Why were they and Latvians the biggest Nazi collaborators?

Why were they and Latvians the biggest Nazi collaborators?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ut3r_j9Uy0o
youtube.com/watch?v=suQ79xKmYtw
youtube.com/watch?v=UjeAUVRyUAo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolesław-Jerzy_II
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldensians#Piedmont_Easter
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Operation_of_the_NKVD
youtube.com/watch?v=lAx4HUb04w8
youtube.com/watch?v=qqVQmRmlH14
youtube.com/watch?v=D0rpDE4rcYA
youtube.com/watch?v=4vLh0PaqfIE
noitesinistra.blogspot.de/2012/09/o-massacre-de-babi-yar.html#.WfHq_V0w7IU
incrediblediary.com/gruesome-mass-slaughter-incidents-history.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_of_Poles_in_Volhynia_and_Eastern_Galicia
youtube.com/watch?v=_eGo-NEcEVI
youtube.com/watch?v=9IFmBQS8FDc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you forgot about eSStonians

Muh famine

Of course
But when you read about atrocities commited on the Eastern Front, you can be pretty sure that some Ukrainian or Latvian collaborators were involved and it was uncommon to hear that they surpassed the Germans themselves in brutality and ruthlesness.
Like most of the death camp guards were consisted of them.

They are pure savages.
youtube.com/watch?v=ut3r_j9Uy0o

Only the dead can know peace from the Croatian horrors.

>Be systematically oppressed by Russians for being a different ethnic/cultural/linguistic group for centuries
>Military force invades whom hate the Russians with a burning passion and are somewhat nice to you in comparison
>Can either fight with them or fight to help the Russians only to have them come back and oppress you even more than pre-nazi occupation
>In the end your decision doesn't matter as the Russians win regardless and ruins your nation during the second half of the 20th century
Tbqh if I lived in one of these former Warsaw pact countries controlled by the Soviets in Moscow I'd hate Russia with a burning passion too and I hate Fascism even more than Communism, its just the Russians were dicks to their buffer states.

youtube.com/watch?v=suQ79xKmYtw

What is wrong with them?

Why not the Russians, since they provided the Nazis with most of their oil before Romania joined the Axis, and was the major supplier of Tungsten right up until June 21's.

Heck, the Russians even invaded a country together with the Nazis.

It's ironic considering how overrepresented Latvians were among the Bolsheviks. They were 6 times more overrepresented than Jews, while Lithuanians were 12 times more overrepresented than Jews. There were 95,000 Latvian Jews before the Holocaust and only 5,000 alive after the War, most of them were massacred by Latvian collaborators.

>most monstrous
Nope.

It wasn't Ukraine in general, it was specifically the rural western half. There was a very clear regional divide. And the western half did it because they really hated Poles, Jews, and Russians, and historically had for hundreds of years. This tension -- in which people who had been trying to kill each other were supposed to all be members of one happy country -- was never addressed for ideological reasons during the USSR, and after 1991 became much worse as Western Ukraine started trying to foist its only version of national identity on the East -- a national-identity project not made easier by Western Ukraine's growing cult of Stepan Bandera.

I think that's because the Baltics and Poland were basically the richest and most well-developed parts of the empire, and Poland seceded. Revolutions typically start with the middle class. Meanwhile steppe populations (Siberian tribes, Uzbeks, Kazakhs, Tatars, etc.) have basically no representation because the Russian Empire kept central and northern Asia extremely poor. You can see that the small remaining Polish population was overrepresented too, nearly twice as represented as Jews.

You tell me...
youtube.com/watch?v=UjeAUVRyUAo

>all those literal Untermenschen
Where do they think they'd be if the Wehrmacht would march into their country tomorrow?

Carrying their shit around and being prison guards, just like in 1941

Along with Finland, but yes, see pic related.

They were also not Orthodox, didn't write in Cyrillic, and hadn't been part of the Russian empire for very long.

>most of the death camp guards were consisted of them
Do you have a source for that? Because I don't think you do.

Even Nazi Germans who tended to execute Poles for the slightest things started to defend and save Polish civilians from these savages because they were soo brutal when they started massacring everyone not Ukrainian in Volhynia and Galicia.

Most of the death camp guards were Austrians. 40 percent of the staff and 75 percent of commanders were Austrians (David Art, "Politics of the Nazi Past in Austria," p. 43).

>Galician-Volhynian flag of 1119-1329
they seriously didn't have another one.

>Kaltenbrunner was Austrian
>Seyss-Inquardt was Austrian
>fucking Hitler was Austrian
Why do the Germans get all the hate again?

It's been Austria's divine mission since 1866 to destroy Germany

They're just budget Germans anyway, so who cares?

They now join my list of mountain savages.

who else is on this list?

There was no real difference between Austrians and Germans until the last few decades. It's kinda like saying "why do people hate Germans when Bavarians are so bad?"

>the eternal H*bsburg wasn't leading his list of mountain savages
Sounds like a pretty shit list, honestly.

>Entirety of Balkans
>Entirety of Caucasus
>The Swiss
>Basques
>Scots
>Pashtuns
>Sardinians
>Corsicans

>>Galician-Volhynian flag of 1119-1329
It's also funny because Poland is the rightful legal inheritor of Galicia-Volhynia...
>In a treaty of 1338 Bolesław Jerzy offered Casimir III of Poland succession to the throne of Galicia-Volhynia. Duke Boleslaw was supported by the many townspeople living there. In 1324 Boleslaw located the towns of Volodymyr-Volynskyi on Magdeburg law, and Sanok in 1339.[3] He was poisoned in 1340 by orthodox boyars and died without an heir, before his father who continued rule Masovian principality.
>After Bolesław Jerzy's death the Kingdom of Galicia was gradually annexed by the kingdom of Poland between 1340 and 1366, during the reign of Casimir III of Poland.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolesław-Jerzy_II

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldensians#Piedmont_Easter

can you add Savoy*rds to the list too?

>c*tholics
Absolutely disgusting

Because the nazis were doing their best to bring europe into the modern era.

why did you feel the need to post this picture with this comment?

There was hardly any spontaneous killing in Latvia, though, and the number of Holocaust collaborators was about 500 - you'd be able to find 500 arseholes in a population of 2 million anywhere on the planet.

There's a reason the Germans kept the local shooters sedated with booze, smokes and sausages - they were scum.

Don't forget Heydrich

He was born in Saxony. While also savage and with a ridiculous accent, they aren't Austrians

Ancient Macedonians

My dad once worked at an engineering firm with a Ukrainian World War II veteran - they chatted every now and then, and my dad was able to get a few stories out of him.

>Ukie is from a bumfuck village in Ukraine
>Wehrmacht rolls in during Barbarossa, and takes recruits
>Ukie and most of his buddies decide to sign up with them because they hated the Russians more than the Germans
>Early on during their training, one of the first things they are taught is how to march.
>But some of the ukies are so uneducated that they don't know which side is left and which is right
>Germans training them have them pick up clumps of grass in their left hands, straw in their right hands
>They're taught to march to the tune of "Grass, grass, grass, straw, grass!"

Later on in the war:
>Ukie has learned German by this point - already knew Russian
>His unit has been captured by the Soviets, they are being sent behind the line to be interned
>They are passing by a column of Soviet tanks with infantry riding on them
>They're calling at the prisoners in Russian as they pass by
>Ukie knows better than to reply - he pretends not to understand and only speaks German in his best accent
>The guy behind him replies to the Russians in Russian - they shoot him immediately
>Always kill a traitor before an enemy

It is pretty cunty to count as "traitors" people of territories you annexed literally in the early stages of the war, including most Ukrainian speaking Ukrainians, as well as Balts.

surprise, Russians can be cunts

>annexed
weird way how to spell controlled since 17th century

Was the famine worth it then? Seeing as it was by design and all. Maybe Stalin had no regard for these barbarians

famine happened because of bad weather and Kulaks burning the food

The more I learn about west/central Ukraine the more it sounds literally Sub-Saharan Africa tier.

The guy spoke Russian though. Meaning he was either an ethnic Russian or a Ukranian who spoke Russian as his first language, meaning he was a Soviet and his family had lived as part of the same country as Russia in one form or another for 500 years.

I agree it kind of is but what the fuck does that post have to do with it?

I think it's a reference to the "grass, grass, grass, straw, grass!"

They clearly hated themselves

I've never wanted to be Ukrainian so bad before

I've heard almost the exact same thing from my grandfather who was a JNA sergeant for a couple years, only involving illiterate Bosnian soldiers and "hay, straw" instead. Could just be a bumfuck Eastern Euro/Slav thing, I guess

This post doesn't make any sense. Soviets literally genocided Ukrainians by the millions and they were aching for revenge, I don't know where you see self hate in that.

>b-b-but the soviets were nice!

>Ukraine
>mountains

t. T*nkie

This

Carpathian mountains are located in the western part of the country.

even American propaganda claimed that

thats not Ukraine

Carpathian Ruthenia isnt legitime part of Ukraine

Do you know where Lwow is located you shitnigger?

Why are Ukrainians such fucking psychopaths? There's just something about them that always scared me.

Poles are professional crybabies.

How the fuck is that relevant you stupid cunt. He said that their were no mountains in Ukraine, there are certainly mountains in Ukraine. The carpathian mountains straddle the western part of the country. Last time i checked Lviv is located in western Ukraine, and no i don't give a shit about whether it should in Ukraine or Poland, in fact fuck em both.

t. Oleh Tatarchyuk

I wish the Poles wiped you subhumans out and brought civilization to your shit-encrusted flypit.

Im not talking about Carpathian Ruthenia, many of those people identify as Rusyn anyway. The carpathian mountains straddle between Galicia and Transcarpathia. Galicia is certainly Ukrainian as far as the people living their see themselves as Ukrainian. You could even make an argument for Transcarpathia as well. Regardless the carpathian mountains are within the boundaries of Ukraine.

>dumb nigger reacted with calling people from Lwow mountain savages
>backpedals when corrected
Stay mad filth.

I wish I was Ukrainian.

>wanting to be an AIDS-ridden chernozem nigger
For what purpose would anyone want to be a citizen of an Africa-tier shthole like Ukraine?

Because they hate commies

They sure knew how to deal with parasitical lifeforms like the heebs and the poles.

>he calls Jews and Poles parasitical when Ukraine is the literal anus of Europe
Jews and Poles have nice, successful countries. Ukraine is fucking nigger-tier. Shitkraine's GDP is lower than every country in Europe besides fucking Moldova.

Poland is "nice" thanks to centuries of parasiting on Belarusian and Ukrainians peasants, and Israel is a total shithole.

This isn't /pol/, guys. Please end this toxic conversation

>Poland
>GDP per capita- 29,250
>HDI - 0.855
>Israel
>HDI - 0.899
>GDP per capita - 36,250
>Asskraine
>GDP per capita - 8,305
>HDI - 0.747
Nice try Andriy. Your shitstain country will always be a fucking failure.
>MUH POLES OPPRESSIN US N SHEEIT
Nice nigger-tier argument.

Typical Polack no better than the Hohol Mountain Nigger, i feel sorry for both your failed states.

>Ukrainians peasants

>identify as Rusyn
they are Rusyns you nigger

I'm not sure what your point is. Yes, Poland is wealthier than Ukraine thanks to parasitism, while Ukrainians actually work. I thought we agreed about that.

They'd be cock-sucking collaborators like their ancestors

Identifying as Rusyn and being Rusyn is the same thing. I'm not denying their identity and i respect their right to self determination, so calm down nigger.

I'm not justifying the Holdomor in anyway as that was a horrible thing and Poles died in it as well. I will neither justify its perpetrators, the Bolshevik Soviets, in any way when they did things like this too...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Operation_of_the_NKVD
You must be a sad savage fucker.
Ukrainians are a Slavic-TATAR mix.
You are a sad, sad fucker.

>Ukraina = U+kresu+krainy = U+krancu+krainy Korony Królestwa Polskiego, Rzeczypospolitej Obojga Narodów (Pol-Lit)
>Ukraine = At+the+borderland = At+the+end of the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

Ukraine is basically Russia's giant version of FYROM. It's not a real country.

Ukraine never existed as a state before the 20th century and the "Ukrainian" national identity formed only in the mid-19th century after the partitions of Poland.
youtube.com/watch?v=lAx4HUb04w8

youtube.com/watch?v=qqVQmRmlH14
youtube.com/watch?v=D0rpDE4rcYA

Why every pole in this board is butthurt?

youtube.com/watch?v=4vLh0PaqfIE

>All this Eastern Yuropoor autism
Holy shit I haven't laughed so much in a while. You are all shitholes.

every eastern euro is but polacks probably are easiest to bait

This

Not saying all you guys are lying, ofc, but a proper source on all these massacres would be appreciated.
Especially considering in that video there's at least one picture that's not from Volhynia but from Kiev (Babi Yar). Pic related.

noitesinistra.blogspot.de/2012/09/o-massacre-de-babi-yar.html#.WfHq_V0w7IU

incrediblediary.com/gruesome-mass-slaughter-incidents-history.html

Nevermind, searched and found something. The pic is still from the Babi Yar massacre of Jews, though.

>a proper source on all these massacres would be appreciated.
Are you questioning historical truth, Goy?

>but a proper source on all these massacres would be appreciated.
That ONE massacre called Volhynian massacre, but it compassed not only Volhynia but Galicia and eastern Lesser Poland.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_of_Poles_in_Volhynia_and_Eastern_Galicia

>polacks are so weak that they are genocided by bunch of illiterate peasants
cant make this shit up
guess ukrainian state has more rights to exist than pooland

Thanks, I already found something. The thing with the picture from Babi Yar just made me think.

i can see why people dislike ukrainians but poolish obsession about them is unbelievable
mention ukraine in thread and you instantly have 20 polacks mentioning that even ukraine out of all countries has fucked them at some point in their history, as if half of europe didn't do that
this one sided butthurt is fucking pathetic

You're fucking retarded.
youtube.com/watch?v=_eGo-NEcEVI

But I know you're trolling youtube.com/watch?v=9IFmBQS8FDc