I'm studying economics at Uni, and I have to say that it has betrayed my expectations

I'm studying economics at Uni, and I have to say that it has betrayed my expectations.
I'm not thinking about dropping out, but I'm beginning to wonder if I could combine two degrees at the same time. Have any of you done this successfully?

When it comes to what that second degree would be, I've been browsing through my uni's website, and become fond of an "East Asian studies degree" It is centered around the economic, social and cultural makeup of east Asia, and the proficiency in either Mandarin or Japanese. I think I could be suited for this, being an economics student, I am already familiar with much of the economic theory that they may present us with, and I am also very fond of learning languages. English is my third language and I'm already successfully learning German successfully at a language academy.
I would obviously pick Mandarin because that has a future, specially as an economist.

Otherwise I would pick a classical studies degree, but those require basic Greek and Latin, and I didn't pick those subjects in highschool.

Do I do it or nah

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applied_economics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I got a bachelor's in econ in 2012, and the economy was still shitty enough that I couldn't find a job. I ended up going back to school and getting an MBA in finance, which combined with an improving economy enabled me to get a job. Idk if that helps.

As long as you are not expecting to get hired

why?

He's probably just a STEMfag, ignore him.

How are you going to get hired studying economy when it has no pratical use whatsoever

>nobody gets hired with economics degrees

if you feel like dealing with chinese business then sure

I'm european, spanish and german citizen. Both the Spanish and German governments and the European Union in Brussels are filled with economic development agencies.
Shouldn't be too hard desu

>Businesses don't exist anymore goys

Lol

Why would a business need someone who studied economy

1/10

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applied_economics
retard

My ex gf did math and econ. There's no reason not to since if you can't hack real analysis and abstract algebra, you won't be able to complete econ grad school (or an MBA in a field that isn't a waste of time). The math in undergrad econ is a joke compared to the math you do in grad school

Languages, history and international studies are other good degree choices, it depends on what you want. I'd beef up on math as much as I can if I were you though. Take at least two semesters of linear algebra, probability and DEs.

Unis in Europe are really different from America, at least as far as I know. Here we only have degrees, masters and Phds.

Economics is the road to all things finance though, and in some universities and even Ivys, there aren't any finance and business majors because an economics major is thought to be just as good, if not better.

It's a good mix of soft Maths and reasoning skills, so nothing a recruiter is going to shun.

>MBA right out of undergrad
Is that even possible?

Left Econ for Bus. Admin. You will too.

What don't you like about Econ?

Where you at now if I may ask?

There's a lot of trivial subjects that I don't give half a shit about, like law, business administration, and more to come.

Do you just want pure theory or a more historical approach?

I enjoy both of these approaches greatly.

East Asian Studies student from Spain here

The degree is nice, I love it and I'd recommend it, but be aware that it is full of anime weeaboos and that Japanese classes in the first course are a nightmare until all those fuckers drop out.

After they are all out, 10/10 experience and studies

>not choosing an economics program with lots of math and statistics