Martin Luther

It's nearly 500 years since this madman btfo'd the Catholic Church.

Discussion thread:

How important was he?

What were his motivations?

Ultimately evaluate his effect on history.

Are you kidding me? and ppl tell me whitewashing isnt real?! FIRST of all, get your facts straight. Martin Luther did not have anyrhing to do with Catholicism. He was a black man - how can you deny this? King fucking led the black peeople of the united states to victory and we got rights and we were finally legaly equal to the whites. There are videos of him including the great I have a dream speech. fucking white people omfg.

>It's nearly 500 years since this madman btfo'd the western civilization
Yeah, what about it?
- Separation of Church and State
- Men in the place of God
- Democracy and equality
- Abolition of anti-usury laws
- Materialism instead of distributism

etc,etc,etc

I'm sorry. Your post is about a different Martin Luther. I was talking about Martin Luther King. My apologies

He gave Christianity another 500 years. Fuck him.

Islam need one too

t. satan

Begone Satan.

>apologizing to cucks

The cojones on this guy to go against the Catholic church in the late middle ages.

Still was part of the god meme.

In 300 years when it's just athiesm vs Islam we'll laugh at it all.

Never doubt Germanic autism.

So this is autism?
kys

market based distributism

he loved farts, really loved em. Defined him really.

“Almost every night when I wake up the devil is there and wants to dispute with me. I have come to this conclusion: When the argument that the Christian is without the law and above the law doesn’t help, I instantly chase him away with a fart.” (Martin Luther, Table Talk, 469)

“Again, the Lord wants to have his sacrament given to strengthen the poor consciences through faith. ‘No,’ says pope fart-ass, ‘one should sacrifice it for the dead and the living, sell it, and make a profitable business and market out of it so that we can expand our belly with it and devour all of the world’s goods.’” (Martin Luther, Against The Roman Papacy an Institution of the Devil, 1545)

“I was frightened and thought I was dreaming, it was such a thunderclap, such a great horrid fart did the papal ass let go here! He certainly pressed with great might to let out such a thunderous fart—it is a wonder that it did not tear his hole and belly apart! If I were to ask here, ‘But what did all the other apostles, especially St. Paul, pasture?’ perhaps the big fart of the papal ass will say that maybe they pastured rats, mice, and lice, or, if it went well, sows, just so that the papal ass remains the shepherd, and all apostles swineherds.” (Martin Luther, Against The Roman Papacy an Institution of the Devil, 1545)

>Let's destroy the Pope.
>no, actually, let's destroy the entire Papacy and the Catholic Church
>Believe me germans, I know it's going to be better for you

truly a memer before his time

>implying this was bad

>get rid of catholicism
>protestant countries take over the world

what did they mean by this?

>btfo'd
Protestantism is essentially dead and has zero reason to exist and its adhering nations know this, meanwhile Catholicism and Orthodoxy continue.
>how important was he
He was the Gavrilo Princip of his time, meaning he objectively plunged Europe into a nightmare it still hasn't recovered from
>What were his motivations?
He was an obese joke of a scholar nobody respected. Literally just him chimping out
>Ultimately evaluate his effect on history.
Oone of the worst subhumans to have ever lived. Set Western Civilisation back centuries due to his own stupidity, greed, and degeneracy

t. Father Pablo, S.J.

t.nigger feet kisser

t. samefag amerikikes

Mostly he was in the right place at the right time. Much like the similarly-named plagiarist civil rights activist of the 20th century, there was nothing really original about his message or aims. Christian Europe had dealt with hundreds of heresies through its history. But he made himself a celebrity dissident at a time when Europe was directing its anger less to the east and more among themselves, and the Catholic church was losing its always tenuous authority. It wasn't Luther that made Protestantism meaningful, it was the leaders of early modern nations finding new ways to separate themselves from the people they were at odds with. Luther just became a convenient face for history.

>know everything about Luther and Melanchthon
>know nothing about Zwingli and Bullinger
amerifats

>Zwingli
he had the same pig face of Luther
Is God telling us they are pigs?

>Wikipedia

Nice argument mate

t. butthurt taig

I certainly enjoy trash-talking him when it comes to the whole Germans destroying Europe thing, but he did the right thing. We probably wouldn't have the religious freedom and secularism we have today if no one ever stood up to the Catholic Church and its corruption (indulgences, anyone?). He'd probably be really pissed if he knew about his legacy (decline of Christianity in the West), but his actions still had good consequences in the long run.

>secularism
>good

>What were his motivations?
Pussy?

>religious freedom and secularism
>Something that isn't destructive

Protestant nations are the richest, most powerful nations in the world
Catholic countries relegated to meme status
Orthodox nations are global bad guys

>Protestant nations are the richest, most powerful nations in the world
Those are the same nations that define the 'Faustian Man' - they cut off themselves from tradition, mysticism, and the sacred. Protestants laid out the conditions for prosperity but the price for that was their soul

War between Protestantcucks and Catholics was basically war about economy. Protestants were greedy, non-christians that valued materialism while catholics valued spirituality

That is why protestants are such non-interesting faggots when compared to catholic nations

Literal Jesus incarnation! Thanks for proving our point

This has to be a meme post.