Read constantly

>read constantly
>barely retain anything
>reach the point where I'm constantly relearning shit I forgot
>must have forgotten what distinguishes the paleolithic from the Neolithic at least half a dozen times by now
MAKE IT STOP

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP

>he believes in the Paleolithic era

Try 're-teaching' what you've just learnt to yourself by writing it out in summaries or notes.

That's pretty much my problem too.

I use it to shitpost on Veeky Forums.

LMAO YEAH SPEND YEARS OF YOUR LIFE WRITING DOWN SHIT YOU SPENT YEARS OF YOUR LIFE READING JUST SO YOU CAN FORGET IT AGAIN LMAO

>not taking notes of everything you read, making Anki flashcards out of them, and reviewing a singular mixed Anki deck daily to ensure max retention of all new info you learn recreationally

>learning
tryhard faggot

What DOES distinguish the paleolithic from the Neolithic tho? Primitive metal working?

Don't read shit you aren't interested in. If you aren't having fun reading it you won't remember it properly.

pottery I think

>does metal working distinguish two parts of the stone age

For that matter, don't fret too much about forgetting shit you read, it means you had no use for it.

Your brain doesn't prioritize retaining things it thinks it can easily access externally. You're forgetting because your brain knows you can just look shit up again; that's not necessarily a bad thing, and why higher education doesn't focus on memorizing facts. Don't let it stress you out.

Pottery production. That's what neolithic means. Neo - new, lithic - stone; pottery is the new stone.

Are you actually interested in the difference between the palaeolithic and neolithic, or are you trying to memorise the entire history of the world?

I can never remember who exactly was the French general that had all those Charlemagne officers executed because I only ever stumble on it accidentally and then forget about it

I can't even remember what I had for breakfast some days.
It feels rreally bad actually

> what distinguishes the paleolithic from the Neolithic
farms, you dumb brainlet

Always go paleo.

It's monotheism and temples, you chucklefuck.

thanks, random chucklefuck on the internet. i will surely replace all the knowledge i have with the menstrual discharge of anonymous trolls on Veeky Forums

You will retain information much better if you reuse it, whether in actual conversations/work or by reformulating it for yourself. Teaching what you learnt to others is very effective for crystallizing information and also for spotting gaps in your knowledge you might not notice otherwise. This works well even if you only simulate it, i.e. if you imagine yourself teaching a subject thoroughly. It's a good distraction during boring times, too.

for every chapter in a book you read, summarize in a word document or something, the summation of it alone will help you connect all the facts and events discussed into a more cohesive narrative and will help you remember
also, muh synapses or something idk it's nearly 4am

Stop straining your mind with miscellaneous information. That is, stop spending multiple hours a day just reading Veeky Forums and supposedly other sites. Don't check your social media every 5 minutes for some new post or (You)
Keep reading, improve your diet if necessary, google the ready details.

That would be pretty hardcore user. I'm not that cool