Tfw The Japanese Royal dynasty was tge only one never broken

Tfw The Japanese Royal dynasty was tge only one never broken

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanboku-chō_period
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it time?

Pretty easy to do since they've never held any actual power.

For what?

>BLOCKS YOUR PATH

Well, I guess now is not the time

Are japs even ready for a republic?

Don't ever reply to me again

Well that sounds like a hard no. That's unfortunate.

well you did have
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanboku-chō_period
where you had rival claimants for the throne fighting it out for a while, more akward when you consider the modern orthodoxy is that the southern court were the legitimate ones, while the current emperors descend from the northern line who were the victors in the struggle

>tfw japan refused unconditional surrender so they could keep their emperor but two nukes later they were allowed to keep him anyway

BANZAI

Japan did unconditionally surrender though.

worth it when you consider how the ultranationalists who love to glorify the Emperor get cucked by the family being heavily liberalized and having to somehow square the circle
>Hirohoto privately pissed off by adding war criminals to Yasukuni so he refused to go after they were added
>Akihito has never gone
>Emperor says he wants to retire
>be so autistic about tradition you grant it as though its a one time special dispensation
Their LARP levels are off the charts honestly

Not yet

Do it again unclr Max!

Nope, the shogons did not kill the emperors

Oldest Republic > Oldest Monarchy

>ha-ha, blocks YOUR path, ha-ha
>ha-ha

>ha-ha, now Mr. Hiroshima, please sign those papers, ha-ha or we martial court the shit outta you ha-ha
>now you give me direct control over your country and make me the effective sovereign, ha-ha. Your reign will be only figurative, you have no power anymore ha-ha
>ha-ha, oh btw I'll let the boys take some of your girls to shove their dicks inside them. The marines gotta rest a bit, y'know? It's a good ol' american tradition ha-ha
>praise Jesus ha-ha

*Declares myself Shogun*

God he’s so fucking greasy

Lost

kek

Retiring used to be normal for the emperor. As the head of the shinto religion, you have to take part in a lot of pomp and ceremony, and it never took long for an emperor (usually around a decade give or take) to get fed up with it, quit, and plop his kid on the throne.