Have Christian Friends

>Have Christian Friends
>ask them if I’m going to hell for not being Christian
>They use circular logic to somehow say I get into heaven because I’m a “good person”
>Ask then why even bother being Christian if you can just get into heaven for being a “good person”
>Call me a dick and Say I have no right to question their beliefs

Why is it so hard for these people to admit their ideology says I will be damned forever?

ur going to hell

Because with globalization and a rise in atheism religion adapts. My buddy John is the best guy ever but he fell for the atheism meme, omg no way would my awesome god not let him into heaven he's a total bro and is a good guy and shiet. poof, religion adapts to the times.

thank Martin Luther.

>"we don't need a dogmatic authority, everyone can think what they want to as long as it's in the Bible"
>500 years and an Enlightment later
>"Jesus was just like, a good teacher man. so says the dude, be excellent unto one another and stuff."

You're going to hell, behaviour is irrelevat for getting into heaven, you actually have to do the things needed to enter heaven, which are very particular spiritual things.
Christians just popularized the notion that a good behaviour is how you enter heaven, but it is not so.

That’s what’s i’m saying: the Bible (Jesus himself, even) says that there is no such thing as a “good person.”

A lot of Americans have this idea that “god is love and light” and that when people express anything positive that’s “god acting through them,” when we’re really nothing more than worthless pests that god has bothered to show any mercy to on a whim.

That's why Jews don't go about converting people.
Following God's law is very difficult. It's a challenge that you have to accept fully once you agree to the tenets.
But if you never agree in the first place, it can't be used against you.

What about when God sends the flood to kill all those people?

They never agreed to any laws.

You are being a cunt for treating your "friends" like this.

>Jews
Modern "jews"

Funnily Luther's problem was precisely the Catholic Church not being conservative enough.
Great job he did at rectifying that though.

>damned forever

Almost all Japanese are getting "damned forever" as well.
Christianity is the big thing in China and Korea.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather be "damned for all eternity" with all the animators, seiyuus, nerds, vidya enthusiasts and all around fun people.
Rather than go to heaven and have to share it with more Chinese and Koreans than I have direct ancestors.

they weren't killed for breaking Mosaic law. They were killed for being fucking degenerates.
If only the same would happen to you

Religion adapts. Catholic church is not as conservative as before, and the church changes depending on whoever is the leader; however, by the Christian idea that the Bible is the word of god, thus it must be infallible; therefore, the Bible truly sets what you can/can not do. That's why you have Bible literalists as well, no authority other than the Bible itself

They are just saying that to be nice, you're going to hell son. You won't believe it exist until you get there.

No.

>he is unaware Christian universalism exists
This is what most Episcopalians are (99% of my social circle) without realizing it

>their ideology
you know that "Christianity" isn't one unified ideology, right?
there are so many ideologies in Christianity, even in within the framework of one confession

so yeah, one Christinan can believe you're going to hell and another you're going to heaven. And that's perfectly fine.

>shit that didn't happen for 500, Alex

He's trying to maintain his friendship with you while also keeping whatever personal benefits beleiving gives him

You are being a dick and creating problems that you could have done without. What would you rather have that he annoy you with his talk of trying to convert you?

>and the church changes depending on whoever is the leader
why do people still believe this?
sad

>why do people still believe this?
because it's true?

just ask how Patriarch of Constantinopole betrayed his monothelete fellows from Alexandria and Antioch just to bond politically with dyothelete Rome in Constantinopole II