Balkans

Can you red pill me on Balkan history pre-Turkish invasions? I heard it was pretty interesting.

Anything in particular? There's a lot of history there.

Also
>red pill
Die.

>Anything in particular?
everything

it was the same backwater shithole filled with war before the ottomans came even though balkanites like to pretend otherwise, only exception was the HRE part in the west (hungary, croat, slovenia and bohemia)

Ancient Greek city states
Achaemenid empire invasions
Alexander the great and the subsequent infighting
Roman era
Byzantine era

any of these are vast and interesting topics

Fucking this.

I love watching balkannigers shit on turks, when balkans were literally always a war-torn shithole even before turks.

Non-Greek Balkanlars I mean. I already know plenty about the Romans/Byzantines.

lol everything is the literal opposite of particular
seriously if you wanted to know a bit of everything you do know that google exists right
have a clear question before you ask others

>including Turkey in the balkans

'no'

A shithole that almost crashed the Venetian economy with the quality of counterfeit coins? That caused such disdain that Dante put a Serb king in hell for it?

early celtic migrations
formation of different thracian kingdoms and tribes
rome
attila the hun wrecking havoc
gothic and other assorted barbarians invasions and raids
slavic invasions/migration in the 6th century
bulgarian invasion/migration in the 7th century
russian invasions of the 8th century
crusader invasions
mongol invasions

the place was a train station of war and general mayhem for most of it's history

ignorance of history is not substitute for a valid opinion, the balkans were the prime corssroads both east and west and north and south, they were a battlefield of almost all of eurasia and do have fascinating history, quite the contrary, the region only became dull during the ottoman times

Being assblasted doesn't really affect history, no matter how much you want it to.

They were wh*Tes turned into black bulls

t.barbarians
During those times, you were all rolling in your own shit unless you were from the HRE or Byzantium.

Daily reminder that we wuz the first Slavic state.

On a more serious note, you have to be more specific OP. It's a pretty big territory and quite some shit happened to it. This
doesn't apply to all of it, for instance.

the Otto Man was always there, ready to strike
im not sure if they had anything to worry about in their backdoor when they were rising

they united the beyliks and as far as my history knowledge goes, only when they were stable and strong already the persian problem arised

the balkans were always fighting on multiple wars, the bigger kingdoms were strong enough to weaken the smaller ones but never enough to subjugate them and thus weaken themselfs too

The Seljuq Turks have only existed for 1000 years. The Ottoman empire was a shit meme, just look at Turkey today.

Actually the ottomans always had something to worry about.
>first it was the other beyliks
>then came timur with his gigantic army
>then the mamelukes started causing shit
>then the persians started causing shit
>then the russians started causing shit
>then ww1 happened

The ottoman empire made turks globally known.

Why didn't the Balkans get unified into a single state like what France pulled off? I'd want to see a Balkan ran by Romanians from Bucharest

>the ottomans made turks globally known
Who fucking cares

Compared to who? West Europe? It was even bigger shithole of small kingdoms fighting each other.