Indus River Valley Civilization

What happened to the Indus River Valley Civilization?

it always blows my mind just how long ancient civilizations lasted

nearly 2000 years
that's fucking mental

One would assume they died.

They got killed by people who actually had weapons.
I wouldn't call that very surprising. A civilization is not a state, or even a nation, but a large collection of people with similar cultures.

Yeah but consider how stagnant they were in comparison to the modern world. Our technological progress over the last 100 years has been insane, whereas they in 2000 years never progressed beyond making shit out of bronze.

"Ancient civilizations", especially ones that pre-date written records (or at least understandable written records) are more continuities of material culture than they were empires or political units. It's entirely possible for such constructs to last millenia; and it's not all that different from something like "Russia" also lasting Millenia. Under different rulers and different ideologies and vastly different borders, but "Russia" has been around for ages. Same with other similar groups.

Probably a plague or something that we can’t measure

I'm almost positive that picture is from ancient Egpyt, not the IVC. Anyways, I wrote a whole essay about what may have caused its collapse. I'll post it here.
tl;dr: it was probably minor tectonic changes, the drying-up of the Sarasvati River, the introduction of wheat from the ME which may have made it more difficult for the central government to rule effectively, and increased aridity in the region.

Humans have existed for like 200k years. History starts around the time of the beginning of writing and large societies forming. Forget the last 100 years, the last 10,000 years humans have been making great strides. What spurred this massive leap forward in society and development is something I've wondered about.

>They got killed by people who actually had weapons.
No it died before all of that.

ARYANED.com

meant to say rice and millet, not wheat

Aryans arrive in Indus region centuries after even the latest accepted date of the collapse of the IVC. They interacted (fought with, traded with, became mercenaries of) the descendants of the Harappans, but Mohenjo-daro and Harappa were already in ruin by the time the Aryans arrived.

Nice

hahahahahha i ve figured this out already bro, if we did not discover industrialization we would still be living in feudal societies, its simple man. But now that I tihnk about it the past 10,000 years is quite insignificant in many ways when compare to the last 1,000 years

Thats Egypt

Devoured by wild pigs. India was always India after all.

Any civilization with a government is by definition a nation

There's no indication that there was any central government

The Pakistani goatfucker is at it again, give it a break you inbred tard, you've been already humiliated countless times

what did you get on the essay bish?

Are you saying they were tribal?

Pajeet pls, I hate both "India" and Pakistan, which have nothing in common with ancient India.

Nothing, the culture just changed over time due to influence and immigration from other civilizations.