What does this flag mean to you?

What does this flag mean to you?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41284464
youtube.com/watch?v=dOkFXPblLpU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

memes

Rednecks who don't know anything about Southern history other than what Merle Haggard and Charlie Daniels done taught them

Freedom, anti-authoritarian/totalitarian, heritage/pride.

I reminder of what could have been

miscegenation fetish

Traitors and losers who started the deadliest war in American history to perpetuate an outdated and barbaric economic system who I'm glad failed so fucking hard.

Racism

Why do people in portland and Iowa fly the confederate flag?

a "fuck you" to northerners and city folks

Traitors and losers

Racism

purest form of love

addiction to blacked.com

Because they think it means this

The argument for that meaning usually falls apart as they quickly begin to show how racist and backwards they actually are.

>anti-authoritarian/totalitarian
>had literal chattel slavery

People should start chanting something like
>the do it again bomber harris

t. brainlet

That shit was hilarious because it was true. Stay mad, dixiecuck

>racist

That word means nothin nowadays. Especially when you consider that it was invented by a communist

Blacks were not considered men back then. Even today that discussion is open for debate

Do it again, General Sherman?

Change the word to whatever you want, it doesn't change the type of people imbuing a fictional history and dream upon that flag.

>chattel slavery
>also, a good chunk of the population isn't actually considered human
This doesn't make it any better, you know?

yeah. Someone should make a pic like the bomber harris one.

You are brainwashed. Please learn the true history of the southern people

nah, he thinks gravy and being consistently butthurt is part of his heritage.

is he, dare I say it...

Losers

No one said they weren't human. They are not however sentient beings capable of building civilizations that rival that of Europeans.

Also>slavery

What an ugly word. Is a pet dog a slave?

>knows war his hell.
>determined to end it quickly as possible.
>best bros with grant, both had each other's backs.
>arguably the first modern general.
/ourguy/

>european
is this going to be the new "We wuz wheat?"

I'm not talking about 1800's Southerners or Confederates, I'm talking about modern degenerate Juggalo's running around Ohio with this shit painted on their pick up or hanging in their trailer pretending they have a connection to it.

>What an ugly word
It literally was chattel slavery. You can't even mask it as shit like forced labour or indentured service or other shit like that

Last I checked they were compensated with food and shelter. How is that slavery? Look at real slavery like what arabs did.

>arabs didn't feed their slaves or house them.
>dixie "logic"

See.

Why aren't there any decedents of African slaves in Arab countries?

How else were they going to get that cotton picked?

>there aren't any.
>egypt doesn't have any dark skinned people.

>Dixies try withholding cotton from the world market.
>Crash their own economy
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

> Arab slaves could buy their freedom in time because they were given a stipend.

Arab/Ottoman slavery was more like Roman slavery than Southern Slavery.

>WE WUZ
oh man. You're either a nigger or a troll

Good effort

american outlaw flag.

Australians have a similar one from our short lived half assed revolution (which was actually about gold) known as the Eureka stockade.

>egypt doesn't have any dark skinned people.
>razziya sultana didnt' have a BBC pet for herself.
>There aren't people of african heritage living in Gujarat.

Egypt was originally Greek. The people there are Muslim. NOT BLACK

>Egypt was originally Greek

>when a non white gives it opinion

Inbred racisim

>brown hair
>white

t. retard

It means I am about to hear a loud "YEEEEEE!" followed by a loud "HAW!"

The fuck you got against gravy?

I mean I live in the South.
People who have those flags on their trucks or person are so historically ignorant they wouldn't know the Lost Cause revisionism if it spit in their instant grits

They put their money where their mouth was. And for that they earned eternal glory.

nothing. Its the only redeeming thing about southern culture in general. Different parts of the south have their own different things that are cool, but the south has a whole has gravy (good) and butthurt.

BRING THE GOOD OL BUGLE BOYS AND SING ANOTHER SONG
SING IT WITH A SPIRIT THAT WILL START THE WORLD ALONG
SING IT AS WE USED TO SING IT FIFTY THOUSAND STRONG
WHILE WE WERE MARCHING THROUGH GEORGIAAAA

DO IT AGAIN
GENERAL SHERMAN

>Egypt picks up the slack, making it rich as fuck

*banjo music starts playing*

I learnt more from singers than I ever did from a scribe.

traitors

>Yankee calling anyone a traitor

and india

Traitors to the nation.

a reason to argue with a leftie

The US forced itself to exist and forced England to recognize it as a separate entity. The Confederacy was never strong enough to have any real global influence and actually assert it's independence, and so they don't get to complain.
To summarize, bunch'a traitors and losers, it's not treason if you win.

Literally no one in the South cares about the civil war and yet it still makes yankees foam at the mouth with butthurt.

>it's not treason if you win.
Except it literally is by the standard definition of the word "treason."

A gaggle of hateful aristocrats who threatened to destroy the nation they hailed from when their parasitic economic decisions started catching up to them and got a truly stunning amount of healthy, strong-willed Americans killed over it. It ought to be treated with the same animosity as the Germans give the Nazi flag.

Traitors

>when you're so butthurt that you start imagining that everyone else must be butthurt except for you and even after over 150 years of reee'ing about muh rebels
>get called traitor
>kill, imprison, or otherwise force the flight of anyone that can enforce that claim
>no longer any actual force to commit treason against
stay mad

Honestly it makes me think of my relatives who do nothing but watch fox news all day and post hardcore conservative memes with misspellings on Facebook.

Pic related, what said relative actually had as his facebook profile for a little bit.

> Literally no one in the South cares about the civil war

> organizes a rally to prevent people from taking down statues of confederate generals

i aint mad man but ill tell ya what ya cant go around changing around dang ol meanins of words like that it just aint good conversatin

>I'm not triggered, YOU'RE triggered
m8...

Anyone posting on the history board should be able to understand that the idea of preserving historical monuments is bigger than any individual conflict.

Everything wrong with normies talking about history

>rallies were overwhelmingly opposed and ultimately failed

The statues we're talking about can barely be considered monuments, let alone historic. A number of mayors in the early 1900s decided to honor their population of dying Civil War veterans by erecting cheap, shoddy statues of random Confederate generals. Unless you want to imply all statues are innately priceless the city loses nothing of notable value by demolishing these statues.

Not all the statues in question are like that. They took down General Lee's statue in Dallas:

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41284464

I was born and raised in the south.
I have conflicting thoughts about the confederate flag. On one hand it represents our right to fight what we view as tyranny from the government. On the other hand the only reason the south seceded was basically ‘don’t take my slaves!’, which is a shit reason. It’s not a right to own people.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE A NUANCED OPINION ON THE TOPIC OF RACISM AND SLAVERY WHAT ARE YOU A NAZI OR SOMETHING?!?!?

>nuanced opinion on liberty

>unironically believing in Lost Cause revisionism

youtube.com/watch?v=dOkFXPblLpU

>mass manufactured concrete monstrosities.

t. libertine

Dueling banjos. A guy in blue coveralls drinking a jug of moonshine. That same guy fucking his sister.

reminds me that the U.S. is an empire run out of D.C. The CW was a test of whether this was a consensual government, and it failed.

Confederate battle flag

literally a random navy flag that never represented the country until more modern times

It hasn't got much to do with how much I can't stand niggers, I'll tell you that.

Fuck yankees too.

this desu

They got fucking rekt by the British.

Participation trophy

WHY DIDN'T YOU LISTEN?!

YOU ONLY HAD TO STOP UNLIMITED AND UNACCOUNTABLE POWER TO CENTRALIZED GOVERNMENT

>Moving ugly statues to muesuems because taxpayers didn’t want to keep paying for their upkeep isn’t preserving history

It's union lite, states should be their own entities and the federal government should only protect the borders and collect minimal taxes to do so.

Are you this butthurt that a couple rednecks couldn’t keep beating and raping their slaves?

You faggots always want to talk about how moral you are and how America’s moralism is declining but can’t self reflect and see how evil you are.

PS I say this as a southerner. If I had to choose a side concerning the ACW I couldn't, as I support both the union's goals/values and the confederacy's right to secede