie friendly, to be used for tipping on twitter, discord etc. Wouldn't you rather be tipped in whole numbers than get a micro amount of a coin?

can you please post coin supply over time/inflation rate/links to info

cons: Devs talk like retards

"Ummm... wow. Just... wow. In short, sir, you are the exception to the rule. I’ve heard about some issues (there are always technical issues with any product), but yours takes the cake. Your story reminds me of the one-star reviews on Amazon for products that are “Amazon’s Choice,” and the #1 seller in their category, because they got the 0.001% of the units that were defective.

Whatever the case, I’m sincerely sorry about what you went through. It sounds like you don’t have any current issues, but please correct me if I’m wrong?

We have new core wallets being released soon, but I don’t know how long ago this transpired.

About failed stop orders, I hope you know that has absolutely, positively NOTHING to do with Verge.

The insane amount of time you waited for support at any exchange has absolutely, positively NOTHING to do with Verge.

The Verge Team has no influence over the quality of service you received at any exchange, period.

I think all of your issues that DO have something to do with the Verge have been solved. However, since new core wallets will be released soon, let’s wait until they are officially released, and after that I will offer to work with you personally, 1:1 until you are absolutely satisfied.

The customer is always right, and YOU are the customer, after all.

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire

Verge Core Marketing Team"

Guy he was responding to was complaining about how fucked Poloniex is.

too much coin supply

I got 4000 Verge. Should be a long hold. I mean pretty long. I generally believe in McAfee and hope it'll be worth something.

Save me a lambo bro

>Replying to himself
>Making it
Choose one.

unironically bought 100k today

should i buy more?

i just hope it drops to ~100 again

Need the rundown on wraith protocol

just put buy orders at 130, 120, and 110

Read between the lines.

He wants it available on more exchanges.

Supposedly will allow for use of a separate invisible ledger and also add further protections the the public ledger.

I traded for a while, built up a stack but now im long for 10% of portfolio at 150 sats. This coin has been good to me but if i asked myself what coin i would have thats not top 10 and i could only have one then verge. It has a fucking android wallet, thats rare as fuck in crypto but becoming more common in fairness.

Anyways yeah im holding for 5 years ez if thats what it takes.

This coin is dash+monero with better privacy

> This coin is Dash plus Monero with even better privacy

This is the best description of Verge I have seen. It gets me so very hot and bothered.

>Solid black-paper

their white paper (i know what they called it, fuck them) is horseshit.

>wraith protocol ensures that both parties involved in a transaction are totally obfuscated

who gives a fuck. once you transact with a party, they can see your entire history on the chain. Even then, They've even admitted it only works with the correct wallet.

>Experienced dev team

You mean open source donation-funded dev team. The kind of Dev team that gets poached by big money the moment shit gets serious. The kind of Dev team that grinds for a couple years before fizzling out to work elsewhere and becomes a revolving door of short-taskers and contract workers.

why do people think of Monero's opaque block-chain as a downside? That's literally the single most attractive thing about it.

Don't call sour grapes on me, this shit hasn't come even close to mooning. I'm just seriously wondering why people like this coin.

When is the Wraith protocol planned to release?

End of September.

>separate invisible ledger
Do you mean a "sidechain"
kek so it is a scam

Did you expect doge coin running over tor to be not a scam? Go read their white paper, it's retarded

>Did you expect doge coin running over tor to be not a scam?
I expected it was and I see that it is.

>has a high marketcap

Is this that much of a con tho?

It will make its mooning harder but for people who want to use verge as a private storage of wealth (kind of like a bank in the Cayman Islands) volatility is a major problem.

>too much coin supply
there can be only 16,555 millionaires on verge to to max coin cap of 16,555,000,000.

I heard about this a long time ago, it was just tor and garbage. What about this wriath shit means anything or makes it better?

Monero seems better.

>people who want to use verge as a private storage of wealth (kind of like a bank in the Cayman Islands) volatility is a major problem.
thats adorable

thankfully Monero exists

>thankfully Monero exists
you stupid niggers keep arguing whose currency is best
truth is there is a market for multiple private cryptos
some people feel certain coins do better than others
we are in new generation
we now have top 25 coins that will rule market in years time

lol, it's like another IOTA dev fiasco. any coins with non-retarded devs?

Still, I'm pretty bullish on it.

Devs are idiots, especially lead dev, who is like unprofessional beyond means. Just read through bitcointalk forum. My posts got deleted when I stated in a normal manner that there are few people who hold immense amounts of XVG, just ready to manipulate and drop the price whenever they feel like it.

Stay away from this undeserving overhyped shitcoin.