African History

I have to write an essay for school on Sub-Saharan Africa.

What are some good books/ website where I could learn about great African empires, Philosophers and cultural achievements?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vLXOkZtAkPw
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkic_peoples
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WE

The Fortunes of Africa: A 5,000-Year History of Wealth, Greed, and Endeavor by Martin Meredith
>good introductory source, although it's fairly Eurocentric in its approach - its discussions of various African states tend to focus on when the Europeans showed up.

The Ethiopian Revolution and the War in the Horn of Africa by Gebru Tareke
>an excellent look at the clusterfuck that was Ethiopia during the Cold War. Although it's mostly focused on 1974-1991, it has a nice brief discussion of Ethiopia's history during the Scramble for Africa.

Dancing in the Glory of Monsters by Jason Stearns
>Admittedly haven't started it yet, but it's a pretty highly acclaimed discussion of the Congo Wars

And if you want some philosophy:

The Horn of Africa as a Common Homeland: The State and Self-Determination in the Era of Heightened Globalization by Leenco Lata
>A former member of the Oromo Liberation Front discussing various political philosophies with respect to potential solutions for the political and ethnic strife that plagues Sudan, Eritrea, Ethiopia, and Somalia.

underage

good post

The great black kingdoms such as Carthage and Egypt have plenty of material on them.

You could start by telling them "sub-saharan Africa" is considered offensive now, and they're racists for assigning you such a ridiculous and open ended subject.

What grade of middle school are you in?

r8 dis o say

They dont got none lol

might as well make something worthwhile out of these incessant bait threads.

youtu.be/vLXOkZtAkPw

This
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkic_peoples

>lol, NIGGERS NEVER ACHIEVED ANYTHING
is this what you wanted to hear OP?

Horn of Africa, Ethiopia, and Mali aren’t African. Also he didn’t ask for history of the Congo wars. He wanted accomplishments made by the African people

>Horn of Africa, Ethiopia, and Mali aren’t African
Of course not, they're all in Australia, obviously.

Stop playing dumb. They aren’t African in the practical sense. When we talk about Ebola in Africa, we talk about Bantus. When we talk about aids in Africa, we talk about Bantus. When we talk about the rape and overpopulation crisis in Africa, we talk about Bantus. Now all of a sudden when we want to talk about positives, we are forced to talk about everything BUT the Bantus. Why is that?

Medposter is that you?

Don’t worry about who I am. Worry about the truth. Why does Mansu look so arab? I thought he was African???

you're a dumb nigger making olympic mental gymnastics, just fucking stop posting

What do black people look like in your mind?

What’s the matter? BTFO too hard?

just do easy mode, ethiopia

>African History
There's no history if they never had a written language

Ethiopia isn't in Africa, it's an island in the Med