What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T5vo7jLGOb8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He was right about literally everything.

I know I just wanted to make a thread about him but didnt know what to put in OP

youtube.com/watch?v=T5vo7jLGOb8 henry is bae

Guess

is it the J word?

Quick poll as to who has read any of his works? I've heard good things about World Order and On China

Like what, for example?

Would recommend On China

His WWII experiences shaped his worldview. His encounter with survivors of a concentration camp made him realise that in those situations, those that place morality above basic survival, do not necessarily survive. Instead, those who do what is necessary to live, survive.

You need to see le holocauat survivors to realize that?

Capitalism

Currently reading Diplomacy, good shit

For some people, yes. It's easy to become delusional and think ideology will always win out. This is what led Europe into WW1 and the Axis into WW2.

Yeah he wasn't really smart if he did not realise that since childhood.

>implemented detente to deescalate tensions with USSR while simultaneously making alliances with China against them
>first to realize there was no strategic victory to be had in Vietnam
>accepted Nobel "with humility" and gave all his money to the families of 'Nam vets
>told Nixon that even if Russia put Jews in ovens it shouldn't impact US foreign policy towards them

A stone cold motherfucker and legit 4D chessmaster, the single most competent diplomat of the 20th century

Looking like that, he fucked Jill St. John.

I'm not sure he had any problems.

This.
Everyone hates the guy because he goes against the typical American international relations philosophy of liberalism with realism.

>A 1972 poll of Playboy bunnies selected Kissinger as the man with whom Hef’s ladies would most like to go out on a date.

Kissing 'er? I heardly knew 'er!

the writing is quality and his perspective is unique.

*blocks ur path*
>During his twenty-eight years as minister of foreign affairs Gromyko became the "number-one" on international diplomacy at home, renowned by his peers to be consumed by his work.
>Henry Kissinger once said "If you can face Gromyko for one hour and survive, then you can begin to call yourself a diplomat". Gromyko's work influenced Soviet and Russian ambassadors such as Anatoly Dobrynin. Mash Lewis and Gregory Elliott described Gromyko's main characteristic as his "complete identification with the interest of the state and his faithful service to it". According to historians Gregory Elliot and Moshe Lewin this could help explain his so-called "boring" personality and the mastery of his own ego. West German politician Egon Bahr, when commenting on Gromyko's memoirs, said;

>He has concealed a veritable treasure-trove from future generations and taken to the grave with him an inestimable knowledge of international connection between the historical events and major figures of his time, which only he could offer. What a pity that this very man proved incapable to the very end of evoking his experience. As a faithful servant of the state, he believed that he should restrict himself to a sober, concise presentation of the bare essentials.

Diplomacy was a good introduction to political science for me.

What'd he do wrong?

My father worked with him for a while

He was a top lad and had a gr8 sense of humour

And?