Job: Oh, Lord God, why am I punished even though I have been righteous my whole life...

>Job: Oh, Lord God, why am I punished even though I have been righteous my whole life? Why do I suffer while my sinful neighbors do not?

>God: Hey yeah okay that's a great question Job no really great I mean it fantastic question okay but first listen right I've invented this fish it's called the Leviathan it's basically the greatest fish ever holy shit let me tell you about it the Leviathan it's amazing it's really the bee's fucking knees yeah hold on shut up I'll get to that you gotta know about this fish

Was it autism?

Other urls found in this thread:

labajournal.com/2015/02/not-even-god-has-worklife-balance/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>cant understand the depth of the Bible
Just because you don't immediately understand every part of the Bible doesn't mean the Bible should be thrown out as false, rather it would be more honest to assume you don't understand it.
>Was it autism?
No, God was lecturing Job for questioning Him when He is God.

good post, i hope this thread goes somewhere

t. Leviathan

Job: God this is bullshit
God: I don't expect a starving dog to bitch at me about the taste of the bone I throw it

God really really likes the Leviathan. He spends a quarter of his workday playing with the Leviathan.
labajournal.com/2015/02/not-even-god-has-worklife-balance/

It makes sense when you consider that the story of Job was written back when it was normal in the world for the gods to be dicks

God is like the ancient Rick from Rick and Morty

>worship an evil God like Zeus or Queszcoatl
>be suprised when he tortures you to death for all of eternity
serfdom was just the beginning for the christcucks

>evil
It wasn't evil persay so much of a wager

you don't know him very well then

thats, literaly, not what the book of job is about

also, job dosent ask much at all, he remain faitfull and stoic troughout, its the three ''friends'' that come to him that talk shit, some inventing excuses for god and some explaining how job must have done something wrong and so on

then god comes down and tells them they are full of shit, and continues on with basicaly - you think you got it bad... the fuck do you even know

>proud to be a cuck

its realy a amazing piece of literature, its like the bible is making fun of itself in that book, its one of the most realistic, gritty, existential parts of the bible, everithing is reduced to shit, even god comes down and basicaly declares himself indifferent and practicaly incompetent, apparently the universe is such a fucked up mess whats happening to job is a summer picknic

Isaiah 45:9

>I follow the inerrant word of emperor Constantine of Rome
>a very spiritual and holy man

>dude your wife and children getting murdered because I heard demons whispering in my ear is small potatoes. Im above the law.

>if you talk back to me im gonna fuck you up
That God got his ass kicked by a bunch of jews

when you think about it job does exactly the opposite, in some sense job is like a proto-ubermensch, he accepts all the shit and the pain and just decides to praise god any way, even sitting in trash scraping ulcers from his flesh he still chooses to be life-affirming

thats how you know its a made up story

morelike if you talk back to me itl make you neurotic and morbid, you will degenrate into a clump of endless rage, fear and hatred, and this will fuck you up and all those around you

A true indoctrinate explains. You are right of course, the moral of the story is basically twofold: Even if you can't understand why you are suffering because youve done everything right, just shut the fuck up and take it up the bum because the christian god knows better than you so don't even think about it and take it up the bum again.

Job is one of the stories you can really see that the authors of the Bible were evil jews. The whole point of the Bible is to thoroughly indoctrinate people into being slaves and to defer their sovereignty into the hands of the priest class and the jews. It's the old story of controlling the hearts and minds of the masses. Literally the only thing of value is the mystical quotes of jesus of which some of them are quite good(many are horrible though), no doubt jesus if he existed were part of some mystical existential sect who actually did real shit and were subverted and used by evil jews in order to make their evil book at least have some amount of truth to it for it to sell.

Dudes a bitch. EVeryone knows jews rule over his followers and spit on their religion for hundreds of years. Put them in chains and sent them around the world to die

well, yea, god is that which is above the law, that wich makes the law, that which makes everything

youre reducing these things to absurdity because you dont get what the story is about, the story is true, the way all mythological representations are true, a literaly representation of basic truths of life and reality as worked out by generations after generations of people and written down in a integral form that delivers the punchline, and the punchline here is that shit is worse, way, way... WAY worse than you can imagine, and it can always get worse still, so you might as well be cool about it

i dont know about you but to me this is a accurate representation of a fundamental truth

No God is above the law

It was God putting Man in his place.

yes, take it up the bum and don't even dare to ask questions about it. good goyim.

god is a mythological personification of reality, reality gives no fucks about laws

It is an amazing read.

Too bad you completely borked it.

dont quote me your fanfiction

That's how you know it's a true story, and that's how you know Job was a better man than you'll ever be.

God made the Law. It is God's Law.

God is a person.

The Law is older than God

someone gets cancer, who the fuck is he supposed to ''ask questions about it''

someones child dies in a car accident, what '' questions'' is he supposed to ask

someone watches his whole family get murdered in front of him and then survives months of prison camp, whats he supposed to do, go around asking ''questions''

you people are naive, you dont get how shit things actualy are to begin with

>good boys get to die last
truly, a paragon of virtue

God is eternal; nothing is "older than" God.

Job was a man that God considered to be righteous.

You? You can't even convince Veeky Forums you're not one of the average degenerates here.

People practiced The Law in their own rudimentary and somewhat flawed ways before God was born. Who has parents, and killed half of them to bring justice teh world. The Father was one of them, same guy who supposedly tortured Job when he was more like the heart of darkness from Absalom, Absalom

>if The Lord says it it must be true.
Dudes a pathological liar.

>someone gets cancer, who the fuck is he supposed to ''ask questions about it''
God.

>someones child dies in a car accident, what '' questions'' is he supposed to ask
Why, God.

>someone watches his whole family get murdered in front of him and then survives months of prison camp, whats he supposed to do, go around asking ''questions''
Oh, God, why.

>you people are naive, you dont get how shit things actualy are to begin with
And you don't know God.

God created people.

God is eternal.

If God is a liar, then mankind has no hope.

How long can you live without hope?

I think it's interesting to note what kind of mindset a pre-christian would have to his situation of having everything and then losing it. a pre-christian would probably assume it has something to do with "the evil eye" -- that is, most likely someone is jealous of him and wants him harm. His response would then be something like "death to my enemies" a much more productive response than just lying down and taking it thinking he's harmed mr jewgod somehow. Even if he didnt think it was due to "the evil eye" he would have other options, he could have gone to the mountains and sacrificed some animal and be able to process it psychologically that way. The character that the authors of job wants us to be would have no such options. And that is what christianity is about -- making weak, irrational beings.

Find hope in the new God prophecised by Nietzsche and pray to him - Elohim.
>muh dogma
whatever

Job knew about God, believed in God, and even made sacrifices of oxen to God. God considered him a righteous man.

Job reasoned with no help from anyone else that God must provide a mediator for God and Man to air out their grievances.

Job reasoned that the mediator must be man, and divine, in order to put one hand on God, and one hand on Man.

With zero biblical scriptures having been written (Job was written prior to Genesis), Job not only knew how to worship God, but also predicted that the Messiah would be the Son of God, and the Son of Man.

Elohim is in Genesis 1.

Nietzsche was a madman, and died a mandman.

*madman

wtf does he answer ?

lmao

I think it's natural to ask questions in situations like that, but the christian god don't want you to. An atheist could be motivated to write a book about the societal conditions making those situations come true and perhaps fight it. A true pious christian should lay down and take it thinking he has angered the jewgod.!

go ahead and read Job! Job contradicts you! Don't dare asking question of God goyim

Look. I get it. You want something spiritual in your life. I just cannot for the life of me understand why you have to champion something as fucked up as the jewbible in order to have that.

Of course.

No, Job does not contradict anything I said about Job.

Job had a grievance, a petition that he wanted to present to God.

When the time finally came to do so, and God Himself appeared in the whirlwind, and put Job in his place, Job fell on his face and kept his mouth shut, considering himself a worm.

The gulf between God and Man is far greater than you can now imagine.

It took God to span it.

saying what exactly?

Why don't you read the bible, and find out?

imagine worshiping this abomination. Just eating dirt and hoping he doesn't kill you.

imagine not worshiping God. Just eating dirt and then being cast into a lake of fire forever.

Maybe you missed the end of Job, but Job's wealth was doubled; more children were born, and he ended his days better than he was at this trial.

What am I saying. Of course you missed everything important in Job. You think God is an abomination, when your spiritual father, satan himself, told you so.

>he ended his days better than he was at this trial.
So dead children and wives can just be replaced? Thats ending your days better than before? They're all just meat to the slaughter? This is literally kool-aid that charles manson would love to give.

>satan
Paradise lost would explain all these motiffs to you if you read it.

Job and all of his first set of children, and all of his second set of children, are in heaven now.

You? You're going to hell because you're too stupid to worship the same God Job worshiped.

>Paradise lost

Fanfic. Poorly written, politically inspired fanfic. Nothing in it is real. Nobody rules in hell.

i did, apparently it says; tough shit

i mean, i agree with that completely, it is tough shit

What part of "the Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord" did you skip right the fuck over?

Shall we take only good from God, and not ill?

DID YOU EVEN READ JOB?

Why get on the internet and lie?

And why, as a child of satan, do you expect to be treated as a child of God?

>You're going to hell
you a fortune teller now? You now me and judge me like God? Now yourself before you know others, who see with eyes uncovered by wool your ancestors handed to you. Who slaved away in the field for their Lord, for some shithole 'house' in the afterlife so he can tell his wife and children they got replaced and he was better off without them. Pathetic. This is why christians were tortured with every punishment there was for hudnerds of years, they're dogs.

It doesn't take a fortune teller to know you're not a born again Christian.

It takes a born again Christian.

you are roleplaying way to hard

No, Christians have been murdered because the devil, your father, hates us. And Adam gave the devil the deed to this rock when he joined satan's rebellion.

You're pathetic. Not God, not me, and certainly not Job.

make your own damn shit

It's a real question. Why, as a child of the devil, do you expect God to treat you as a loving father?

Why don't you go to your father, the devil, for the love you seek?

Tell me what you can make without using anything God gave you.

I don't know who you are since we don't have id's here(really idiotic btw).

That's nice circular logic there btw. Im not really into worshipping myself though. Im more like jesus wanting to see for myself, not just suck the dick of some character in a story that's been created in order to control people. You know there's anime with better characters than in the bible right? There's also a lot of good literature that teaches more than the bible out there. And if you are interested in how people used to think thousands of years ago(i admit, this is another quality of the bible, but all older books hold this quality) there's a lot of other older books out there. For mystical philosophy i recommend the Tipitaka as that is basically what jesus is supposed to be(unless he was just tripping on shrooms while he said those things). There's also erowid.org which has a lot of even better mystical quotes than jesus from contemporary people that are tripping.

If you want soulful philosophy(not the kind that's practiced in academia today) i recommend Plato. It's also cool if you want a reason for being good(he's better than jesus because he actually gives reasons and doesnt just rely on argument of "authority".). It's also better to philosophize around this "good" question instead of being a zealot that thinks he's good because he's totally into this jesus dude; makes for better people.

Your will

>im pathetic because I kill your people
be slayed upon the rocks then, suffer in the afterlife, and in your eternal torment, know that you were right in the end because you didn't do anything when death came for you and your family.

1) Jesus is God. Jesus looks into a mirror and sees God.

2) Nothing in the bible is there to "control" you. God will not infringe upon your sovereignty, that He gave you, and will not allow anyone else to either.

3) There are no characters in the bible, only God, people, and angels.

4) Your recommendations are obviously falling on deaf ears.

5) Your drug addictions will kill you.

6) Plato was a fool next to Jesus, or any author of the bible, or really any Christian. You cannot make up the Logos; the Logos is a person, an eternal person, that Plato never met until it was too late.

7) There are none good but God.

Your will was given to you by God. Everything you have was given to you by God.

You can kill me, but God can kill you and cast your soul into hell.

and will.

Every baby-boomer became one of those and they ruined the USA.

the fuck are you even on about m8, you sound like a baptist on crack

Maybe 25% of the boomers are born again Christians.

Which word don't you understand?

>given to you
I made it myself, and I will kill anyone who claims my things as threes. Just like Elohim did to your cloud-faced abomination of a God.

>but God can kill you and cast your soul into hell.
really? wonder why your people are jokes since the beginning until the end. Even jesus isn't one with God, but I guess you are? You're so pious he'd avenge you? When you spend your days accusing people of not following your retarded creed?

>empirical evidence
just more wool over your eyes

Nope. Everything you have, and are, and use, was given to you by God.

Light, gravity, food, water, spleen, soul, will, everything.

Just another fool chirping about things he doesn't know.

Where's your "empirical evidence" that "all" of the boomers are born again Christians?

t. 12 year old edgelord.

I think the virtue that this story tries to convey is that even if your moral actions don't produce the good outcomes that we have adopted them for due to the suffering inherent in the world, doesn't mean we should throw out these rules.

It is moral to be kind to others, doing unto them as you would have them do unto you, and working diligently to improve yourself and the world around you. This kind of behavior usually leads to the improvement of life for yourself and everyone around you, especially if they are acting in like fashion.
However, you could just as soon be struck with cancer or lightning or bandits could come and kill your family and rape you.
The terrible evil in the world is incapable of being avoided. Everyone will die and suffer horribly throughout their lives, no matter how virtuous they are.

The moral of Job is that we shouldn't let that inescapable suffering convince us that it isn't worth living by the moral codes that have helped us form a society and create well-being for ourselves, our families, and our neighbors.

The reason for the Leviathan metaphor is as explains. When you are concerned with your own problems and issues, and are wondering, "Hey, I was good and virtuous according to these so-called moral laws, and I got cancer and got struck by lightning anyways!! I think this is all bunk!!" You should step back and realize that we built these moral laws over thousands of years of our ancestors' trial and error, working as essentially the exact same kinds of humans as you, to improve their lives and the lives of their families and neighbors, and they have decided that these rules tend to do that. It's bigger and more far-reaching than the particulars of any individual's personal suffering. It's about trying to build a society that improves the well-being on the whole Leviathan, even if a few fish in the swarm are struck down due to the inescapable sufferings of life.

I read that cunt's book, he's contradicting his own canon, that was Uriel

they are one and the same.

Eat shit profligate. I don't owe anyone anything, especially not your kennel-master of a God. You christian dog.

You will be held accountable by God for what you did with the life He gave you.

you a prophet? because fortune-telling and cursing is a grave sin. You piece of filth

First time i read Job, i felt sick for 3 days. The bible is seriously an evil book.

Congratulations on being an even bigger retard than the biblehumping madman.

Leviathan sounds like a cool dude if he can keep G-D entertained.
What games do they play?

Sensible jej.

Just a light shining in the darkness of your soul.

Just think. These are your good days.

The child of the devil, becoming sick while reading the bible?

Color me surprised.

Im one of the nicest guys you haven't met. You seem quite evil though. Wishing for people to go to hell and burn for all eternity.

If I were an omnipotent god, I'd be fucking with people's lives and heads with all these contradictory statements too. Why not keep 'em guessing? Make this Bethlehem women go into labor without seed, send schizophrenic visions to a prophet in the desert. Why wouldn't you, in all seriousness?

>Hey yeah okay that's a great question Job no really great I mean it fantastic question okay but first listen right I've invented this fish it's called the Leviathan it's basically the greatest fish ever holy shit let me tell you about it the Leviathan it's amazing it's really the bee's fucking knees yeah hold on shut up I'll get to that you gotta know about this fish
I read that with Trump's voice (inb4 "subvocalizing is bad mmkay?")

daily reminder that Markion was right