Hey, christians

hey, christians.

I live my life doing whatever I want, then repent on my deathbed. what afterlife do I get?

Depends on which denomination.

Protestants would say you're going to hell.

For Catholicism you just need to perform the magical rituals to be saved.

If you really regret your life and repent from your heart you go to heaven

I'm catholic, so just do the shit you gotta do and you're good.

You need to actually honestly repent. It doesn't count if you just go through the motions. Your priest doesn't have jurisdiction over heaven and hell.

You repent in hell you faggot. God isnt going to be fooled by half measured trickery.

>You need to actually honestly repent.
that was the idea

Only God and your conscience knows

If you live your life with the plan to repent later on, it's not going to be a honest one.

Doesnt work that way kid

You must be really immature to think just saying sorry after you lived a whole life of sin will get you a ticket to heaven

You'll go to hell because Allah won't believe your lies.

If you're honestly repentant? Then you'll go to heaven... eventually. You'll have to go through Purgatory for a while, though.
t. Catholic

Since I'm catholic I personally believe everyone goes to heaven. I doubt god would be mean enough to send so many people to hell.

It doesn't work that way.

To be saved you must:

>Produce Good Works (help people get saved)

and

>Live your new life IN Christ (living as much like Christ as possible for you)

in order to be saved.

>The tree that bears no fruit shall be cut down and cast into the fire.

Read the Book of Matthew, Ezekiel, and The Book Of The Revelation and you will find that not all those who claim Christ will be saved and that only "a remnant" of those who claim Christ will actually enter into Heaven and know eternal life.

That's not how it works.

If you sin all through your life knowing that you're just going to have a deathbed conversion (or whatever) then it's a sin of presumption and there's no contrition (perfect or imperfect).

More to the point you're gambling that you'll know when you're going to die and have enough time to ask for forgiveness before then. Must be nice being psychic.

You get reborn in Atlanta

Only if you understand what you did wrong, if you lived your life doing harm to others and engaging in sinful actions and felt nothing during all of it, you're probably going to hell.

You have to actually repent and feel truly sorry for what you have done. It's not like in Family Guy where you can declare that Jesus is your lord and Savior and just be beamed up to heaven even though you feel nothing for your actions

Well, if people outright reject God's gift of salvation, then He can't really do much to save them.

>He can't
>God
heresy

Just repent? The same one you are heading into now.

Actually become saved on your deathbed? Heaven.

So I tell you that you have a winning lottery ticket in your pocket for $10,000,000,000,000, and you want to cash it in on your deathbed?

Does that sound right to you?

He's right. If you reject the only means of salvation God has provided through the death of his only begotten Son, you have no hope and will be cast into the lake of fire.

Everyone who claims Christ as their savior will enter into heaven; everyone who looked forward to the messiah was looking forward to Christ, and will be in heaven.

Everyone whom Chrsit imputed righteousness to by their beliefs will enter into heaven.

Not everyone who says they are a Christian is a Christian, and some of them don't know it.

You're going to hell too, papist.

>God cannot sin.
>Not heresy.

Made me smile.

I think you mean "God will not"

>Protestants would say you're going to hell.

Not if repentance is sincere, and accompanied by accepting the Gospel's offer of salvation.

OP, the tricky bit with that strategy is that you have to be really sure you are not going to die unexpectedly, and you cant fool God so your repentance and conversion will have to be genuine -- which your plan makes less likely.

>Justification trough good works

GTFO

Good Works are a natural result of living in Faith, they are not a substitute for Faith.

I don't know why don't you do it and find out?

Were all the people in the world who did good works and then died without ever having even heard of Jesus actually sinners who deserved it?

yes