What are your thoughts on Persian/Iranian thinkers? Specifically Omar Khayyam

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Persian_scientists_and_scholars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arab_scientists_and_scholars
transoxiana.org/11/kamoliddin-samanids.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They were great before these savage pigs mongol destroys pretty much everything the have earned.

As Ibn Khaldun suggests, it is a remarkable fact that with few exceptions, most Muslim scholars…in the intellectual sciences have been non-Arabs:

"Thus the founders of grammar were Sibawaih and after him, al-Farisi and Az-Zajjaj. All of them were of Persian descent…they invented rules of (Arabic) grammar…great jurists were Persians… only the Persians engaged in the task of preserving knowledge and writing systematic scholarly works. Thus the truth of the statement of the prophet becomes apparent, 'If learning were suspended in the highest parts of heaven the Persians would attain it"…The intellectual sciences were also the preserve of the Persians, left alone by the Arabs, who did not cultivate them…as was the case with all crafts…This situation continued in the cities as long as the Persians and Persian countries, Iraq, Khorasan and Transoxiana (modern Central Asia), retained their sedentary culture.

Typical north african wewuzzery desu

Why did they have arab names?

Same reason they worship arab gods to this day

Lmao

And write using arab alphabet

Ya this is true although there were important ethnic Arab thinkers as well.

This is true but the majority of Islamic thinkers for Arabs in particular were related primarily toward Islamic theology.

I think Rumi, Hafez, Al-tabari, Ferdowsi, Avicenna are cooler tbqh.

Because they were forced to assimilate by those barbarians.

They were not forced to have Arab names

Islam is actually what caused the golden age of berbers. Before it was just a den of bickering tribes that got rolled over constantly but after they united they formed kingdoms powerful enough to conquer Iberia for centuries.

Of course berbers refuse to recongnize this and shout "reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fucking evil imperialistic arabs" all day.

Lies, they were strong way before islam,

I think it's more Berbers who contributed to the rise of islam than the reverse.

The majority of the scholars that came during the "Islamic Golden Age" were from Greater Khorasan area of Greater Iran, especially during periods such as the Samanid Empire.

Scholars such as Avicenna, Al-Khwarizmi, Al-Biruni, Khayyam, Al-Farabi, and etc. were all Iranians, but they were heavily influenced by Buddhist, Greek, and Zoroastrian thought. Islam was not really important to their overall worldview, and in fact, they would secretly drink wine and do much more considered haram discreetly.

The number of Persian scientists outranked the Arabic scientists:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Persian_scientists_and_scholars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arab_scientists_and_scholars

In the Samanid Empire, Buddhist-Zoroastrian hybrids were very popular:
transoxiana.org/11/kamoliddin-samanids.html

You forgot Avicenna. The guy's especially based. He translated lots of Greek and Indian texts and built upon them to the point where he's called the father of early modern medicine.

> Islam was not really important to their overall worldview, and in fact, they would secretly drink wine and do much more considered haram discreetly.
I don't really agree with this. Whether they were good Muslims or not varies but Islamic values did have a impact on them.

And desu I don't understand why Persians are so heavily over-represented when it comes to science and thought in regards to Khorasan. I can name a dozen Persian ones and I know Khwarizmi for Tajiks, but I can't name anybody mindblowing for Uzbeks or Pashtuns. Literally nothing.

>The majority of the scholars that came during the "Islamic Golden Age" were from Greater Khorasan area of Greater Iran, especially during periods such as the Samanid Empire.
This isn't true, the majority were still Arabs however the Persians in comparison were much more represented in the the scientific fields.

>Islam was not really important to their overall worldview, and in fact, they would secretly drink wine and do much more considered haram discreetly.
I can smell the Iranian diaspora this isn't true either except for Avicienna.

I also wouldn't expect exhaustive lists from wikipedia if i were you.

>the majority were still Arabs however the Persians in comparison were much more represented in the the scientific fields.
Even the greatest Arab historian, Ibn Khaldun, acknowledged how the majority of scientists and scholars during Islamic Golden Age were Persian.

>I also wouldn't expect exhaustive lists from wikipedia if i were you.
Most scholars tend to agree with what I am saying.

>Even the greatest Arab historian, Ibn Khaldun, acknowledged how the majority of scientists and scholars during Islamic Golden Age were Persian.
But nothing in that quote you posted suggests that, and the Islamic Golden Age wasn't a concept back then either

>Most scholars tend to agree with what I am saying.
The "theory" that all scientists were closet atheists and drank wine in secret is relatively new and reactionary in nature and is parroted around by inferiority complex riddled Iranians

(F)ersians contributed nothing to Islam

Good, they don’t want anything to do with Islam anyway.

>they
sniff sniff
I smell an (F) diaspora

Shut up Turk. Your entire culture was ripped from us:

"Iran was indeed Islamized, but it was not Arabized. Persians remained Persians. And after an interval of silence, Iran reemerged as a separate, different and distinctive element within Islam, eventually adding a new element even to Islam itself. Culturally, politically, and most remarkable of all even religiously, the Iranian contribution to this new Islamic civilization is of immense importance. The work of Iranians can be seen in every field of cultural endeavor, including Arabic poetry, to which poets of Iranian origin composing their poems in Arabic made a very significant contribution. In a sense, Iranian Islam is a second advent of Islam itself, a new Islam sometimes referred to as Islam-i Ajam. It was this Persian Islam, rather than the original Arab Islam, that was brought to new areas and new peoples: to the Turks, first in Central Asia and then in the Middle East in the country which came to be called Turkey, and of course to India. The Ottoman Turks brought a form of Iranian civilization to the walls of Vienna."[1]

I should have just said there were more Persian scientists, which you agreed with.

Finally, someone who gets it.

don't talk to me (F) bastard you cuck of white subhumans housenigger punkass nigga

We should let 'em fight it out, don't even wanna be associated with either group.

look at me hosue nigger subhuman i have no problems with arabs i only hate whites and you suck little cracker dick like there's no tomorrow hence you're my enemy

You really want the empire back, don't you?

>but I can't name anybody mindblowing for Uzbeks or Pashtuns.
That's because there unironically aren't any. Not to disparage them but historically they've never been big on science or art unlike Persians since their cultures are more suited for warfare. But while they've never had many big thinkers they've never been as BTFO as Persia (Greeks, Mongols, Turks, Arabs and so on and on).

I heard Pakistan has a bunch of top notch Pashtun scientists within it tho.

Of course. Persians are Indo-European Aryans. No filthy Semite could ever come close to genius of Hyperborean gods.

Yes i want Ancient Egypt back.

You weren't even Arabs, why all the fuss?

Ancient Egyptians were Black you subhuman

>since their cultures are more suited for warfare. But while they've never had many big thinkers they've never been as BTFO as Persia (Greeks, Mongols, Turks, Arabs and so on and on).
The ones you listed all conquered Afghanistan alongside Persia. Afghanistan really has nothing going for it.

Go fuck yourself.

Actually, they more or less were.

Did a T*rk shitposter post in this thread?

Obviously

The t*r(d) is O B S S E S S E D with Iran, so of course he shows up in any Iran thread.