What is the destiny of Lebanon in the long run?

Forgive me if I get anything wrong here, I'm a burg that just binged a bunch of documentaries on the Middle East.
What is the purpose of Lebanon today, and in the future? What role will it play, and are the lebs special at all?

I'm asking this because I always assumed lebanon was just some garbage arab state, but after learning more, I've realized it used to be the most impressive middle eastern country by far, and that most lebanese don't consider themselves arabs, but 'phoenicians'.

The phoenicians were actually an extremely successful and impressive ancient civilization that invented many great things and were the first official colonizers of the mediterranean sea. But what makes them most interesting in my opinion, is that they were the first and most hated enemy of the jews. And now, 3,000 years later, they are once again the primary foe of the chosen ones.
In the Bible, ((Yahweh)) commands the jews to genocide the people of Canaan. A recent genetic study confirmed that of all the mid eastern ethnicities, the Lebanese are the true descendants of the ancient Canaanites. The Canaanites then became the Phoenicians.

> news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/07/canaanite-bible-ancient-dna-lebanon-genetics-archaeology/

So if the ((Old Testament Yahweh)) was wrong and the jews were not successful in the genocide of the Canaanites, what role will these ancient and mysterious people play? Today, they have formed Hezbollah with the help of Iran, which has faced off against and defensively bested Israel twice. Since their last skirmish in 2006, Hezbollah has 17 times more rockets. They possess 150,000 missiles, more than the entire EU combined, and their leb leader has vowed to burn the jews into ash and dust.

Aside from Islam, the modern lebs seem to be facing the exact same fight that their ancient ancestors did.

Here's some of what I watched:

> youtube.com/watch?v=ojiOLBt7q_Y&t=

> youtube.com/watch?v=uBObLQZdeq8&t=

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1003316
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3032072/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC18733/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1274378/
biorxiv.org/content/early/2013/12/23/001552
biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/suppl/2014/04/02/001552.DC2/001552-3.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Obelisk_of_Shalmaneser_III
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>most lebanese don't consider themselves arabs, but 'phoenicians'.
lol but they arent, they are just a bunch of self hating arabs

they speak arab, many of them are muslim, their culture is arabic or similar to it so how the fuck can they callthemselves phoenicians?

i can accept that a little if they try to learn phoenicians and leave arab culture and religion

Fuck off with this click b8 psuedo-science. Everyone has always known Lebanese Maronites descend from Canaanites, so do Jews. Let me red-pill you. There was this thing called the Bronze Age Collapse. During this, the Canaanite culture pretty much vanished. Northern Canaanites became Phoenicians, and Southern Canaanites became Israelites. There was no Conquest of Canaan, there was no Joshua, no Abraham, none of that.

Hebrew & Phoenician were both mutually intelligible (Canaanite) languages, they were closer than the Spanish & Portugese are to each other culturally. The most major linguistic difference between Hebrew and Arabic is the Canaanite vowel shift that's been preserved in Hebrew. Also, the DNA study you posted didn't test Lebanese Muslims, so this idea that Hezbollah fighters descend from Canaanites is pure WE WUZZERY. Lebanon was created to be a Maronite state, and only Maronites have a claim on the Phoenicians. The genetics which 'prove' they are Canaanites only tested Maronites, who are much closer related to Jews and Middle Eastern Christians than they are to Arab Muslims of any kind (including Lebanese).

because ethnically, they aren't arabian. they have some admixture but they are pretty much their own ethnicity. culturally yeah they're pretty arabized, but it would be ignorant of you to say that they are the same arabs as others. the christians are the ones appreciating the phoenician culture mostly, not the muslims whose identity is arab as you say. I read that most christian lebanese consider themselves Syriacs or Phoenicians and that they love learning about their ancient past.

>because ethnically, they aren't arabian
the muslims do. every lebanese muslims knows the year their ancestors moved to the levant from arabia.

>Lebanese Maronites descend from Canaanites, so do Jews. Let me red-pill you
they dont, sorry, lebanese may have canaanite blood and jew is not a race, retard

Get out of your basement, you post here way too much and all your posts are garbage.

I should have worded it better. you're right that the maronite/christian lebanese are most specifically the 'canaanites' of old, though phoenician is more specific. so if both were canaanites, but the lebanese were the phoenicians, then what is their destiny? the maronites hate the arabs and muslims I thought

the muslims have a 2% arabian admixture, the christians have a 3% roman admixture. neither are arabian or roman

Genetics paint a different story. This study done in a Lebanese University in Beirut clearly show Maronites clustering closer with Druze, Jews, Cypriots, and other meds then they do with Lebanese Muslims, Syrians, Bedouins, and other Arabians.

Source: journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1003316

no, you are wrong, lebanese are very diverse, you see people there with light eyes and hair and other with brown skin

and canaanites werent like that

so you believe askhenazi and sephardi lies?
oh wait, you are problably one of those, fuck off, askhenazis and sephardi do not have semitic blood

It's because """Lebanese""" is a nationality and colonial identity, who calls themselves Lebanese today was decided by some Anglo drawing a line on the map.

you are ignoring all the invasion from arabs, turkics and others

turkics invaded anatolia and you see the result today, many people there have little eyes and high cheekbones, same happened to the levant with arabs and turkics

>so you believe askhenazi and sephardi lies?
What the fuck are you talking about? Ashkenazi Jews hate knowing they aren't European, they cry everytime a study comes out which shows they have Middle Eastern DNA. Ashkenazis like (((Eran Elhaik))) and (((Shlomo Sand))) bitch and moan about how "Hitler would be proud" everytime a Gentile geneticist rips apart their shitty theories.

askhenazis are mixed people, they do not have semitic blood

they can be armenian, iberian, greek, slavic and germanic

the big nose thing comes from armenia and italy

Please leave. Christians/Jews mixing with Muslims was forbidden in the Caliphate, this is why they tend to be purer and closer related to each other. This is why Arabs and Turks have so much Slavic DNA (even more than Russian Jews) while Middle Eastern Christians don't have any of that DNA, it's because of Dhimmitude.

>askhenazis are mixed people, they do not have semitic blood
You post this in literally every thread about Jews. No geneticist that isn't Jewish agrees with you.
>they can be armenian, iberian, greek, slavic and germanic
Then why don't they show up closer to these groups than they do with other Jews? Why are they so closely related to Mountain Jews, who are Jews from Persia?

>Christians/Jews mixing with Muslims was forbidden in the Caliphate, this is why they tend to be purer and closer related to each other
oh so what about arab males taking women from them?
there are records they did that everywhere, stop your bullshit

i dont understand you people, the arab world speak arab, arabic culture, arabic religion then they have the fucking guts to come and say they arent arabs, after that they go to pray to a mosque

sorry you are all mixed, you cant claim to be canaanite, you CAN HAVE SOME CANAANITE BLOOD but you arent pure

if askhenazis and sephardi dont claim hebrew heritage then they dont have any claim to israel

you people are all confused, just look at yemeni jews, they dont claim hebrew heritage, they know they converted to judaism

why you cant admit your people converted?

>if askhenazis and sephardi dont claim hebrew heritage then they dont have any claim to israel
They don't have to claim the heritage for it to be true. It's a fact that Sephardim and Ashkenazim do. They are mostly Middle Eastern with some Southern European admixture. This is basic genetics. I've actually linked studies (done by non-jews), you've linked none.
>you people are all confused, just look at yemeni jews, they dont claim hebrew heritage
Yes they do you fucking idiot. Only some Yemenite tribes descend from Arabian converts.
>why you cant admit your people converted?
Why do you sit here on Veeky Forums and wait for a Jewish thread to pop-up so you can shit post pseudo-genetics? Why did you ignore the point about Mountain Jews being so closely related to Ashkenazi Jews? Is it because you have no response?

>. It's a fact that Sephardim and Ashkenazim do.
they dnt
>They are mostly Middle Eastern with some Southern European admixture. This is basic genetics. I've actually linked studies (done by non-jews), you've linked none.
they dont, all those tests can be corrupted and can be fake
>Only some Yemenite tribes descend from Arabian converts.
but history says they converted in between 300-500, they were going to convert to christianity but they didnt to merge in the byzatine-sassanid wars

they didnt get hebrew migration

you see sephardi and askhenazi with pale skin, light eyes and hair, what about them?

are the semitic?

did ancient hebrews were all like that?

stop LARPing, you dirty faggot

YOU ARENT HEBREW, YOU ARENT SEMITIC, DEAL WITH IT

>you arent pure
says the fucking Dominican KEK

>you see sephardi and askhenazi with pale skin, light eyes and hair, what about them?
How about Samaritans with red hair and blue eyes? They aren't Jews, they are non-Jewish Hebrews with pretty god damn light skin.
>are the semitic?
Yes.
>did ancient hebrews were all like that?
This isn't even coherent

All this talk and you didn't even name me one genetic study to back up your bullshit. I'll give you 5:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3032072/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC18733/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1274378/
biorxiv.org/content/early/2013/12/23/001552
biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/suppl/2014/04/02/001552.DC2/001552-3.pdf

>they are non-Jewish Hebrews with pretty god damn light skin.
hebrews were semitic people, semitic werent/arent known to have pale skin and light features

turks in turkey speak a mongoloid language, does that mean turkics were like turks?
of course not

>Yes.
>This isn't even coherent

ok bud, your WEWUZZING is going off the charts but lets just leave it to people that dealed with canaanites

pic related

egyptians portrait of cannaanites

>hebrews were semitic people, semitic werent/arent known to have pale skin
Yes they were you idiot. Have you never seen how Egyptians portrayed "Asiatics," with much lighter skin than them. The white one is their depiction of Asiatics from Canaan. Also, why do you again completely ignore the Samaritans, is it just inconvenient?

I've listed you 6 genetic studies. You've listed none.

you know that isnt the orignal pic right?
>why do you again completely ignore the Samaritans, is it just inconvenient?
because they can be any people just like askhenazi that adopted hebrew culture and language
just like anatolians adopted turkic culture and language
>I've listed you 6 genetic studies
so that cant be made up? you are very stupid if you believe those tests

i can do tests too and publish it

>because they can be any people
The Samaritans are autochthonous though. Samaritan culture and language developed in Samaria. Genetically, they are the gold standard, the folks geneticists test Jews and Palestinian Arabs against. They have been farmers for millennia, they are not new to the region. The fact that you think Samaritans are just random people who adopted Hebrew culture proves you know nothing of their history. The oldest Synagogue is a Samaritan Synagogue. The oldest Torah scroll is a Samaritan Scroll. Their script is a Paleo-Hebrew script, unlike the Jewish Hebrew script which is Assyrian. They have maintained Hebrew culture more than any other group.
>so that cant be made up? you are very stupid if you believe those tests
Do you just not believe in genetics? I've listed you 6 peer-reviewed studies, most done by non-Jews yet you are calling me stupid for believing science.

no. lebanese maronites prefer the mediterranean culture, and they are not culturally arabs at all. the other user is right. the maronites kept their culture, and they hate being associated with arabs. just watch a documentary on them, it's not that hard.

thank you. i have a maronite friend and he's light and olivey, and looks nothing like those gorillas you see who are part of hezbollah. the canaanite thing seems contrived now, but its no doubt the maronites were the phoenicians and that they are a different ethnic group and a different culture than the muslims

>I've listed you 6 peer-reviewed studies, most done by non-Jews
oh so because of that, they are saying the truth

you are naive and stupid on purpose

so that is why they rape and do bad things in australia?

>oh so because of that, they are saying the truth
You are the one making huge claims about genetics, yet can't back it up with a single piece of evidence.

ancient egyptians portraits, that is more valuable than your made up test

>ancient egyptians portraits
This is the same arguments Afro-Centrists make. I hope you realize the color part was drawn in by Westerners replicating the portrait. The original portrait didn't have the color if you actually look at it.

Just to conclude this argument:
>You can't explain why Mountain Jews are so closely related to Ashkenazi Jews
>You can't explain why Samaritans are so closely related to Jews
>You think Samaritans are just random people who adopted Hebrew culture and LARP
>You don't believe in Genetics, it's all lies and made up
>You think "Semite" refers to anything other than a linguistic group

This is why no one takes you seriously on this board.

Pic related: Samaritan Israelite women, she's a Semite.

Stop impersonating me you faggot

>34 posts
>4 posters

Why are you so fucking dumb ?

she isnt faggot

>>ancient egyptians portraits
>This is the same arguments Afro-Centrists make. I hope you realize the color part was drawn in by Westerners replicating the portrait
pic related

you just got BTFO

this is the original
they arent, stop LARPing

>show him a genetic study
>still in denial

kys

>she isnt faggot
Yes she is you Dominican mongrel.
>you just got BTFO
You've ignored 6 peer-reviewed studies and every argument i've made. You instead resort to pointing to portraits and citing that as proof. This is no different than the Olmec Afro-Centrist argument. Not to mention the Tomb of Seti drawings you are citing depict Syrians, Nubians, Libyans, and Egyptians. Not explicitly Canaanites.

Because hezbollah is made up of palistians that fled to southern Lebanon. And most muslims in Palestine are descendant from settlers that came from egypt in the 1800s

I'm always amused how people develop these wierd social psycho theories, who gives a shit if I'm more Euro or more semetic, no one cares instead in the context of Jews wanting to categorize themselfs, Sand is a lefty so why is this surprising lmao.

what do you mean by Yemeni Jews
Jews everywhere buy into the meme that we are from ancient Israel, some find it hard to accept something else but it's not some identity crisis

This is how Hebrews looked, Jews are Germanics LARPing as Hebrews

That's not a painting of a Hebrew. It's some Egyptian Slave you assume was a Hebrew. The first ever depiction of an Israelite is pic related.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Obelisk_of_Shalmaneser_III