Do we even have the skill and craftsmanship required to make something like this anymore?

Do we even have the skill and craftsmanship required to make something like this anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagrada_Família
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenon_(Nashville)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Patrick's_Cathedral_(Manhattan)
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3FJxDsa-5k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. /thread.

Not sure if you mean that type of stained glass design, but we're definitely still capable of building big churches:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagrada_Família

Yes, in fact compared to most modern structures it is bullshit tier, it ain't exactly a nuclear power station just because it has pretty windows.

t.doesn't own a house

Then why don't we make them anymore, retards?

Yes, but no one will fund any projects for that stuff anymore.

We are

because most people don't feel the need to make gothic churches everywhere?

Absolutely, modern construction techniques make it much simpler. Did you know that there's a full scale replica of the Parthenon in Nashville. They really need to paint it though.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenon_(Nashville)

Doesn't resemble it at all, dumbass.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Patrick's_Cathedral_(Manhattan)

Sounds like a shitty excuse

go commission a church then, dumbass

Literally no similiarities

I would if I could, retard. Too bad you niggers can't do it anyway

That's not even in the same class of architecture and craftsmanship.

Yes. How do you think such buildings are repaired and maintained?

We can do everything the ancients did and better, but there is no point in making those architectural styles anymore because it's inefficient and a waste of resources.

We have better things to build that that pile of gaudy crap.

My church has a gothic facade

A 3d printer can do it easy.

t. retard

You realize gothic buildings aren't actually that architecturally spectacular, right?
They just have very pretty arches and stained glass windows

>not that architecturally spectacular

t. brutalism commie fanboy

That's baroque, not gothic
Do you know anything?

I never claimed it was gothic faggot I'm just posting nice pictures now

Then you didn't respond to my point at all

your pic looks like some generic russian oligarch house
maybe it was impressing back then, but now it's nothing special in terms of technique

Baroque is weird. If it's white with golden accents I absolutely love it, but once it becomes another color (especially yellow) it makes me want to puke. Why is that?

not sure

Why on Earth would we? What's the point? If there was a need for one then we would.

>why dont we build these? do people not know anymore?
>we can, we just dont want to because its not worth the cost
>lmao thats a shitty excuse, faggot dumbass retard

Literally this thread.

On topic, there is something oddly enchanting about baroque cathedrals, but they really serve no purpose other than looking pretty. The time of huge ass churches is long gone, people preffer a big screen and a metric fuckton of speakers singing and dancing to music.

It's a real shame, because we could build so much better, and one concept I've always wanted to see realized is a vertical church, just to see if it could be done.

I hate humans

>we need to pastiche medieval shit because muh superior old aesthetics
or something like that

The Jews

lmao he hates himself

I hate everyone who posts on this board

I am no petty human
Don't assume my species

Churrigueresque'd

Why build gothic when we can build art deco?

Thats sickening. What is appealing about blasting every milimeter of human senses with tawdry gold accents? There is no rhyme or reason here. Its just excessive and idoltry

Take that Saturn worship out of here

why build churches when we can build schools?

You're right pastor Anderson we should just have church in an abandoned strip mall instead

This kind of shit is easy to build idiot. The reason they make new building look so wacky is to push the boundaries of how they can build stuff. New cathedrals don't get built because nobody goes.

t. sarah silverman
>why cant the catholic church just sell all of its assets and give it to an arbitrary charity of my choosing

Literally every other cathedral and gothic temple on earth looks better than that hot mess. Spamming gold like a glitter bomb isn't beauty, nor good taste nor holiness, it just vain distraction. Pic related, good taste.

Keep justifying your idol worship.

Stained glass is for front doors.
>hurr we got a window
>hurr u can't see throu any of it though

At least the Byzantines and later Romance artists were smart enough to just paint on the fucking ceiling.

>glass on doors
Retard.

>wasting money on gaudy ornaments that distract from the spiritual side of the liturgy
Reminder that idolatry is still heresy

>implying
the pinnacle of Christian liturgy is the TLM, it deserves to be celebrated in an edifice that duly glorifies God

>Glorification
Idol Worship. Jesus taught in literal huts. You somehow think building a billion dollar gold studded fortress on a hill makes you more holy than someone who practices with friends and family in a barn or a local church?

It isn't the 1st century anymore though.
Jesus founded a Church that was to be the instrument of salvation for all of humanity, and designed the natural world and all its precepts-- including that of the visual arts-- in order to lead humanity to recognize the awe-inspiring beauty of the transcendental God.

I'm sorry that you feel as if some angles and gold leaf is somehow equatable to God.

No matter how hard you do mental gymnastics to affirm your idol worship, it doesn't change the fact that haphazardly spilling gold all over a wall is far from aesthetic in light of a more smooth, angular edifice.

>the Great Commission is mental gymnastics
>Almighty and Eternal God is constrained by some wood and paint
Okay, bud.

If you don't understand the difference between idol worship and celebrating the glory of God, there's no point explaining.

I don't get the goldnigger shit either.

>ooh check out mah JESUS BLING

It's ostentatious.

>the Great Commission COMMANDED me to spend years of labor carving out these statues and gliding them in gold yessirreee

This level of delusion

>It's not holy nor christian unless its a gold-studded fortress
Your the kind of person to become a Christian after seeing The Crusades paintings and reading about the Spanish Inquisition.

Unless the Lord build the house, they labor in vain who build it.

>It's not holy nor christian unless its a gold-studded fortress
I never said that. Holiness doesn't come from gold, or beauty, or anything of the sort. But anything can be used to celebrate holiness. Shitting on the way some people chose to show their devotion to God is unkind and hypocritical ; in other words, not Christian.

Projecting much?

Yes we can do it because thwy need c9nstant repairs and need to keep the same aesthetic

Just like when they fixed that royal castle in England that had a fire in it like in the 80s/90s?

Heresy isn't christian. "My way" and not the Bibles way is a gateway to satanic and hypocritical behavior, you are almost a Mormon.

Show me any part of the Bible that describes what is and isn't allowed to be used to celebrate the glory of God.
I'll be waiting.

Idol Worship is a big no no. I'm sorry your version of the bible edited that part out to be complicit with neo-christians and their "gays can go to heaven too!" narrative. Go build another Vanity Castle with a holy excuse in mind.

>doesn't answer the question
>keeps rambling about idol worship
Oh, so you're a Muslim then. That explains that.

>We just built this Golden Calf to celebrate the glory of god, what's your problem Moses?

>And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
So, are you telling me that we are "making gods" when we build ornate churches ? Or are you just retarded ?

You are literally sugar coating idol worship with "It glorifies god, its ok XDDDD"

There is no argument to be had because you lack an argument.

You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what "idol worship" is. It's not so difficult, though. Idol worship means worshipping idols.

lol I love going on Veeky Forums and reading the words of my pastor as a child. People that never grew up in Christian environments probably think this guy is trolling, but in fact these are legitimate Christian arguments I used to hear all the time. My pastor was always shitting on catholics, they're petty people.

It has a certain charm to it, even if it is a little distracting to religious worship.

*protestants are petty I mean, they're always going on about the catholic vices because they're jealous

>all of creation when properly aligned to His will glorifies God the Creator, and mankind has been elevated above all other things, endowed with unique abilities proper to our species, to carry out the task of worshipping His name

>the only proper way to worship an eternal, omnipresent, omnipotent God is with nondescript buildings because art and architecture that's too pretty is L I T E R A L L Y another god

Yup because they were definitely worshipping Yahweh with the Golden Calf, right?

>proestants are jealous of something they consider to be a grave sin
Huh?

yeah yeah I've heard it all before

I certainly wouldn't put it past them. Protestants tend to be extremely hypocritical and focused on appearances.

Again, why would you be jealous of someone for something you actively detest and seek to avoid?

No

We also couldn't compose something like this

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3FJxDsa-5k

looks like The Venetian in Las Vegas

Protestants are heretics and bordering on Satanism. They hate true Christians but envy them, just like Satan hates God and envies Him.

WTF, I'm convinced. I'm preparing to molest a child right now

because your pastor wishes he had the draw of one of those sellout churches and so he compensates by being all judgmental

Nah, as a good Protestant you'd rather engage in corruption and adultery. Harmless vices.

there's no need to be condescending
Protestants are just Catholics that haven't finished the sacraments of Initiation because they've been deceived by actions of the evil one
pray for them to the Lord Our God

>adultery is worse than pederasty
Haha okay

>my sins are okay because there are worse sins
W E W
E
W

Modern architecture is better than all these gaudy tacky shit prove me wrong

Still no resemblance, kys.

Because we can build stronger and more adventurous structures far more cheaply with modern materials.

Just because we can do something doesn't mean we will or should.

nothing gets by you, eh?

Kek you're so delusional

Not an argument

No there's absolutely no way we could build some pillars and stained glass.

>It's another reactionary monarcuck complains about le wrong generation episode.

Then why don't we?

Monarchist here, we don't associate with mouthbreathers like him