Do blue eyed have some evolutionary advantage / purpose?

Do blue eyed have some evolutionary advantage / purpose?

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.psu.edu/siowfa14/2014/10/20/fact-or-fiction-are-blue-eyes-more-sensitive-to-light/
youtube.com/watch?v=KELSthXPoSs
sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080130170343.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=xJdhDcLmljg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

No. In fact, they're a sign of genetic deficiency.

according to Varg they help you see better in the woods

They look better than brown eyes so it's sexually advantageous to have them

More sensitive to light.

It is supposedly easier to see in the dark since the lighter iris lets in more light than a darker one.

What the fuck does this have to do with Veeky Forums, though?

EVEN mildly sunny days are hell, lemme tell you hwhat....

&

Yes. Better vision in night.

This is why the Nordic race is naturally better prepared for survival in Europe than the swarthy races. The Nordic man is a natural-born hunter, not a dark-eyed barely white loser.

Of course. Everything has a purpose, nothing is equal.

A trait doesn't need to have any evolutionary advantages or disadvantages to be selected for. If there's no pressure for or against a trait, it can gain dominance simply by random chance.

That's why for example eskimos didn't evolve blue eyes because there wasn't any pressure to do so.

Blue eyes are more advantageous in dark climates because they're more sensitive to light, but brown eyes are more advantageous in snowy climates because they offer better protection against snow blindness. Could it be simply chance then that blue eyes were selected for in Europe but not in other northern populations?

>What the fuck does this have to do with Veeky Forums, though?
It's not but this thread is about ethnicity

it displays superiority

I've wondered about myself- Northerners tend to have white skin as the diminished sunlight makes vitamin D synthesization more difficult (so they evolved to have less sunlight-blocking melanin). But the iris does not produce vitamin D, and blue irises can scar when exposed to extreme light levels. Why is it advantageous to have a blue iris in any circumstance?

fuck off

>t.

/thread.

No. Eye color, and things like it are the result of pure sexual selection.

>blue eyes see better in dark
where is proofs?

It lands you mountains of Asian pussy because they think you're an anime character come to life

I wouldn't really say so. I have extremely blue eyes (which girls like) but several doctors have told me to always wear sunglasses outdoors or else I could fuck up my vision. However, I've only ever lived in places that have 250+ days of heavy sun on average.

So on one hand just being out in intense sunlight can fuck up my vision over time, on the other, girls go crazy over crystal clear blue eyes, making it easier for me to reproduce. Knowing that it's a recessive trait, any woman I have children with will have blue or green eyes

Fucking cringe. /pol/ is dead now none of you stormfag teenage shits can't even make new memes.

Since us blue eyed people are no longer silently stalking our prey in dark northern forests at night hunting, I'd agree that the most advantageous part of having blue eyes is that women really like them, including blue eyed women themselves.

If something has lighter colour, more light comes through. That's a primary school knowledge...

*stumbles on mud hut*

*fucks goat*

*fucks sheep*

*sucks dick*

i-i-its common knowledge

>doesn't suck dick
Fucking faggot
*is incredibly tolerant*

>Knowing that it's a recessive trait, any woman I have children with will have blue or green eyes
'no'

only white people have blue eyes because browns don't need good vision to burn in hell

Blue eyes see better in the dark and confer a sexual advantage

>white people can see in the dark

The odds of two blue eyed parents giving birth to a baby possessing any color of eye but blue basically 0% because the expression of highly recessive traits such as blue eyes implies a lack of their dominant counterparts.

Eskimos still receive more daylight per year than northern Europeans

Do blue eyed middle easterners have some evolutionary advantage / purpose?

Blue eyes weren't around long enough to evolve for hunting.
Do you have any evidence of them being advantageous in low lighting environments?
Also don't they make you more susceptible to snow blindness?
source?

no, they can see some shades that can't be unseen by people with brown/black eyes but they tend to lose their vision easier

sites.psu.edu/siowfa14/2014/10/20/fact-or-fiction-are-blue-eyes-more-sensitive-to-light/

>Scientifically, yes lighter colored eyes are more sensitive to bright lights and the sun because a lighter color iris allows more light to pass into the retina of the eye

So having brown eyes is like having a pair of low-level sunglasses on 24/7

He said "any women", not a woman with blue eyes. The odds of passing it on with a brown eyed women who also carries it recessively is about 0

can't be seen*
god I hate this cellphone

>There are only woods in Scandinavia

ITT: retards.

The biggest benefit of blue eyes is aesthetic. That's why it evolved. Not because "you can see 3% better".

>The odds of passing it on with a brown eyed women who also carries it recessively is about 0

That's false for reasons I just explained

youtube.com/watch?v=KELSthXPoSs

shit i realised i misread his post i'm retarded

your eyes are the color of mud you shitskin

No you didn't, I took the liberty of assuming that he meant any woman with blue eyes, if that's not the case then he doesn't know what recessive means

Blue eyes are from a lack of melanin throughout the body.
Light skin allows for more vitamin absorbing from the sun, and that simply has the blue effect on the eyes.

Wait shit now I realized that I read it wrong. He could have avoided confusion by typing "must" instead of "will"

The Western Hunter Gatherers mostly had blue eyes for reasons we don't exactly know why. Then when they mixes with the Neolithic Farmers they became a minority in Europe. But when the Indo-European people arrived they killed off all the farmer men and bred with the women deemed the most pretty to them, aka those with light features.

i guess we're both retarded
also that video you posted it complete bollocks
>if the two parents have brown eyes there's a 25% chance the kid won't have brown eyes
highly curious how that works out in east asia and africa. He should also have stated if the parents were carriers of recessive eye colour genes or not

At least what they taught me in high school it went like this: If you carry "blue-blue" your eyes are blue. If you carry "brown-blue" your eyes are brown but you are also a carrier of the blue eye gene. If your parents are both "brown-blue" THEN you'd have a 25% chance of having a blue eyed kid.

Well it only considers white people's eyes

It's also the case for whites though. if two "brown-blue" parents pump out a "brown-brown" kid that kid will basically have 0% chance of having a blue eyed child
Also if a biologist is reading this and his eyes are bleeding i'm deeply sorry

The figures are still accurate because it has to consider the possible ancestry of all people of the same eye color, so if the eye color of two parents is the only information you have available it's useful. The 0% figures are misleading though

>The figures are still accurate because it has to consider the possible ancestry of all people of the same eye color, so if the eye color of two parents is the only information you have available it's useful
No, the only numbers in that video that might be somewhat correct are the ones that don't involve the colour brown, as blue is always recessive and i don't know jack shit about green.

For brown it's wrong as you would need to know what % of the population with brown eyes carries the blue eye gene. So with a population of nearly 100% blue eyes like in Scandinavia it's extremely likely someone with brown eyes would carry the blue eye gene, so here the numbers of the video would be correct, but this is the best case scenario (least amount of brown). The more south you go the closer this number goes to 0.
Just look at Southern europe, almost everyone has brown eyes and the odds of the kids having non-brown eyes is extremely small and certainly not 25%.

It look good. Eyes like the sky.

Brown eyes are like an anus

Explain how all blue eyed people are descended from one common ancestor if your theory is true

assuming he got his blue eyes out of nowhere
>be pure blue
>everyone around you is pure brown
>all your kids are guaranteed to be brown eyed but carry the blue eye gene
>if they all mix with pure browns too all of the offspring will have brown eyes but half of them will carry the blue eye gene
>pump out enough kids as a recessive carrier and two recessive carriers eventually meet up
>you now have a 25% of having a child with blue eyes
>if the lads with blue eyes and recessive carriers have slightly more offspring blue eyes and carriers of the gene will become more and more common
>fast forward 10,000 years
>blue eyes are now common in certain parts of the world

But again i'm not a biologist, this is basically what they thaught me in highschool

not him but,
sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080130170343.htm

a little better in low light, but honestly it's just a double edged trait some people like to take as part of a min/max build and cause it looks cool.

Not at all disqualifying in places with lots of light either, just recessive.

my guess is that blue eyes are better suited to see in darker environments

Blue eyes did very well in Central Asia, doesn't compute.

Must be a combination of geographical and solar factors, specific kinds of environments.

White people are unnatural disgusting cave beasts descended from Esau. This video is further proof that God hates the white devils and wants nothing to do with them

youtube.com/watch?v=xJdhDcLmljg

white people love the sun so much they specifically adapted to make the most of it's rays

>did very well
>became extinct due to an invasive competitive population
Pick one

those are indo-europeans though, they aren't native to central asia. they must have recently migrated there and they haven't adapted to the climate yet

>became extinct
idiot

>indo-europeans though, they aren't native to central asia
>haven't adapted to the climate yet
horses aren't adaptive to the steppe?

It's a manifestation of evolution. Most evolved phenotype features are attractive. They don't even need to do anything. Just expressing that you're further along the evolutionary chain will attract mates who desire that same genetic diversity.

There's a real good reason that the worlds biggest sex symbols aren't the oldest humans from Africa.

evolution isn't progressive

If you say so.

KYS cuck

>people instinctively desire genetic diversity
how would this evolve

He is right though when the Indo-Europeans arrived in Central Asia they slaughtered their swarthy Yamnaya cousins who in turn had slaughtered some ANE derived population themselves.

Careful kiddo, don't get your prick twisted with that edge.

>There's a real good reason that the worlds biggest sex symbols aren't the oldest humans from Africa.
Hmm, because people don't want to fuck fossils? What?

>muh evolutionary chain of existence
Holy shit how did you build a time machine in the 17th century

Only during population bottlenecks. Alleles cannot spread significantly into a large population without selection pressure. Eskimos don't have blue eyes because they never mutated it, which is a different thing from spreading a mutation. Mutation is random, selection is weighed towards advantageous genes.

>If something has lighter colour, more light comes through
So you think blue paint lets in more light than dark brown translucent sheet of vinyl?
I know you'll say "but in this case they're both eyes", but it is possible that blue eyes have different internal properties to brown ones -- that is the difference between green and blue eyes, after all.

It's a mutation derived from being supposed to have brown eyes, but the Melanin levels in your eyes somehow got fucked up.

No they aren't, it's a benign genetic mutation.

If the colour were in the pupil, he'd be right, but it's in the iris, so you're right.

This is just weak Varg, even by your standards.

BTFO most of this thread and selectively ignored.

Based truth poster.

Of course, this doesn't answer what advantage the blue eye allele has. It could theoretically also spread by happening to be linked to other traits. Maybe blue eye patient zero happened to be a great conqueror, this not having anything to do with blue eyes, who sired many offspring who also had favorable social standings due to dynastic reasons. Or blue eyes managed to get linked to another gene, with high genetic linkage (low chance of recombination separating the two traits), and the other gene did all the heavy lifting. There could be a hundred reasons for the proliferation of a gene when you try to list all the selective advantages, from beauty to lower skin pigmentation to night vision to aryan laser vision. You'd require research into effects to be able to draw any solid conclusion

I might be wrong but I think it's well established that most of the world, being brown eyed, are attracted to blue eyes.

It's supply and demand, most people lack blue eyes, and a lot of people want to mate with the blue eyed.

It's an interesting theory that the patient zero might've been fit generally. I can see how a sickly looking person with blue eyes might've been avoided and never reproduced.

HISTORY AND HUMANITIES

This is a anthropological subject, which is historical. Especially since blue eyes are relatively recent.

B L U E E Y E D C U C K

E Y E D

C U C K

>There is now evidence that blue eyes are linked to feminization of face shape.

>Both blue-eyed and brown-eyed women showed no difference in their preferences for male models of either eye color, but blue-eyed men were more attracted to blue-eyed models than brown-eyed ones.

>Attractiveness showed no relation with eye color. In contrast, eye color had a significant effect on perceived dominance in males: brown-eyed men were rated as more dominant than men with blue eyes.

>In contrast with blue-eyed males, brown-eyed males have statistically broader and rather massive chins, broader (laterally prolonged) mouths, larger noses, and eyes that are closer together with larger eyebrows. In contrast, blue-eyed males show smaller and sharper chins, mouths that are laterally narrower, noses smaller, and a greater span between the eyes.

>Jews and Roma, like other populations of Mediterranean or southwest Asian origin, tend to have brown eyes and a more robust face shape. Conversely, Germans are likelier to have blue eyes and more gracile faces.

"Brown-eyed individuals tend to be perceived as more trustworthy than blue-eyed ones," explain the authors. "But it is not brown eyes that cause this perception. It is the facial morphology linked to brown eyes."

>Blue-eyed people live there for thousands of years
>Mongoloids come in and slaughter them
>LOL SEE THEY DID NOT DO VERY WELL!111
?

>There is now evidence that blue eyes are linked to feminization of face shape.
Another nigger propaganda bullshit like FWHR meme.

Don't be mad, you can always wear contacts.

Why would I want my eyes to look like shit?

You got a dog in this fight?

YES YOU FUCKING DO. YOU GO OUT IN THE PUBLIC AND IT'S A FUCKING EMMBARRASSMENT TO ME. YOU LOOK LIKE A FUCKING BITCH IN HEAT AND IF YOU GET RAPED BY A PACK OF NIGGERS, IT'LL BE YOUR FAULT, ALRIGHT? BECAUSE YOU PROVOKED IT. YOU ARE PROVOCATIVELY DRESSED ALL THE TIME, WITH YOUR FAKE BOOBS, YOU FEEL YOU HAVE TO SHOW OFF IN TIGHT OUTFITS AND TIGHT PANTS, WHERE YOU CAN SEE YOUR PUSSY FROM BEHIND. AND THAT GREEN THING TODAY WAS ENOUGH! THAT'S PROVOCATIVE, OK? I'M TELLING YOU, I'M JUST TELLING YOU THE TRUTH. I DON'T LIKE IT, I DON'T WANT THAT WOMAN. I DON'T WANT YOU! I DON'T BELIEVE YOU ANYMORE! I JUST DON'T TRUST YOU, I DON'T LOVE YOU. I DON'T WANT YOU, OK?

I wish this non-muslim female-control had a name.