Why?

>muh Alsace Lorraine

They are neighbours

>english zone

>soviets
>British
>Americans
>French
One of these surrendered early in the war and therefore did not win.
Why would they get a say in anything that happened afterwards?

De Gaulle begged for an occupation zone. He managed to get Churchill force Stalin, Roosevelt and Eisenhower to allow France some free gibs

sad shit man. even the canadians or australians would have been more deserving of an occupation zone.

Notice anything?

One of them also fought alongside Nazi Germany.

Do you seriously think it was possible to convince someone as stubborn as Churchill to FORCE the literal masters of the world to do anything, let alone share their loot, just to please De Gaulle?
France fought the nazis from the very beginning to the end, that's why they're on this map and why the other 3 agreed. Hell even Poland should be in, but they got Stalin'd.

Poland got to keep the East German territories forever.

>Allies 1945: "shucks how are we going to convince the USSR we should own all this land in Germany, aw heck let's bring France into the fold as this pretend third-party country"
>1945 USSR: "shucks I need me better relations with the West, and this de Gaulle guy is dope, coming all the way to Moscow to meet me! He ain't taking shit from Roosevelt :3. Besides, there's like a 50% chance the communists will revolt and win over the country, isn' t there?"
>1945 France "je finirai l'oeuvre de Napoléon en détruisant le vil Habsbourg"

So it was a compromise that all worked out. The Allies underestimated commies in France, and the USSR underestimated Christian-democrats in France.

Because you were sacrificed so that the Brits could fight until the end and "win"? In a team game, you likely won't be right to blame the supports.

Just a ploy to give the West more power in negotiations and solidify a capitalist Franco-Anglo-American power bloc. It didn't work amazingly as Stalin didn't take France or their claim of victory very seriously and de Gaulle was fairly anti-Atlanticist, but it was probably a better move than not as France wouldn't have taken being a "junior" role in an alliance too kindly and they still maintained good relations with the US and UK.

>poland got stalin'd

more like anglo'd

>Anglo'd
>France also did nothing despite making the same ultimatum

Hmmm really milked my almonds friend

Canada probably would have gotten to occupy the Netherlands if there'd been any need to. There weren't really any Canadian troops in Germany proper

ahahah perfect first post.

That is just south german master race

They only got them because the Russians took east Poland.

They were there for moral support

Denazification programm, thats why

Participant award

fpbp

participation award

also the french wanted to annex land, because they're crazy and cut from the same cloth as the german

The legit answer is that Churchill wanted France to be a great power so that it wouldn't be just the UK facing off against the much larger Soviet Union over Europe if the US stayed on its own continent. This is why France is also on the UN security council and also why the West rearmed the FRG but not the Japs even though the latter did far less damage in WWII. Simply put as soon as WWII ends the Cold War begins and the west was shit scared of the Soviet steamroller so begins to build buffer states and get its core nations up to full strength again.
People often say that WWI and WWII are the same war but the same argument could be made for WWII and the Cold War, the 20th century was effectively just one big war to decide the ideological principles of the postmodern world.

>Do you seriously think it was possible to convince someone as stubborn as Churchill to FORCE the literal masters of the world to do anything, let alone share their loot, just to please De Gaulle?

Yes. De Gaulle's relationship with Churchill was fucking wierd. For example. when the British had to occupy French Syria and Lebanon during WW2, De Gaulle threatened to declare war on Britain if they didn't back down. Shockingly, Churchill chose to forgive him even though he could have easily cut off the Free French Army's supplies since it was insignificant back then.

Chirchill about de Gaulle before D-Day:
>Put de Gaulle on a plane and send him back to Algiers – in chains if necessary. He must not be al lowed to re-enter France

>Si vous m'obstaclerez, je vous liquiderez(If you interfere with me, I will get rid of you)

And yet de Gaulle managed to take control of Churchill and force Winston to make a decision which would benefit Charles.

bir hakeim

the A*glo fears the French Waarrior

FACT: French are THE most powerful race in the world

And de gaulle was well known for leaking plans so he was only invited to meetings to be fed lies for him to repeat to people

It might not have mattered much to the guys who took the decision, but...
>217000 dead soldiers
>350000 dead civilians

I am under the impression that Churchill was fucking weird.

That was because the Zionist spirit who overtook his body had to constantly battle his real personality for control

>Alsace