Why didn't the cultural revolution have any effect on "traditional Chinese medicine" (TCM)?

Why didn't the cultural revolution have any effect on "traditional Chinese medicine" (TCM)?

Of course TCM doesn't make chinks soulless - they are born that way - but it does make them incredibly cruel. They literally keep bears in tiny cages (read up on battery bears) to farm the bile they produce from distress, kill off endangered species to eat their penises for virility, starve tigers to death to make wine from their bones (the more the animal suffers the stronger the 'medicine' i.e. chink magic is), and more.

100% of Chinese still believe in TCM after the cultural revolution. If there was one thing that needed to be wiped off the face of the Earth by the cultural revolution it was TCM. Why did they fail? Did they even try to destroy it?

Some more examples.

Final one. Bears I was talking about.

I guess its because cultural revolution was more focused on political and hierarchical form of culture, so things like sense of elderly respects, morality, and high culture are gone but more everyday stuffs like food and medicine remains the same

Ostensibly, it was about "the four olds." i.e. traditional wars of thinking.

But really it was a political purge. Some temples, sites, and cultural heritage did get damaged, but you're more in trouble for your political ideas rather than your cultural traditions.

Which is why the Forbidden City- the ultimate symbol of Imperial Tradition in China- is still there, and Chinks still celebrate traditional holidays.

>incredibly
Nothing they do is particularly more cruel than industrial animal farming.

As many have said, the CR was just a political excuse by Mao to rid unwanted people.

Kinda like a less than lethal version of Pol Pot's Khmer rouge: many intellectuals got arrested, some died in the gulags, but most just got """reeducated""" and were released afterwards.

Since Deng Xiaoping is one of those sent to the reeducation farms, it clearly didn't work.

UMA

>Why did the Sexual Revolution destroy "Traditional Western Christianity Values" (TWCV)?
>Of course TWCV doesn't make Gweilos degenerates - they are born that way - but it did make them less degenerated. But now they literally genocide their own race by feeding their 3-year-old toddlers estrogen and encourage them castrates themselves; systematically promoting muh sexual revolution, fluid genders, faggot marriage, incest marriage, furry, lgbt degeneracy and all kinds of dysgenic degeneracy worldwide, and forcing everybody accept their filthy, disgusting, degenerated propaganda. (The more perverted they act, the more enthusiastic they are; the more people feel repulsive, the more exciting they become)
>100% of libercucked Gweilos still believe in Sexual Revolution after other people witness their 1086+ genders insanity and degeneracy. If there was one thing that needed to be wiped off the face of the Earth by TWCV it was Sexual Revolution. Why did they fail? Did they even try to stop it?

Fixed all that for you, try harder, faggot.

>waaah why are people gay
>muh 6 gorillion genders tumblr strawman
what the fuck are you on about mate

>two wrongs make a right

go home wang

It's the whole traditional medicine what keeps me form relating with the chinese, it just boggles my mind, really.

nice whataboutism

This

Well 200 years ago we still had European aristocracy brewing chunks of mummy in tea for alleged health benefits, so it's not like it's something unexpected. The real question is, why is this shit still going on, even increasing even as the Chinese populace becomes more networked with the rest of the world? I don't think it can be compared to America's flirtations with homeopathic and new age "medicine" because there's not really a deeply established medical culture for them to turn away from. It seems like modernization is just making their worldview more primitive.

>whataboutism

>unable to read past the first sentence

It could be that the rising Chinese middle class is just making these exotic traditional medicines more accessible to the average Chinaman, and the growth of such a class is outstripping the education that'd reduce the tendency to buy into that crap.

China still doesn't have that great of a health care system heck people in the more rural parts of the country still have to pay out of pocket for a primary education. Shithole post Soviet eastern european countries have more comprehensible education and health care systems than China does in current year.

This, but Americans are actually stupider then the cattle they slaughter en masse.

>muh bears! muh KYOTE!

the only thing an American cares about, something to shitpost over his instaCunt feed.

>The real question is, why is this shit still going on
Most of China is still poor and rural, and even in urban areas access the healthcare is complete shit. During the cultural revolution, Mao tried to make healthcare more widespread with the barefoot doctor program; their training included stuff on TCM as an alternative in case no real medicine was accessible, and it turned out that was usually the case. And still is.

If as many people in the western world had similar access to health care, we'd all be brewing tinctures of cow dung and using homeopathy, too.

Except it explicitly is.

Are the Chinese not down with homosexuality? I only ever hear about America and Russia when it comes to LGBT stuff

>why

Because the CPC didn't target medicine. Instead, like with the Soviets and Lysenkoism, they simply attempted to shoehorn their traditional pseudoscience into the modern western scientific method.

It didn't work out. It would be like attempting to shoehorn humoralism and the alchemical cabinet into modern European medical practices. Young people would look at what the West was doing and old people would continue to do things the way they've always done.

>100% of Chinese still believe in TCM

Because the affect of the Cultural Revolution is vastly overstated

Nope. Incoming arguments from intelligence that don't quantify with scientific fact, drawing lines in the sand, all animals deserve to suffer because MUH STOMACH and other typical triggered "I get mad when I see a vegan out of impulse" defense mechanism one liners.

Why did the Brits and Burgers stop the Nips in China?

Look at all these butthurt gweilos, so precious! Here is a (You).

I just eat meat that I kill personally or buy from other hunters or directly from farms. Except chicken, I don't care about chickens and I never will

Fucking idiots, those aren't bones, they are fossils. They are basically eating minerals.

reminder Factory Farming is a moral obscenity

related: argument from marginal cases

i.e. you wouldnt farm retards

well duh they're not as nutrient dense as pigs or cows.

Fair enough, I choose "taxonomically human" as P.

udca has been proven by western medicine to have massive liver healing properties

>Why did the Brits and Burgers stop the Nips in China?
Because the nips attacked the brits and burgers

>Only the species I care about should be saved because (insert humanist logic here muh planet muh superiority complex)

Cancer, hang thyself.

Rekt

describe the physical property of being taxonomically human

"Taxonomically human" is literally a definable physical property. That's how taxonomy works. Or do you mean that morality has to be anchored in a single physical property, not the combination of many? That's a pretty odd constraint to invoke, I don't see how that's something fundamental to the concept of morality.

However "taxonomically human" really is cheating, because we're talking about morality which is an abstract metaphysical concept. So really my answer would be to define P as "has a human soul," since we're working within that framework. Then again, it's not clearly a physical property, but why you're asking for physical properties to anchor morality on is beyond me. You're suggesting that morality fits a natural teleology, but as something non-physical which is somehow only defined or validated by physical properties. The entire premise is contradictory bullshit, designed as such so that there is no possible answer which could be given without being itself contradictory when processed through that framework.

The problem isn't in the responses, it's in the question itself. Morality as a human construct is necessarily anthropocentric, so using morality as an argument against anthropocentrism necessitates this kind of self-contradictory backwards bullshit. Morality has nothing to do with physical properties, in this situation it's literally "humans are special because I've decided X," where X can be replaced with "they have souls," "they're special," "I feel more comfortable this way," or even "that they are because I fucking said so." Morality doesn't work the way taxonomy works (and your framework is essentially asking the reader to construct a taxonomic system that excludes all non-humans).

You might as well be using theological arguments to convince people there is no divinity. Even if someone falls for the trick, the argument invalidates itself regardless because the end result is that it rejects the key concepts used to prove itself.

nah today it would be 1000 flavors of weed lmao

For what reasons do taxonomical humans deserve higher moral status than non-humans?

see

Because they're the crown of evolution and the weak should fear the strong