Will we ever see another apex civilisation again such as this...

Will we ever see another apex civilisation again such as this? Literally started as a small no name collection of houses in the middle of modern day Italy and proceeded to became the largest empire the world has ever seen. The legacy of the empire is still felt today in areas such as government, law, language, architecture, engineering, and religion.

no

>largest empire the world has ever seen
but that's not even remotely close to being correct.

>became the largest empire the world has ever seen

Why do people still repeat this? Wasn't nearly as big as Alexander's Empire or the Achaemenids that proceeded him. Even the fucking Indians made a bigger empire!

Literally all of those things could be said about the Islamic caliphates, so there you go. We've seen it again. You could also say it about the US.

We already have. The Anglo-Saxon civilization.

Die meme.

>such as government, law, language, architecture, engineering, and religion.
because you germanics adopted it

>He says, in English, on the American Internet

Ffffffff...
You are helpless. I quit.

Why do you deny the truth

How exactly is the Achaemenid Empire larger than Alexander's

I can see the argument for population, though, where more than 25% of the world lived in the Roman Empire at the time, a feat that wasn't repeated until the British Empire at its territorial height after WWI.

The Caliphate thing is wrong as well but I won't bother to argue with you because you'll just start screaming /pol/ but how exactly has the United States
>influenced government globally similarly to Rome
>influenced law globally similarly to Rome
>influenced architecture globally similarly to Rome
>influenced engineering globally similarly to Rome
>influenced religion globally similarly to Rome
Hell, let's even throw in the language too: English was a lingua franca before the U.S cultural boom.

Whatever makes u happy m8 ok whatever

Etruria built Rome up into a proper city though. Rome would be like any other Latin village if not for them.

Persian empire went the furthest in terms of population percentage tho.

>I can see the argument for population, though

Even that is incorrect.

Maps which are orientated like that really throw me off and take a bit to just reconfigure how they would look 'normally'.

You mean by conquering Etruria, right?
Persian empire went the furthest in terms of being unacademic faggots who barely kept records of their own government

>influenced government globally similarly to Rome
Most countries of the world today are democratic republics because of the US achieving independence and proving that kings were unnecessary for the government of a nation

>influenced law globally similarly to Rome
>influenced architecture globally similarly to Rome
I'll give you these two

>influenced engineering globally similarly to Rome
Are you kidding me, look at all of things that were invented in the US that the entire world depends on today, like the car, the airplane, the telephone and the computer, all of which are just as revolutionary and necessary today as Roman concrete and aqueducts

>influenced religion globally similarly to Rome
Again, the separation of church and state, also an American innovation, which led to the overall secularization of the world and the decrepit present state of Christianity in the western world is absolutely a result of American culture and the subsequent globalization of said culture

And no, I won't call out the /pol/ boogeyman at all, please do point out how the caliphate was less important than Rome in the creation of modern middle east, central Asia and northwest India and how these areas are just like western Europe today. And I'm not claiming that they were in any way superior to Rome, just that they fit the description of massive empires that came from nothing to be hugely influential to the development of various cultures.

They ruled Anatolia, Mesopotamia, Armenia, Egypt, Iran, Indus Valley, and Central Asia all before 300 BC.
It's sufficient to say that they ruled over a fair portion of the world's population.

>Even the fucking Indians made a bigger empire!
this is only suprising if you don't know shit about indian history (´・ω・`)

44 fucking percent wew

not that guy but:
>Most democratic republics are a result of the American Independence War
>The US invented the car and telephone and plane
Admittedly the telphone was invented in the US but the guy didn't even leave Britain till he was like 23
>Secularism is a US invention
l m a o

Yeah I think that's the biggest any state has ever had. The mongols might have had more I'm not sure.

>the car was invented in the US

Here's a more accurate one

Im pretty sure the Mongols had more with all of China and Persia within its borders.

Why didn't the Abbasids expand into India?

*cough* Mongolian Empire *cough*

lots and lots of civil wars along with an unhealthy fixation on the byzantines

They actually had large scale invasions but they were repelled.

Not if they keep getting weak men and hard times.