What's up guys, why do the Celts not get as much attention as Nordic and Gemanic peoples?

What's up guys, why do the Celts not get as much attention as Nordic and Gemanic peoples?

I mean, I think the Celts were way cooler in every way. They used iron pretty early on, they worshiped natural groves, rivers, fields and waterfalls. I honestly am developing a kind of obsession with how cool they are.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9UaAyI-uI30
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The modern Celtic nations had their heyday after the era of broad antique racial categories but before the era of modern racial categories, so when you hear about Irish, Scottish, Welsh, etc. history it's framed as Irish, Scottish, Welsh, etc. history rather than 'Celtic history'

t. Angus Taggart McManus

Cus theyre gay and got ownt by real men

It seems as if the Celtic tribes were as similar to eachother as the germanic tribes were, why are they broken into smaller pieces?

Mostly Irish actually

If the Gauls united they could have held Rome off.

Isn't it obvious?

Celtic peoples ranking

God Tier:
-Celtiberians
-Noric celts
-Britons
-Picts
Mid Tier:
-Gauls
-Welsh
-Cornish
-Cumbric
-Manx
Shit Tier:
-Anatolian Celts
-Irish
-Scots

>nothing is known about picts yet god tier

They may not even have been Celts

Op here, also forgot to mention what I believe to be an important fact. Consisting mostly of Americans and general Europeans, it's safe to say that most people on this board have more Celts in their line of ancestry than the Germanics and Nordics that get way more praise.

If the Indians had nukes they could have holf off the Europeans

How the fuck has Wales done so well?

That's one of the reasons they're God tier, they're almost legendary and fascinating to study. The remnants of their culture are really cool. And while no one knows if they were Celts, most historians think they are so that's why I included them.

Do you put the likelihood of Iron age Indians developing nukes near the same level as Iron age tribes speaking the same language uniting against a common enemy? Interesting..

Seeing that celts were unable to unite for long anywhere but Scotland, yes.

topographical evidence and personal names (from their monuments) suggest it was a brythonic language
but yes, that is a strongly suggestive but not conclusive piece of evidence

>vid unrelated

youtube.com/watch?v=9UaAyI-uI30

>scots
>shit tier

>Iron pretty early on

BOTH South Europeans and Near Easterners used it before them

By the way Celts are overrated if anything

>Scots
As an Englishfag,
Scottish people all speak English, Irish people all speak English, only boomers like my Granddad (Irish) actually speak it anymore, and even he doesn't remember any of it. All of the British Isles speak English and only English EXCEPT FOR WALES. Everyone hates the Welsh, and they don't really like us either. So it makes sense they're holding onto their language.

>they worshiped natural groves
>a good thing

>literal demon worship
>a good thing

OP is a retard and/or atheist.

>As an Englishfag
>my Granddad (Irish)

The Absolute State of england everyone

Just guessing but probably because those peoples are much more attached to their individual nationality, so they claim their own unique history before sharing it with everyone else. Could also be because they had very different languages, so their stories were only recorded in the nations they occured for a very long time

>everyone hates the Welsh
Lmao fuck off lad, nobody hates the Welsh except salty English with their need to feel superior all the time

If you think revering or worshiping Nature is "worshiping demons" then YOU might be the retarded one here.

>i know nothing about theology or history: the post