What historical figure is your personal Hero?

Other urls found in this thread:

bangordailynews.com/2017/08/18/politics/robert-e-lee-didnt-want-monuments-they-keep-open-the-sores-of-war-he-wrote/
youtube.com/watch?v=3NqG2lAojNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cincinnatus. He was a nobleman called to lead his city state in times of peril, and both times he saved the country. Upon which he retired to his farms. He's the ideal citizen.

>autistic, sociopathic chicken farmer
>hero
Back to /pol/

And pagan, that makes it even worse.

Cool pick.

>smites your Pagan Tyranny with righteous Christian might

Would've been my second choice if he had killed a few Nazis while he was at it.

Thanks, it was a tough pick because I admire Julius Caesar for the exact opposite reasons. His sheer determination and ambition is admirable. Cincinnatus however wins out because he managed to be both a great man and a good man.

Say what you want you fags, he's real for me

Real or not I've always loved Robin Hood and his legend. Something about noble outlaws in a /comfy/ forest protecting the innocents and robbing the corrupt is wholesome.

Not op but bumping for interest.

Indeed, he's one of those who give me hope of humanity

Mine was Cincinnatus, it's worth a read if you like early republic Roman history. He was made dictator twice iirc and he gave it up when his term as dictator was over and retired to his farms.

This was a great man, who greatly improved American life by blessing us with the greatest car mankind has ever seen.

hey he has a very nice story, I will look it up tomorrow if I have time

While not a leftist or confederate-lover, I really admire Lee as a general and as a man. He literally didn't own slaves until he married and his wife's became his and he freed them. He was a good tactician and a good man. Shameful to see his statues torn down by people who don't know a thing about him.

Well, I agree, but I have one problem:
>Pickett's Charge.

Also, I posted the wrong pic. I mean Lee Iacocca.

ya got me there but overall he was a pretty capable general and a pretty moral man.

Also kek

Agreed.

Lee didn't even want him or the Confederacy memorialized. The statues didn't' start appearing until the 1900s, Lee died in 1870.
bangordailynews.com/2017/08/18/politics/robert-e-lee-didnt-want-monuments-they-keep-open-the-sores-of-war-he-wrote/

If you like Cincinnatus, then why not Washington? Like Cincinnatus, Washington was a wealthy member of the gentry called upon to save his country, in which he succeeded. After the war Washington retired to his farm to live a quiet life only to be called upon a second time to save his country this time politically. Plus, Washington believed in his cause. He could have been king if he wanted, but he chose to give the people a Republic. First in war, first in peace, he's the first in my heart at least.

I never said he did, I just think that the anger at the statues is flavor of the moment and that people demonizing Lee without knowing anything about him other than "Muh Confederate General" is asinine. I'm not implying you feel that way I'm just saying that's how it looked when I saw the statue issue in the news.

why Himmler ?

I also love Washington, he's definitely in my top 10, he lost out to me enjoying Roman history a bit more than American history, but Washington was so much like Cincinnatus that he inspired Ohio to name a city after the old Roman general who was so much like our founding father.

What city?

Cincinnati Ohio. I believe it was named after Cincinnatus as a homage to Washington for him being so similar to the Roman dictator.

Lee was one of the most respectable Americans to ever live.
There is no denying that. It's not political

Even Grant, and the other Union officers/common soldiers respected him.

Not sure how known this story is around the world, but I learned it growing up. It's that after the surrender at Appomattox all the Union troops removed their hats as a sign of respect to Lee, when he was leaving

I pray to him every night

Nigga didn't know how to pick the right side tho

Virginia wouldn't have been destroyed if Lee had been smart enough to focus on his duty instead of his fee-fees

at least pray to an interesting fascist
youtube.com/watch?v=3NqG2lAojNQ

It's sadly been forgotten by a lot of Americans, but my fellow countrymen also often don't know the purpose behind why there are 50 stars on the flag or who the first 5 presidents were so it's hit and miss. Lee was honorable and he fought in accordance with what was considered the rules of war at the time. It's just sad to see the uninformed raging about something they don't understand.

I get Himmler tho. I feel like my personality is similar to his.

>Lee didn't even want him or the Confederacy memorialized.

Of course, he was a humble man. Same thing applies to Washington. No one wants to make a statue of a loudmouth blow hart. The men who we want to make statues of are the same men who don't want statues of themselves made, and that just wants us to make statues of them even more. it's deliciously ironic.

Not even British and I give this guy a ton of respect.

>"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."

Interesting. Which parts of your personality specifically?

*blocks your path*

DO IT AGAIN, BOMBER HARRIS!

I feel like we share a mutual disrespect of human life.
Like I said one time that my cousin with down syndrome is useless and would be better off dead, and people called me heartless.
Himmler wouldn't have called me heartless.

Regardless of if you were right or wrong with your statement, you probably had no right to say it and is pretty heartless of you to even think other people were wrong in calling you a heartless person.

An artist

he's "/ourguy/"

>autistic/nerd
>envisions the SS as a neo-Teutonic neopagan order of Aryan knights
>takes over a castle in western Germany and starts renovating it and the area to be the order's seat
>muh runes
>funds ethnological and anthropological expeditions to find out what happened to the Aryans - they go all over the world, including fucking Tibet in 1939
>really really into Holocausting the Jews
>into all the wacky racial theories on top of being an unironic occultist

One of the few in life to have have the privilage of LARPing for a living

That's a dick thing to say. My cousin has autism and I don't want him dead. It would be better if he didn't have autism though. It makes me feel like untermensch sometimes

People with autism cans till accomplish stuff and are often quite intelligent, they just have communication issues.
People with down syndrome are just defective and inferior

Yeah it's like overweighting one of your S.P.E.C.I.A.L attributes in Fallout. My cousin has a great memory, but he's fucking retarded in every other way

This guy, drunken lunatic determined to defeat napoleon. Called 'Marshal Forwards' by his men. Got kicked out of the army by Frederick the great for being a drunkard.