My city in the 1900s. :)

My city in the 1900s. :)
Appleton,Wisconsin

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LB2rWJbWaRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yy1kOwUyEsM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_destruction_of_Warsaw
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bb/Houghton,_Michigan_panorama_c1900.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=Rc3zONK8ERk
reader.digitale-sammlungen.de/de/fs1/object/display/bsb10622189_00001.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Taranaki_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Taranaki_War
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My city a hundred years ago :(.
Rheims, France.

Are we posting old pics of our cities?

cause I love these threads

Yeah we can do that. I was just browsing last night of pictures of Wisconsin from the early 1900s to the 1960s and they looked aesthetic as fuck.

I'm sorry for what my race did to you. :( We Wisconsinites are descendant of those barbaric subhumans that attacked you 100 years ago.

une autre victime innocente de la barbarisme allemande

Before...

...and now...

WE WUZ APPLES N SHEEIT

Yesterday...

Here is what Appleton looks like today.

... and today...

Pfft, don't fret about it. The thing I regret most though is that the extremely ancient stained glass in the cathedral were shattered, and the French government then had the stroke of genius to commission Chagall to make replacements.

And well, the individual German shouldn't blame himself really.

Their guns mostly.

Here's a bigger picture

>The thing I regret most though is that the extremely ancient stained glass in the cathedral were shattered,
Oh the silly French... "NO NOT THE STAINED GLASS"! Consider yourselves lucky.
youtube.com/watch?v=LB2rWJbWaRQ

>he says this to the country the second most bombed in WWII, thinking I'll be impressed
Hmmm, right... But a damn shame about Warsaw indeed.

See for yourself how ghastly this is.

Couple fun ones of my hometown, Cincinnati.

Ohio Nat. Guard deployed during the courthouse riots

Old Cincinnati library.

Early Vegas history is pretty boring desu

Well having the most destroyed capital (in 85%) and all major cities destroyed except two (but really one now) amounting to around 40% of your whole infrastructure destroyed during WW2 is an achievement in some way.
youtube.com/watch?v=yy1kOwUyEsM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_destruction_of_Warsaw

Lucky enough for you, you got Choltitz to spare Paris. So soak it up about some glass buddy.

A shot of people dinning in Milwaukee's Mader's Restaurant in the 1960s.

it's bad but it could be worse

pay reparations

My city in 1900, Houghton, Michigan

Nowadays the hill/mountain across the riverlake has a ton of trees and is used as a ski hill. There's also a bridge that raises and lowers that connects us to Hancock, the city on the other side.

Full size image here (very high resolution warning):
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bb/Houghton,_Michigan_panorama_c1900.jpg

Same building :)

i live in Marquette, MI. We have a similar story, along with multiple presidential visits and post industrial fixtures

The fags in the attic dont deserve windows desu

Nice, another yooper.

>Largest collection of medieval timber framed buildings or was

Look at those beautiful buildings

What went wrong?

What do you mean what went wrong? As far as I am concerned, those buildings in downtown Appleton are still standing albeit renovated and numerous other buildings have been put up since then.

Norfolk, Virginia

I still walk in front of those shops (now restaurants and artsy stuff)

Btw here is a picture of Appleton Int. Airport in the 1920s.
Unfortunately, I can't find a good picture of what it looks like today in order to get a perspective.

Another Norfolk, Virginia

Church in my hometown Vanlose, 1910. Pretty much the only building that's still the same.

And today.

Wow, it looks a lot smaller today.

Huntingdon, England, my city 100 years ago. Oliver Cromwell was born and raised here. His school is now a museum dedicated to him.

Probably since there wasn't anything around before.
Vanlose was a podunk back then.

Ohhh boy, I've got a Folder of pictures from Bermuda back in the old days. Hold on everybody, it's dumping time.

Pic related: Hamilton harbor and city of Hamilton in Bermuda 1910's.

Fun fact about the previous pic: The black roofed house in the bottom right corner is actually still around, and my house is just down the hill from it. Definitely makes these pictures more "real" for me.

Pic related is Hamilton harbor from another angle in the 1930's.

Pic here is viewing Bermuda from further west, with the Barbour in the distance.

>Covington, KY

ayy

I fucking love Cincinnati, my favorite American city.

my hometown, best chili in the USA too

Many thanks to all the anons who posted these pictures. Very, very fascinating.

To summarize. R.I.P.
youtube.com/watch?v=Rc3zONK8ERk

My town is small (

All these photos were from the time of the strong man. Too bad we're now in the time of the weak man.

The cycle repeats; the age of the strong man will come again

Be the change you want to see user.

It’s a right shithole now

What are you even on about? It's like I'm really on /pol/.

My city Appleton, Wisconsin from the late 1800s. Women working at a paper mill that used to dot along the Fox River.

a wee bit over 100 years ago, large sections seen here were demolished in the 60s to be remade in great overpass and highway network construction, as well as hospitals, and skyscrapers

Have you ever been to that coal museum? is it any good?

here's Arrowtown in New Zealand circa 1900

it's worse now honestly

Närnberch :D

>la barbarisme allemande
Hon hon baguette

Looks neat

Next time think twice before starting a world war

I find it fascinating that Nuremberg was never captured or successfully sieged once until 1945, probably the fastest large city in European history historically

Nearly 1000 years
>Nuremberg was, according to the first documentary mention of the city in 1050, the location of an Imperial castle between the East Franks and the Bavarian March of the Nordgau.[4]

Oh shut up will you. I see this exact post, this exact sentence every fucking time, its like a script to you people.

I was just jk bro

Cologne, Germany

CAN GERMANY STOP DESTROYING EUROPE AGAIN AND AGAIN PLS?! Every fucking century is marked by germany fucking with other countries one way or the other, and they do it till this day! Im not calling for the genocide of germans, but it's ironic how they blamed jews, poles etc for everything wrong with ger and europe while in fact germans are the ones who should vanish from the face of this continent.

"my race"
You are just some american mulatto. stfu anglo.

Oh shut the fuck up you braindead bastard.

It is hard to feel sympathetic toward the barbaric nazi germans who keep bitching and crying about how the allies destroyed their cultural sites through allied soldiers and bombing raids when they were the ones who were going around blowing up monuments, destroying historic buildings, burning and looting paintings all over Warsaw. The Germans got what they deserved for what they did to Poland.

"what they did to poland"
This sentence hurts to read if you have the slightest idea about ww2 and the political state right before its outbreak. War is hell, both sides just did the bankers bidding allies even more so than the germans.
ww1 and 2 were political clusterfucks blaming any nation involved fully for it is retarded and uneducated.
So again, shut the fuck up you 16 year old inbred.
Both sides did horrendous stuff to civilian populations and enemy troops.

... well, that´s not exactly true, in 1796 Nuremberg was occupied by the french Army of Sambre-et-Meuse

reader.digitale-sammlungen.de/de/fs1/object/display/bsb10622189_00001.html

Seriously what it is with poles and "muih Warsaw". I see Poles all over the internet, outside of 4chin, hogging up whole threads of 200+ images of old Warsaw. You know you crybabies still have Krakow? Krakow was literally untouched and all you Poles can do is bitch and whine about "muh Warsaw"

Thanks, I'll check it out. I always assumed it was never captured or rather brutally occupied like most major cities

New Plymouth, New Zealand in the 1860s. A bullock team is pulling a house down the main street (Devon Street).

Another one from the 1860s, same street.
Contextually, this part of New Zealand was at war with the Maori's in the 1860s. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Taranaki_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Taranaki_War

Was 1890-1920 the Aesthetic peak of cities?

>Grand ornate buildings
>Wide avenues
>Large sidewalks
>Quaint lampposts of early electricity
>Not much road traffic

>all white people

Mt Taranaki/Egmont in the background of New Plymouth, 1880s.