Other than the crews on enola gay bomber, which soldier (and from which time period) had the most K/D ratio?

Other than the crews on enola gay bomber, which soldier (and from which time period) had the most K/D ratio?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Severloh
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1960/11/first-wave-at-omaha-beach/303365/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Zhao Yun

If we're not including air crewmen, then artillery crews in ww1 are probably way up there. In modern day warfare most of the kills not made by aircraft are from mortars.

uh no, most kills are from howitzers.

This was true in WWII as well. Something like 70% of infantry kills of infantry were by mortar.

Unironically 9/11

The crew of the D3A val that sank the Arizona. 2 people dropped the bomb that killed 1117 people.

Hitler, Stalin. I mean someone has to take the commander role despite being a low-level.

for individual people, you'd look for Snipers and Aces.

as far as I know Vasily Zaytsev and Ivan Sidorenko still have the most confirmed kills for Snipers, with Sidorenko with around 500 kills for all of WWII and Zaytsev with 225 in just Stalingrad alone.

Finnish Sniper Häyhä also has 542 confirmed kills from his role in the Winter War and WWII.

There's also German Ace Erich Hartmann who currents holds the record in the air with 352 confirmed kills.

>Zaitsev
Most of his kills are straight from the bullshit factory, they never happened. I'm not even getting into Erwin Koenig thing where Zaitsev literally invented a badass antagonist who never existed, just to appear even more badass.

It's virtually impossible to say for certain, since most of the great heroes prior to the 19th century are so heavily mythologized that it's impossible to know how many they personally killed.

People like Roland or Ragnar Lodbrok or Lu Bu may have had more kills than the famous WWII snipers, but who knows?

The Jap pilot who blew up the battleship Arizona at Pearl Harbor.

9/11 hijackers

howitzers are artillery pieces

Me

I'm getting the vibe that you think mortar, howitzer, and artillery are interchangeable terms.

Hans Ulrich Rudel
>was credited with the destruction of 519 tanks, severely damaging the battleship Marat, as well as sinking a cruiser, a destroyer and 70 landing craft...also claimed to have destroyed more than 800 vehicles of all types, over 150 artillery, anti-tank or anti-aircraft positions, 4 armored trains, as well as numerous bridges and supply lines. Rudel was also credited with 9 aerial victories, 7 of which were fighter aircraft and 2 Ilyushin Il-2s

Samson, or one of David's band of men.

You're an idiot. Just because howitzer and mortar are both artillery it doesn't mean howitzer and mortar are synonyms. Brainlet.

if by mortars you mean artillery in general then, at least for the read army, yes.

>by mortars you mean artillery in general
Artillery and mortars were distinct categories of weapons by WW2.

>Other than the crews on enola gay bomber

Man, what do you think that was like? Imagine dropping a bomb and then learning that it killed 30,000+ people.

Actually I'd like to revise that, I just looked at the death toll

Imagine dropping a bomb and then learning that it killed 100,000+ people.

Holy shit that's a lot of people.

Yeha in the military, but not in common speech.

They only got like 150 to 1.

There have been plenty of terrorist bombers who have gotten higher k/d ratios than that.

a mortal is a piece of artillery tho

I may be wrong, but that's like arguing that grenades are artillery because they can be projectiles.

stop using a fucking strawman

so based on your strawman grenadiers were artillery units

No it's not. Mortars and howitzers ARE artillery pieces.

Mortars are not organized under artillery in modern warfare, including WW2. They are organic to infantry divisions.

They are still artillery pieces by definition. There is no argument this is a fact.

by chance are you the aggressive autist from the tank threads?

I'm going to assume your dubs mean you're right. I'm not very knowledgeable about modern warfare, so sorry for any wrench I tossed in there.

Timothy McVeigh got a higher K/D than that.

Moses

Moses wasn't a fucking soldier.

But you’ll listen to Finnshit with Simo?

soldier of God my friend

Technically speaking, anyone who had killed an enemy and live through the war had an impossibly high K/D ratio.

K-kill, D-death, so if a soldier killed even just a guy (and he lives on),

1/0= ∞

Or rather, as D approaches zero, K/D—>∞ (since 1/0 is actually undefined)

Nah, because everyone dies. It's still a KDR of 1.

Not in war tho

The butcher of Normandy. Essentially the guy in OP's pic

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Severloh

Wasn't a stipulation.

There's a difference between a 1900s siege mortar, a WW1 heavy mortar, and a current-day infantry mortar.

Vasily Blokhin led a company of executioners that performed and supervised numerous mass executions during Stalin's reign, mostly during the Great Purge and World War II. He is recorded as having executed tens of thousands of prisoners by his own hand, including his killing of about 7,000 Polish prisoners of war during the Katyn massacre in spring 1940, making him the most prolific official executioner and mass murderer in recorded world history.

Simo Hayha 1:219
Adelbert Waldron 1:109
Vasily Zaytsev 1:400
Chris Kyle 1:160
Carlos Norman Hathcock 1:93-400

Where is the proof though?
Severloh’s claim is not viewed as credible by either US or German historians.

Simo Hayha, god-emperor of the manlets

user...

There's no evidence that he just made bullshit up

/thread

Why are people still posting?

>They are still artillery pieces by definition. There is no argument this is a fact.
Except no military in WW2 and beyond classified mortars as artillery you inbred retard.

The German Aces had lots of kills

2 American dive-bomber squadrons that sank 3 Japanese aircraft carriers at Midway, killing 2000-3000 people

The soviets were able to min max like that because they only had one front, it's tough for say GB to transport massive arty formations, the soviets could literally keep them pointed in the same direction the entire war. Their macro meta was always superb.

wasn't there another German ace who destroyed like 1300 various armored vehicles? That's a pretty decent kill count if you assume most of the crews died

K/D. Kill/death. I apologize in advance for my turbo autism but I could not let this go. Its (kill)-(death) ratio

The sub commander who sunk the Wilhelm Gustloff, 10000:1

He was a machine gunner in what was essentially a turkey shoot. Admittedly it's not easy to find tons of verified info on him, but it seems logical that his K/D is substantial

>but it seems logical that his K/D is substantial
Uh no, it's not logical at all. Do you think people just rush machine gun emplacements in the open like in Cowadoody?

>500 kills
>With iron sights
How was he supposed to know that Ivan over there wasn't just hitting the ground after hearing a bullet whiz past his head?

Are you retarded? Everyone can understand the difference between a tube and a fucking cannon

Anyone who lived through the war had no KD ratio at all because there is no ratio.

You seem to have an understanding of limits and you still post something so unbelievably retarded as 1/0= ∞. Besides that, D does not approach 0, it is either 1 or 0, nothing else.

Do you have any fucking clue what happened on D Day and where he was located, you stupid ignorant fuck?

Do you? Do you think people just zerg'd MGs on D-Day? Fucking retard.

Not him, but your and didiot. Most of the survivors of Omaha crawled in for hours on the tide until nightfall.

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1960/11/first-wave-at-omaha-beach/303365/

>omaha was a tough fight
>therefore it is logical that one person killed more americans than died in the entire D-Day over two beaches and airborne landings

Wasn't responding to that, just the retarded assertion that they weren't zerg rushing machine gun positions across an open beach.

Read the US army field manual. There are specific instructions and doctrine on how to assault a fortified position.

You genuinely might be the stupidest person on all of Veeky Forums

Petar Brzica

Yes, what's your point? I gave your firsthand accounts of Omaha Beach, and you gave out the fact that you're fucking illiterate.

>As an Ustashe he held the rank of Lieutenant.[5][6] While he is known for having beaten an inmate to death in March 1943,[7] he is notorious for having won a contest in which he used a curve-bladed knife, also called a srbosjek, to kill newly arrived concentration camp prisoners.[8][9][10][11] Brzica boasted of winning the contest by killing the largest number of prisoners - 1,360 people.[12][13] Some other sources[who?] set Brzica's "record" at a lower number, between 670 [14] and 1,100.[15]

Holy fucking shit, is this denatificstion propaganda or nazi croats really were this much of a fucking savages?

They were savages. Completely demented and empowered by a system that literally encouraged murder. Concentration camp guards were almost universally some of the biggest monsters on Earth.

The crew of Bockscar

What about the torpedo operators on the subs that sank the Japanese hell ships?

It's literally Bill Belichick

He comes to mind

>inb4 "lol its all made up :)"
>"the soviets just wanted to him to gulag cause why not :D?

heh

Hans-Ulrich Rudel

The charges were that he strafed a town and blew up a bread factory, in a Bf-109. They also charged him for shooting down their planes.

Any soldier who killed at least one enemy and did not die himself has an infinite k/d ratio. Your question is meaningless.

Calling bullshit on that one, 1.5 kills for every single day of the war (up to the jap surrender) plus bridges and shit, nah.

>shooting down fighters in a stuka

why would it be bullshit? he flew more than 2,500 combat missions

>He flew 2,530 ground-attack missions exclusively on the Eastern Front
>and 430 missions flying fighter aircraft
>ww2 was 2149 days long

Ja, bullscheisse

learn how to fucking read

>The majority of these were undertaken while flying the Junkers Ju 87, although 430 were flown in ground-attack variants of the Focke-Wulf Fw 190

2530 total missions, 430 of which were in the FW 190

and do you think each mission was 18 hours long or something? they would sortie several times a day for weeks on end during major battles.

I hadn't thought of Samson. He's up in the thousands, maybe over 10,000.

> He flew 2,530 ground-attack missions exclusively on the Eastern Front, usually flying the Junkers Ju 87 "Stuka" dive bomber, and 430 missions flying fighter aircraft.

Suppose there is no reason whatsoever for him to lie about his kill-count (which was common among German pilots) though, take his word for it I guess

They were all fucking stoked.

Don't forget the war against the Soviets lasted fewer than 4 years. It's not even 2149 days we are talking about.

Moses had no part in killing the Egyptian army tho.

>all these people ITT believing in soviet, finn, and German propaganda bullshit
jej

You cannot divide by zero. The result is not infinity.

Calling bullshit on 2500

The allies (and not even the soviets) didn't deny the kiil count of the German pilots.

Why was it called "Enola Gay"?

Pilot's mother's name.