Left: I love history!

>left: I love history!
>right: history is a deeply flawed field since basically none of it can be trusted, and its only true importance comes from how the appreciation and writing style of historic studies -not the history itself- are interpreted by societies, both older (the way they described things and a contrast to the present) and contemporary (regarding which the biggest value comes from how contemporary individuals and groups of all kinds react to history and historic events)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolingian_minuscule
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>left: war is a necessary evil!
>right: war has never been necessary, but it is actually the most moral act and our highest art

>left: I love reading up on serial killers because I like the psychological and law aspects!
>right: one should admit that the mayhem and insanity and gore are the true thrill, since lying to oneself in such a situation implies that one is repressing urges to become just like said serial killers

womanlets when will they learn

Abbey is always right.

>left: shit body but GOAT face
>right: better body but shit face

>generalising left and right sides of the political spectrum
kys

>not getting the image
How stupid are you, son?

im drunk and slavic leave me alone

>left: muh redpills!
>right: /pol/ need to GTFO

What your “rightist” argues sounds eerily similar to “leftist” postmodernism

>Left: Pickle Rick lol
>Right: August 8th 2017 was the day my life was changed forever. My very being itself was insurmountably, fundamentally altered forever. I experienced a 30 minute adult cartoon called Rick and Morty. The episode in question was Pickle Rick. I, of course, had already known about Pickle Rick as a character. It was revealed as a short clip in the Season 3 trailer. I felt an immediate attraction to Pickle Rick when I saw the trailer. Not in a sexually way, obviously, but in a star crossed long lost brother type of way. Pickle Rick. Pickle... Rick... Just those two words alone are absolute perfection. Say the words "Pickle Rick" out loud and you'll see what I mean. It's very satisfying. Now, obviously, the idea of a wacky old man scientist turning himself into a pickle is an obviously intellegent joke. It's hilarious and random. But August 8th is when I fully realized that there was more to Pickle Rick than I could have ever imagined.
Pickle Rick is not only an inherently gut bustingly funny concept, it's also incredibly deep. You could teach an entire college level philosophy about Pickle Rick. Rick turned himself into a pickle not to challenge to himself, as he claimed, but to avoid going to therapy with his family. Dan Harmon, the absolute genuis co-creator of Rick and Morty, said at the 2016 Rick and Morty Comic Con panel that the Pickle Rick that the episode is a great example of alcoholism without mentioning alcoholism. This is part of what makes Pickle Rick so deep. Pickle Rick is running away from his problems by turning himself into a pickle. He, through a few incredibly cleverly executed hijinks, finds himself in a sewer. He finds himself "in a pickle". While literally being a pickle. If you're not following my thesis, it's because you're not as smart as I am and you should go watch teletubbies or something and let the adults talk

This

when your really fucking stupid

retard

>left: I'm slightly insulted by your historical assertions and your hostile tone.
>right: What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>left: I love The Beatles!
>right: The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

>left: I love Rome
>right: never conqueref

the left one is cuter

>writing style
Well then, we can thank the Germans, as all of our western writing is based upon Carolingian Minuscule.

> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolingian_minuscule

Hmm no argument.

But he's right, you know?
Postmodernism is about fighting metadiscourses, discourses of power such as history

i think it's not referring to the political spectrum but OP's picture, the left being a brainlet or normie and the right being a redpilled Veeky Forumstorian

OP didn't say right as in right-wing politics so no the reply isn't right.

You're getting this wrong

Yup

epic trolz bro

>left: at least my long neck lets me give better blowjobs
>right: there's no reason to not have a long neck AND good posture. Life isn't some video game in which one is given points to distribute so everyone is balanced. No, instead it's completely possible to be advantaged in every way (as is it possible to be disadvantaged in every way)

>slavic
>t. low iq

>implying

You know sometimes I think I'm disadvantaged in every way.

>basically none of it can be trusted

bruh

I'd say you're bad at parties, but then again you're not invited to them are you?

>The one on the right has to be a rightist
Fucking hell, autism levels that shouldn't even be possible

Come on man

>he doesnt derive his political categories from the seating arrangements of the french national assembly in the early 1790s
L M A O

>Missing the point this hard

>left:waaaaah muh /pol/ boogeyman! If you're not pro-Africa you're a racist who needs to GTFO! If you're not anti-Europe you're also racist!
>right:I like to have reasonable discussions

Right: Hitler did nothing wrong
Left: Stalin did nothing wrong

Enlightened Center: Hitler and Stalin each did wrong what the other did right

op's post has nothing to do with political leanings

golem get ye gone

another person falling for the left/right divide, welcome to your manufactured slavery

I'm impressed by the fact that Veeky Forums seems to be the only board that doesn't get this meme.

This thread is only further proof that people who adhere to the right/left paradigm are retards. OP's post has nothing to do with the political spectrum it literally means the girl on the left/girl on the right.

wow no shit dude

Projecting edgelord detected

i hate to be that guy, but a lot pre Renaissance history is filled with speculation bullshit.

>implies that one is repressing urges to become just like said serial killers

You aren't?

>left: Veeky Forums
>right: Veeky Forums

I don't see what your post is supposed to highlight considering a lot of people in this very thread didn't get it. Stop signalling

my really fucking stupid?

Based Piero

t. Hayden White

I'm finna beat every user ITT's ass

come at me bro