So why did Hilter sperg out over German nationalism instead of Austrian nationlism?

So why did Hilter sperg out over German nationalism instead of Austrian nationlism?
Would a fascist Austria even be historically plausible?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrofascism
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hmmmmm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrofascism

>German nationalism instead of Austrian nationlism
several reasons:
1. Hitler's father was a minor bureaucrat in the habsburg empire who had an elementary school education. his post as a customs agent gave him a secure comfy lifestyle he would have never dreamed of. He did quite well for himself financially (in the relative scheme of things) and he became an ardent habsburg loyalist out of gratitude for his success.
1a. Hitler hated his father, who was a heavy drinker and by all accounts had a strict authoritarian style of parenting. He had a giant temper and it's likely he beat Hitler on occasion. Hitler came to hate him and this included what his father stood for; the punctilious, stern bureaucrat and the Habsburg dynasty that his father the bureaucrat happily worked for. Yes, Hitler would come to run another bureaucratic state and German bureaucratic autism existed in the German Empire, but it's well known that Hitler paradoxically hated bureaucracy, routine and regularization, which indeed led to bureaucratic chaos in the Third Reich
2. Linz being a border town with the German empire (his dad worked as a border official there), it also had a population with deep links to Germany as much as it did to the rest of the Habsburg empire. A majority there actually looked to Germany rather than Austria for its future and they hoped for a union. Habsburgs were an impediment to this. Also, going back to Hitler's relationship with his father. German nationalism was "edgy" and seen as a vigorous, youthful movement, just as the German empire was a young, vigorous empire itself. So German nationalism gave Hitler a way to rebel against and outage his father, which it certainly did. But, again, the proximity of Linz to germany brought economic and ideological links.
3. Hitler's eventual move to Vienna where he took up a NEET lifestyle impressed him immensely. As his economic and academic failures multiplied, he identified the city with all of his shortcomings. cont.

Remember he had already read pan german ideological pamphlets since he was a youth. He read more of these in Vienna. Vienna had also recently elected a pan-german Karl Luger whose politics dabbled in xenophobia (for all non-germs, most especially Jews), and proto-fascist and nazi policies. Vienna itself was the capital of the Habsburg Empire and the multiculturalism, "decadence" and moral decay on display offended his provincial sensibilities. Vienna was teeming with jews and slavs from all over the empire. He didn't necessarily hate them strongly at this time, but the mix of races, the immense poverty esp. of the non-germs and the political deadlock he experienced in the galleries of the habsburg parliament gave him the belief that the habsburg empire was in terminal decline and the german part was being mongrelized and desecrated by the non-german parts of the empire.

>implying German and Austria are not one

Nice divide and conquer tactic Juden

>psycho-analysis

>Hitler hated his father
Not true. Read mein kampf

>psycho-analysis
i didn't apply psychoanalysis retard. i'm giving the context in which he was raised and why that context made him more attracted to german over austrian nationalism.

you mean his propaganda book meant to raise his reputation as a politician in weimar germany?

>it’s only propaganda if they do it

back to /pol/, stormcunt. i never said anything about jews

But he never said he hated his father

i'm writing based off my readings by kershaw and evans. it was a while ago but they provided sources to the contrary. perhaps it's more complicated than simply saying hitler "hated" his father, I concede he pick up a lot of habits from his father such as his attitudes toward women and his desire to control others.

How old are you?

is that the best you have? ad-hominems?

I was just asking for your age because you type really smart

Cause it was ethnic Germanic nationalism, not country nationalism.

Neither have I.

I'm in my twenties. I'm still not sure if you're being sarcastic though cause my grammar and orthology can be sloppy in my posts. But if you do genuinely liked what I wrote I'm glad to have been informative

he was a cuck

Dumbarse. You shouldn't give away personal information about yourself on Veeky Forums. Just from knowing the decade of your birth I've been able to track you down, James.

>james
wew, pretty close desu

Umm because he killed six million Jews lol?

>Nice divide and conquer tactic Juden
I’m 100% pure Scandinavian phenotype

He just wanted to get Germans killed in a pointless war.

Austria literally had a fascist government from 1930 to 1938
Hitler had its first leader assassinated and the second one kidnapped and sent to Dachau

Explain 1618 please. And why is he happy in 1914? The dual monarchy was dissolved

There is literally no such thing as Austrian nationalism before the post-war period. They saw themselves as Germans. It was only after ww2 when the idea of an Austrian idenity was being pushed. It's an artificial anti-German sentiment by the way.

Wow, that was cool.

I think its happy because the Eternal *ustrian wrecked europe

>Would a fascist Austria even be historically plausible?

Dude....

>Explain 1618 please
Thirty Years War