"Mesoamericans were uncivilized savages because they sacrificed humans for their superstitious nonsense -until the 16th...

>"Mesoamericans were uncivilized savages because they sacrificed humans for their superstitious nonsense -until the 16th century!"
>Between 1500 and 1800, Europeans tortured, burnt and hanged 200,000 innocent people for being "witches."

Is that fair?

Two people a day for all of Europe isn't so bad.

Not to mention some prechristian pagan Europe sacrifice human as well
Hypocrites

I think the aztecs get too much crap for killing people for religious reasons, while the romans were doing it for fun.

Killing people for religious reasons?! how savage

2,000,000—4,000,000 died in France for it.

>Between 1500 and 1800, Europeans tortured, burnt and hanged 200,000 innocent people for being "witches
[citation needed]

Hamburg, 1573.

Kind of reminds you of the aztecs with those heads in a row

>>Between 1500 and 1800, Europeans tortured, burnt and hanged 200,000 innocent people for being "witches."
source?

your christian e-girlfwend weeve you becuz she found out you were a fatass?

? I am catholic

>Between 1500 and 1800, Europeans tortured, burnt and hanged 200,000 innocent people for being "witches."
I don't know but the Spanish inquisition only killed ~5000 people in 350 years
Less violent than 12 months in Chicago

that incident started as more of a rebellion.
And the only way to identify the rebels was by religion.

man being the dude that holds up the head for the execution has to be a shitty job.

They were reactionary. Also, christianity is bad, but white people moved out of it and was a blip in the history of white people. Whereas native americans were doing for all of recorded history across both continents and would vote for people who promised to practice these rituals proactively. As in, find people to sacrifice for no reason other than to sacrifice.

>would vote
Uhhhhhh

It was a civil war, huge causalities are fairly normal.

>execution of pirates

Incans voted for their kings

Whether its fair, good or evil doesn't matter. What matters is that their neighbours hated them for it amongst other things and that was a huge benefit for the spanish

The stuff the Aztecs did is worse because they are brown.

They were killing fucking criminals, retard

one is generally state sanctioned while the other is mob justice

>Executing Satanic worshipers to protect your community is the same as sacrificing innocents to Satanic demons

Incorrect, "witches" were tried, found guilty and sentenced to death by judge and jury. The Trier witch trials were ordered by an archbishop, and the pope gave approval for the inquisition to prosecute witches.

Your point being? The people Aztecs killed were prisoners of war, not their own population.

lmao LITERALLY [citation needed]

Aztecs killed their own, too. They sacrificed almost anyone

the scale of those buildings seems way off

The european witch 'hunts' took place within a couple decades, and during the centuries when courts even took the cases seriously, at most something like 20 000 people were executed due to accusations of witchcraft. And almost half the people accused were men. And the spanish inquisition was quite critical of the whole phenomenon. And the whole thing was about petty people having grudges or fighting over inheritance, and exploiting a dumb craze to get even.

>Is that fair?
No but it is a lot more logical.

Amerindian superiority seems pretty logical though.

>"Many reputable scholars today put the number between 20,000 and 250,000 per year for the whole Aztec Empire"
At the very LOWEST end this would be a total of over 2,000,000 for the entire duration of the aztec empire.

By 1550 aztec population i estimated to be ca 19 million.
From wikipedia:
Karl Julius Beloch estimated the population of early modern Europe, circa 1600, as follows:[1]
Italy, 13,000,000
Spain and Portugal, 10,000,000
France, 16,000,000, in its boundaries in 1600[2]
England and Wales, 4,500,000
Scotland and Ireland, 2,000,000
Netherlands, 3,000,000, including the Spanish Netherlands in 1600[3]
Denmark, 600,000
Sweden, Norway, and Finland: 1,400,000
Poland with Prussia: 3,000,000
Germany: 20,000,000, probably including most or all of the territory of the Holy Roman Empire outside Italy.[4]

I think we can conclude that the rate of sacrifices in the aztec empire were significantly greater than wich burning in europe

>Be european peasant
>Suffer from paranoid psychosis
>Say random and nonsensical things while possesing strange behaviour
>Townsfolk are concerned and mentions it to authorities
>Be taken to court where they review my behaviour
>They don't actually want to burn me but I'm rude and talk to things that aren't there, and since they have no other explanation I have to be a witch.

>Be aztec peasant
>Do litterally nothing out of the ordinary
>Be honest and kind and normal
>Gets randomly chosen to be a sacrifice

>be north Amerindian
>get genocided by eurangutans

>be MesoAmerican Amerindian

>be south Amerindian

In some festival the Aztecs sacrificed 3 times more people than the total of people ever burned for witchcraft in Europe. In 3 days

Your estimates are wildly off and no one takes them seriously

The Spanish Inquisition was mostly about remove kabab and remove bagel and SJWs use this to inflate the number of "witches burnt"

*eat your son*