How did you find your way here?

Just curious anons. how did you find your way here? for me it started with the election. I saw a friend of mine have a total mental meltdown when Hilbeast lost and was crying about how everyone else was a racist nazi. That lead me to search out "skeptics" on youtube. which lead me to the HWNDU hilarity, which lead me to check out /pol/ for lolz. got tired of /pol/ because less funny more cringy. Then one day i was like whats Veeky Forums about. Haven't left since. Now only browse Veeky Forums, constantly

I hit 18, hated the idea of working 9-5. Remember biz, just click on there just to see if I can become rich. Saw crypto and I'm still 18 and in doing it with $3k starting.

Unironically a banner ad

I've been here almost 10 years

I've been here since dogecoin was shilled a lot on /b/, I bought first btc for high 800s on the tail end of the 2013 pump to buy doge. I came here a lot during 2014-2015 and remember always arguing with nocoiners. It was overwhelmingly no-coiners here during the lowest of the low times for bitcoin. Then during late 2015 to late 2016 I only went on /pol/. Then after the election was over I came back here and caught the magic and finally made it for real this spring after 3+ years of treading water in crypto

>literally found Veeky Forums in 2017

Found /pol/ after the '93 WTC attack, started getting interested in Veeky Forums during the dotcom bubble.

I was invited to the +2500 member bitpam Veeky Forums cryptocurrency trading/mining/coding discord server from a good friend of mine and he told me about Veeky Forums and I haven't looked back since

discord.gg/VpPrGmF

ghost told me to buy virtual coins when he was still broadcasting this spring, and then I thought "I wonder if this Veeky Forums board talks about this crypto stuff"

I used to come here before it was autism crypto central

knew about Veeky Forums from previous years. used to go on /b/ but that grew old pretty quickly.

got invited to a pump group that was full of pepes and autistic trolls, and figured it had something to do with Veeky Forums as well.

checked a couple boards to find out where all the crypto nerds were, and havent left biz since.

I've been on Veeky Forums since its genesis. Acquired some cash within the last couple months and instead of being a degenerate and wasting it on cocaine and pills, I'd invest it. Now I can still be a degenerate by scalping off gains. It's like free drugs.

I migrated from /pol/. Everyone there shit talks this place. Enough so that I checked it out. And now I think /pol/ is full of fucking retards

People here shilling Trumpcoin on /pol/

Mining shitcoins for over a year now since my hardware wasn't good enough for ETH. Noticed my shitcoin blew up in value in June,
cue the sleepless nights and bad decisions. Since then I tried to sell high and divest, I think I've done ok so far. Around these parts since Steve Irwin died of stingrAIDS, but only on Veeky Forums since the shitcoin boom.

It all started with me watching a video of leafyishere on that nazi girl evalion. She referred the greatest story never told and because I was bored I watched the whole fucking thing. I wanted to know more about the JQ so I checked out /pol/ because I heard they were fcking nazis. Veeky Forums shilling on /pol/ than led me to crypto. (only after the ethereum surge I finally got in crypto)

Started out on /b/ many moons ago. Got tied if it and started exploring thus ending up on /g/ and Veeky Forums. Realized that when you cut through the bullshit, some of the best advice to be found anywhere is right here on Veeky Forums. So I went looking again and found Veeky Forums. Now I'm a degenerate NEET coiner. I think I'm here for life.

I checked Veeky Forums every few months when I was bored. At the start of August I noticed the 5% of crypto threads had turned into 100%. So I put €6000 of my money when the market was at an all time high and I'm now seeing my money disappear each day.

Piratebay got its domains seized, I looked into decentralised DNS solutions and came across namecoin, and through that bitcoin. I thought "Decentralised money, interesting, good luck with that guys". This was back when faucets gave out 0.05 BTC. So much regret for not getting into it then. Recrossed my radar mid 2013 when the ongoing bubble pushed it into reddit. I finally bought in december 2013, right in time for the drop. Tried trading BTC, having basically no idea what I was doing. Tried without margin, lost some. Tried with margin, lost more. Bought dogecoin and held those bags for years. 30x'd some BTC on vertcoin's first huge pump. Used exchanges that don't exist anymore to buy shitcoins that never went anywhere.
Heard about ethereum, put the blog in my RSS reader. I doubted they could do what they wanted to securely. But after reading their stuff and seeing them launch successfully, I took a risk and bought in. Sort of lost interest mid 2015 - 2017, knew about the dao hack but didn't follow it super in depth.
Finally, after two years, I set down the heaviest, longest carried bags I ever had, and sold my doge right into the peak of the may pump.
The june surge renewed my interest in shitcoin trading. Despite being on Veeky Forums irregularly all this time, this is the first time I went to Veeky Forums. This was right around the peak of the digibyte pump. Clearly, you were all a bunch of fucking idiots. But I stayed because where else can I shitpost about this stuff and anonymously brag about my $1 ETH. Maybe you'll shill me a good coin one day.

wish i had not dismissed cryptos because of those trumpcoin retards, rediscovered cryptos and this board just 20 days ago

Could have made a shitload of money with Monero shit

DIONS bro, buy my bags

You mean IOC? I've skimmed and dismissed it before, but it's not a bad coin. It's just not good enough.

Someone mentioned Veeky Forums in a forum I was reading and here I am. Then I saw how people were making fortunes just by listening to Veeky Forums and the rest was history. The thing that pissed me off is that I have a friend that's known about Veeky Forums since 2004 and never once told me about it.

Been here since inception.

Im too sleepy to post my story, i just wanted to tell all of you guys that i love you all.

What was Veeky Forums like in the early days of ETH?

Did people see it coming? Was there a wave of hype early on? Was there a FUD campaign?

I'm 25, have no job, no degree and no life. I plan on investing like 10 bucks in crypto and becoming a millionaire.

Not that long ago someone posted some old screencaps from when ETH was less than $10 and people were shitting on it lol.

Veeky Forums poster for 9 years, freshmen to PhD.
Knew about blockchain since 2011 from friends who are into network tech, but didn't care too much. Knew about crypto from /g/, but didn't look into it. Lurked Veeky Forums the days it came out and in the phase when it wasn't all about crypto. Finally buoght crypto when Eth mooned and was in the news a few months ago.
I could be bitter that I didn't buy in early, but on the other hand I made 4x right after 3 weeks and now I code on goodlooking project on github and accumulate

I came to Veeky Forums a couple times for the hell of it last year and got shilled to buy ETH at $11, but I didn't have any income then so I didn't.
After it mooned, I realized that you guys shill some good coins here so I came back and became a frequent lurker. Now I have a 34k LINK and I'm ready for the moon.

BTW I was a regular at /pol/, /k/ and KC /int/

Good. Losses build character.

>muh pol
I'm glad you lost money retard

>mentally ill lefty tries to derail thread.

I first found /b/ a few months before user starting firing lasers at Paypal over Wikileaks. Must of been around late 2010. It was a pretty crazy time

I still remember the early BTC threads and completely ignoring it. So many regrets over that AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I first started visiting Veeky Forums almost 10 years ago now but didn't start on biz until a month ago. I knew about crypto back then but for some reason I thought the only way to get it was by mining it and at the time my only interest with it was for purchasing drugs from the silk road; I had no idea what a behemoth BTC would turn in to, forever regretful.

i was on /b/ when i was 17-20
then Veeky Forums from 20-26
now biz at 27
unfortunately i didnt invest in btc early.
i bought in at 2k

You are a smart kid.